Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Guffy

astradave wrote: »
    What’s the difference

They changed the way in which u defend in fifa 18 if you go legacy it'll go back to 17 defending if your more used to it. I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Guffy wrote: »
    They changed the way in which u defend in fifa 18 if you go legacy it'll go back to 17 defending if your more used to it. I think

Don't think its fifa 17 mate... legacy defending is the old form of defending from back in 2012 or 13 days it's been there a good while i can't even rememember the old way but it was a lot more basic but the option came in when ea changed to the so called intelligent defending.

Some people are saying it does improve alright but I think it's because a lot more of the defensive aspects are computer controlled.

I don't know if I'm the only one that's just realised it I'd say I'm slow to the party but Im Using the jockey button along woth circle or mostly x to gain control of the ball it is great for interceptions or giving a push off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

astradave wrote: »
    Having an awful run, dunno what it is, scoring plenty but conceding loads now, lost the last game 4-3 with him scoring 3 in the last 10 mins of the match.

Hate this ****in game
    Likewise, it's doing my head in. I can score and then the other team answer straight away. In the online season, I've played 6, won 1 and lost 5! Never ever have I found it so difficult. The games I'm losing I'm conceding 4/5 goals.

Fupping head wrecking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They keep f*cking changing the meta in the patches. I had defending and attacking down. But now they've buffed auto-defend, so teams are just going ultra defensive in 95% of the games in WL and going counter-attack and letting the AI defend for them. Dumbing down is no craic. Finished Gold 1 for the WL, but disappointed not to get Elite 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got martial in a reward pack for a single player draft so I should have around 300k once he sells. I'm not going to build a serious team until the market crashes so does anyone have any tips for what to invest in in the meantime ?

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got martial in a reward pack for a single player draft so I should have around 300k once he sells. I'm not going to build a serious team until the market crashes so does anyone have any tips for what to invest in in the meantime ?

Calcio A or La Liga. Ligue 1 are decent too, but they lack cheap good strikers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gyan84 wrote: »

Just built a pretty decent Bundesliga/German hybrid myself. There's a couple of cheap in-forms in it but you could find a decent substitute for them to keep the price down. Chem styles are key though, the right ones can any make player good.

Ligue 1 is definitely my thing this year though and I'd highly recommend that too. A lot of bargains there, especially in defence and attack.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Calcio A or La Liga. Ligue 1 are decent too, but they lack cheap good strikers imo.

Balotelli and Plea are as good as any striker I've used so far and they go for peanuts. Both are much better than Cavani. Only better striker I've used is a loan Aubameyang.

I find Calcio A to be poor this year for forwards unless you're willing to spend on Mertens, Papu Gomez or Higuain. Immobile looks like the best cheap option there.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Balotelli and Plea are as good as any striker I've used so far and they go for peanuts. Both are much better than Cavani. Only better striker I've used is a loan Aubameyang.

I find Calcio A to be poor this year for forwards unless you're willing to spend on Mertens, Papu Gomez or Higuain. Immobile looks like the best cheap option there.

I run a Calcio A squad and yeah Immobile is definitely the one to go for. I've tried much more expensive options and just didn't work for me. He got 32 goals in 25 weekend league games for me so far.

Cancelo and Lukaku are hard to beat for value LB and RB, both crazy fast with good defending and strength, throw a sentinel on them and they are super solid.

Allan at CDM is a beast. Feliper Anderson and Callejon on the wings and you have a fast, technical team that can be built for peanuts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't find a game without lag. Damn storm :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can't find a game without lag. Damn storm :(

I can't find a game with the nag...... damn wife.

Loving my new Bundesliga team, 3-0 so far in Squad Battles all on Legendary. Abraham, Tah and Sule as a back three with Shadow cards on them is pretty effective at not letting in goals. IF Zuber at LM is unreal too, only 11k but extremely effective, easily the most well-rounded player I've used. 5 stats at 80 or above and the other one is 77. The definition of a hidden gem at that price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Done that Harry Kane SBC because it wasn't going to cost me a lot. Had a lot of players that is picked up for cheap early game so decided to do it. He's not setting the world on for so far. Great shot on him just not enough pace to get away from the defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Impulse bought 85 Deco for 400k...going for 430k atm so can sell him on for profit. Played a few games and he’s been unreal so far. Haven’t gotten a chance to try out his free kicks yet but sitting at CAM in 433(4) he’s running the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

duffman13 wrote: »
    Done that Harry Kane SBC because it wasn't going to cost me a lot. Had a lot of players that is picked up for cheap early game so decided to do it. He's not setting the world on for so far. Great shot on him just not enough pace to get away from the defenders.

Don't mean to be that guy but maybe next time try the loan version of the potm to see if you like him rather than sinking 300k, 20 games with the loan version is usually enough to see if he's good for you

Impulse bought 85 Deco for 400k...going for 430k atm so can sell him on for profit. Played a few games and he’s been unreal so far. Haven’t gotten a chance to try out his free kicks yet but sitting at CAM in 433(4) he’s running the show.

That's my plan for my Italian league team is to buy him or hagi to play cam. Deco looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Don't mean to be that guy but maybe next time try the loan version of the potm to see if you like him rather than sinking 300k, 20 games with the loan version is usually enough to see if he's good for you

True, id got all the players in my club to do the sbc and almost 800k tied up in otw players so just gave it a shot. He's got 9 goals in 6 games now, with 7 of those coming in the last 3. Getting the hang of him now but don't know how much fun I'll get out of him. Definitely do a loan next time though

martyos121 wrote: »
    IF Zuber at LM is unreal too, only 11k but extremely effective, easily the most well-rounded player I've used. 5 stats at 80 or above and the other one is 77. The definition of a hidden gem at that price. :)

I've got 15 of him in my trade pil so hoping more people cop on to this. He's way, way under valued, if even just as a super sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone else use aspas , I think he's deadly tbh,also I find moussa dembele very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's my plan for my Italian league team is to buy him or hagi to play cam. Deco looks good.

Definitely give Deco a go. Enjoying him in my team so far. His pace doesn’t really affect him either. I’ll probably end up selling him on some time and getting Pires as I prefer tall CAMs in 433(4).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Decided to pick up Son and give him a go seeing as a lot of people swear by him on here..is he better playing from the left or as a ST?

I've got 15 of him in my trade pil so hoping more people cop on to this. He's way, way under valued, if even just as a super sub.

Just to give an update on him, I played four more squad battles with that team. Much closer games this time, only a goal in all of them, Zuber scored the winner three times after the 80th minute (in separate games), and assisted three in the last game. He's absolutely ridiculous, a broken player if there's such a thing. Even if he went up in value ten times over I wouldn't think about selling him.

Anyone else feel the game has been significantly dumbed down since the last patch? Just feels like Fifa 17 now. I really enjoyed the new defending style once I got the hang of it, felt like I had to time tackles/pushing out much more. Now I just hold formation until opponent misplaces a pace. I enjoy that varying styles could work like high press vs low press, it was a fun clash of styles. Now it's just counter-attack low block teams holding position until a shot gets blocked or an interception is made, counter attacks, rinse repeat.

Anyone else feel the game has been significantly dumbed down since the last patch? Just feels like Fifa 17 now. I really enjoyed the new defending style once I got the hang of it, felt like I had to time tackles/pushing out much more. Now I just hold formation until opponent misplaces a pace. I enjoy that varying styles could work like high press vs low press, it was a fun clash of styles. Now it's just counter-attack low block teams holding position until a shot gets blocked or an interception is made, counter attacks, rinse repeat.

The patch never addressed any defensive issues.

Any changes you've found are material.

The patch only addressed shooting/goalkeeping, adjusting one down and the other up.

Games still end up 2-2 at HT every second game.

I agree on teams holding contain, there's even less incentive to build up plays in this with defending how it is. Its far harder to break down a packed defence then trying to defend a counter.

I sold all my players and kept trading, until the game plays like Seasons I won't bother as my record is circa 48-12-36 while in seasons its 6-0-0 and my game stats are far superior whereas UT its basically 2-4 goals a game against.

The patch never addressed any defensive issues.

Any changes you've found are material.

The patch only addressed shooting/goalkeeping, adjusting one down and the other up.

Games still end up 2-2 at HT every second game.

I agree on teams holding contain, there's even less incentive to build up plays in this with defending how it is. Its far harder to break down a packed defence then trying to defend a counter.

I sold all my players and kept trading, until the game plays like Seasons I won't bother as my record is circa 48-12-36 while in seasons its 6-0-0 and my game stats are far superior whereas UT its basically 2-4 goals a game against.

It definitely changed the defending. Head over to any big Fifa forum, ala reddit etc and it's all people are talking about.

The patch notes don't tell the full story, kicker.de did an article on it. They've changed the mechanics loads since the game launched (it happens every year). People complain that defending is too hard and they change it up to make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

It definitely changed the defending. Head over to any big Fifa forum, ala reddit etc and it's all people are talking about.

The patch notes don't tell the full story, kicker.de did an article on it. They've changed the mechanics loads since the game launched (it happens every year). People complain that defending is too hard and they change it up to make it easier.

Yeah, I spent the first week getting used to the new defending system. It was hard but I liked it, then they hit Fifa 17 switch when people complained. I'm not enjoying the gameplay either since then.

I feel the defending isn't too bad provided you use whatever player you're controlling to block off passing lanes, mark runners, etc. You can't just rocket one or two of your guys at whoever has the ball.

I feel the defending isn't too bad provided you use whatever player you're controlling to block off passing lanes, mark runners, etc. You can't just rocket one or two of your guys at whoever has the ball.

My issue is that the defending is too easy now. If you just keep position and pack the box you make it impossible to score.

I don't mind that style of play, but it seems to be exclusively that now. Whereas early on I felt that you could use alternative play styles like high press effectively too. Now there is scant reward for pressing up the field smartly. It gets kind of boring playing Weekend League games where every team is ultra defensive + counter attacking. I can usually break those teams down pre patch, but now the AI defender just gets in the way of everything.

It don't matter what way the game is set up people will always abuse the style of play that wins if it's not stacking the box with defenders it's counter attack or bloody tiki taka.

Judging the game by other forums don't work either it's full of conspiracy ideas and what not a small number of people can make 1000s believe anything if they write it convincingly.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    It don't matter what way the game is set up people will always abuse the style of play that wins if it's not stacking the box with defenders it's counter attack or bloody tiki taka.

Judging the game by other forums don't work either it's full of conspiracy ideas and what not a small number of people can make 1000s believe anything if they write it convincingly.

I agree with that the meta will generally go one way and be abused, but there has to be a balance. I think they are just tweaking too much too often based on some negative feedback.

All I want is something that sort of resembles football, cos right now I'm almost bored of it after a month cos it just feels like 17 all over again.

They really bugged up stylistic matchups and teams having personalities and I really felt that in the demo and the first few weeks of FUT, but now it just seems to have resorted to default and I'll probably give up earlier than ever before if it carries on the same.

I also really enjoyed defending early game, it felt rewarding for once, even if it was very punishing at times.

Advertisement