Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Honest Fifa 18 trailer:

https://streamable.com/g36fy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right. Restocked and filled my trade pile, and now up to 100 IFs for the first time. And 250k now to spend on my team.

Reckon I can build a super Italian league so gonna try that out. Grab IF El Sha for up front with Gomez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

irishman86 wrote: »
    With the legends being squad challenge does that mean they wont hit the market :confused:

It's a bit silly I think, I don't mind the high rated squads needed but icons are so rare anyway I fear now that I'll never get the chance to use even the more basic ones

Some of the legends last year were going near discard 100k+ for legends, can't see them ever going that low with these SBCs unless the pack weights are changed massively

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just played my first game with Jesus up top, the difference he made to my attacking gameplay was unreal. Handy 2-0 win where he scored both and I wasn’t really troubled at the back at all, even when he brought on Aubamayang for the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got my tax rebate sorted today and decided to treat myself to 40 quid of FIFA Points, first bit of money I've spent this year and I can't say I'm upset with the outcome.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-12_at_20.37.21.png
    Screen_Shot_2017-10-12_at_20.44.32.png

(Again sorry for image size)

I actually feel a bit bad about this luck, if I could give yous some coins without risking a ban I would :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

U jammy git

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

Packed Chielini from weekend league rewards :)
    Going for about 120k I think + 50k ish in other players so my first ever slog payed off!

Reading from Futbin that it’s about a million to do Del Piero sbc. Not as bad as I thought. Price will probably drop next week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Didn't realise the Prime versions of those 3 Icons are now in packs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't realise the Prime versions of those 3 Icons are now in packs too.

Don't tell us you found out by packing one :)

EA should be subject to gambling laws based on the history of my packs.

What are the odds of getting Ronaldo or an Icon card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

EA can Foxtrot Oscar with the Icon sbc's. They are taking the proverbial too far. Like seriously, if I was going to attempt that shoite I'd be expecting the player to come to my house and play the game for me ffs.

"EA Sports, it's in the game"

More like EA Sports, feck the game. Trade, trade, trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

A bit over 400k after all my IFs sold today barring one. Would be a bit more if I wasn’t addicted to those gold upgrade packs....on the bright side, I’ve got Son, Umtitti and Insigne to show for today’s lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Finally started to play some games after 1) building my squad and 2) waiting for things to settle down a bit so most of the top players would get out of the early divisions :pac:

Rolling with the below Premier League team at the moment (4-1-2-1-2 wide). I know it's the most expensive but it's the league I enjoy playing with most:

Ederson
    Kolasinac Smalling Keane Clyne
    Fellaini (IF)
    Mirallas
    Zaha
    David Silva
    Son Batshauyi

Karius, Sakho, Koyoute, Ox, Defoe and a couple of others I can't remember on the bench. Son is a machine up front with the finisher chemistry. :eek:

Happy enough with how things are going so far and the early divisions seem comfortable enough at the moment. However, it feels like I'm really missing a couple of top players though to put me over the edge, only thing is I'm back to **** all coins now and I feel like I've done all I can with the SBC's as the rest just cost too much to justify the reward.

What would you do in my position here? Sell IF Fellaini and use the money to upgrade elsewhere is one possible option I see. Selling Silva an option too as I don't feel I'm getting a whole lot out of him, though that could just be my playing style. Keep playing games with what I have and build coins that way to begin trading again?

Also, I'm looking for some recommendations on players. In particular I'm looking at Premier League LM's, RM's and perhaps most of all ST's in that 25,000-30,000 bracket or less as these are key positions in my playing style and I think it will be a while before I can look at more than that price point again.

Thanks guys for all your help so far. As a newbie to FUT, I have to say the help and support on this thread is top class.

Paully D wrote: »
    Finally started to play some games after 1) building my squad and 2) waiting for things to settle down a bit so most of the top players would get out of the early divisions :pac:

Rolling with the below Premier League team at the moment (4-1-2-1-2 wide). I know it's the most expensive but it's the league I enjoy playing with most:

Ederson
    Kolasinac Smalling Keane Clyne
    Fellaini (IF)
    Mirallas
    Zaha
    David Silva
    Son Batshauyi

Karius, Sakho, Koyoute, Ox, Defoe and a couple of others I can't remember on the bench. Son is a machine up front with the finisher chemistry. :eek:

Happy enough with how things are going so far and the early divisions seem comfortable enough at the moment. However, it feels like I'm really missing a couple of top players though to put me over the edge, only thing is I'm back to **** all coins now and I feel like I've done all I can with the SBC's as the rest just cost too much to justify the reward.

What would you do in my position here? Sell IF Fellaini and use the money to upgrade elsewhere is one possible option I see. Selling Silva an option too as I don't feel I'm getting a whole lot out of him, though that could just be my playing style. Keep playing games with what I have and build coins that way to begin trading again?

Also, I'm looking for some recommendations on players. In particular I'm looking at Premier League LM's, RM's and perhaps most of all ST's in that 25,000-30,000 bracket or less as these are key positions in my playing style and I think it will be a while before I can look at more than that price point again.

Thanks guys for all your help so far. As a newbie to FUT, I have to say the help and support on this thread is top class.

Lazzini with West Ham is a nice pacey CAM, I use him as back up for Eriksen and he does the business for me.
    For LM you could go with Martial/Son and have one of them up as a Striker.
    For RM I use Willian.
    As someone pointed out the 4-2-3-1 (2) is an awesome formation. I love your formation but it’s been nerfed the past few years. This new formation allows my wingers to get forward very fast and support my ST while a packet CAM behind him will get his fair share of goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hardy a surprise but If I were you I would save for Jesus. He is awesome with an unreal record for me. Bakayoko; Gueye; Mosunda and Rooney are others that do well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus squad battles are annoying,played 4 won2 lost 2,all over them but can't bloody score,between blocked shots,posts,and keepers like reckon walls,any tips?,I'm only playing semi proðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just sold ederson for 19000,my first sale

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jesus squad battles are annoying,played 4 won2 lost 2,all over them but can't bloody score,between blocked shots,posts,and keepers like reckon walls,any tips?,I'm only playing semi proðŸ˜

I just can't be bothered with playing the AI if I'm honest. Real people make mistakes, even if its rarely, butI just find the computer is too capable of cheating and going "Time for me to score!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Changing up to legendary was the best tip I've got for squad battles, any not-great squad I play on that and find it far easier that world class!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I just can't be bothered with playing the AI if I'm honest. Real people make mistakes, even if its rarely, butI just find the computer is too capable of cheating and going "Time for me to score!"

This.. I gave up after a week. The time for computer to score is a wreck the head, usually happens nearly straight after you take a lead late in the game too

• Advertisement

Running this now, after starting to invest properly into my team.

Bellotti is ****ing magical. His 5* weak foot is incredible and he can score from anywhere, and he's a big tough guy too. Gomez is brilliant at CAM. Lukaku at LB wins EVERYTHING. Hamsik isn't really amazing in the CDM. He's not bad, but I feel he's very absent. El Sha is ok, in terms of speed, but he's a habit of going missing too.

Went from 4 straight losses in Div 6 to 3 straight 4-0 wins :D

967fc047-9755-4963-b117-4d9c0591d925.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Running this now, after starting to invest properly into my team.

Bellotti is ****ing magical. His 5* weak foot is incredible and he can score from anywhere, and he's a big tough guy too. Gomez is brilliant at CAM. Lukaku at LB wins EVERYTHING. Hamsik isn't really amazing in the CDM. He's not bad, but I feel he's very absent. El Sha is ok, in terms of speed, but he's a habit of going missing too.

Went from 4 straight losses in Div 6 to 3 straight 4-0 wins :D

967fc047-9755-4963-b117-4d9c0591d925.png

Belotti was an absolute donkey for me. I really wanted to like him, as I'm a big fan of his in real life but he just was so slow to turn, dribbling felt awful just for basic things like turning and I wasn't very good at crossing at the time. Had to go back to ol' reliable Immobile, who just seems more rounded for me. I was only playing with one up top though.

I'd get Matuidi in at CDM, Hamsik prob isn't necessary cos you have 2 CAM's and I think you'd benefit from having a more mobile midfield as they do a lot of the leg work in that formation.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Belotti was an absolute donkey for me. I really wanted to like him, as I'm a big fan of his in real life but he just was so slow to turn, dribbling felt awful just for basic things like turning and I wasn't very good at crossing at the time. Had to go back to ol' reliable Immobile, who just seems more rounded for me. I was only playing with one up top though.

I'd get Matuidi in at CDM, Hamsik prob isn't necessary cos you have 2 CAM's and I think you'd benefit from having a more mobile midfield as they do a lot of the leg work in that formation.

Hehe, funny you said Matuidi cause I was just looking at him. I figure if I can get him, I might look to replace El Sha with a French striker. Maybe even splash out on Griezmann or Mbappe, and look to boost their chemistry with a French alternative to Alberto.

POTM Kane SBC is out.

7 IFs needed, no league restriction :D

fZt917L.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

All of my stuff was sold up yesterday...was waiting to invest in an Icon. Maybe I should’ve stuck with the IFs!!

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jesus squad battles are annoying,played 4 won2 lost 2,all over them but can't bloody score,between blocked shots,posts,and keepers like reckon walls,any tips?,I'm only playing semi pro/QUOTE]

go into settings and change defending from tactical to legacy. Huge difference.
    Also go with 4-2-3-1 i think it is..fantastic formation,.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

POTM Kane SBC is out.

7 IFs needed, no league restriction :D

fZt917L.gif

It's a very achievable sbc aswell, the most expensive bit will be the IFs. You should do well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ifs will shoot up in price

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

the 86 team will be quite expensive coming so early in the game

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    It's a very achievable sbc aswell, the most expensive bit will be the IFs. You should do well :)

They aren't flying out the door but I'm selling at least three an hour now. Reckon I'll cash out this weekend, and shift full time to non-IFs and consumables.

Advertisement