Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I got the one with the 20 jumbo packs, but that was thanks to the discounts. I got the loyalty bonus and the EA access bonus, so that knocked the edition down to the price of the regular one :)

Brainbox here forgot about that in game discount and went to order the Ronaldo edition on the store earlier on

Luckily my card has expired and wasn't arsed getting it out of the wallet and thank feck I was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

My best striker last year was probably Falcao, I use unpopular players here and there as well

I'm going to make a commitment to myself to never use Renato Sanches, if he's anything like last year he's going to be a nightmare

Never used Sanches myself
    My Prem teams are of players i like rather than are high rated, i do ok with this tactic so constantly use it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Speaking of unusual players reminds me of Borja Valero. He was my hero for weeks, got rid when could afford better players, but always kept him on bench and started regularly. Took me good few coins to find a replacement that could match him :D

There are players who just fit the way you play. He was one of them for me last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People always ask how to make coins quickly and early. One good way is to use the catalogue and avail of the easy to get stuff there. Loan players can plug holes for a while, letting you save coins on building teams, and the coin boosts are free coins too.

This is from Reddit. Note that with the coin rewards, you can essentially get a free 82,000 coins from your first 120 or so games (Not including the coins you'd get normally, from finishing games and finishing each season).

Loan Players (Games)

Donnarumma (12)

Lemar (10)

Keïta (9)

Koulibaly (8)

Süle (8)

Lacazette (8)

Nainggolan (7)

Alderweireld (7)

Iniesta (6)

Godin (6)

Aubameyang (6)

Thiago Silva (5)

Higuain (5)

Özil (5)

De Gea (4)

Hazard (4)

Neuer (5)

CR7 (3)

Coin Boosts: (82k in total)

2x 200 coins for 5 games

2x 200 coins for 10 games

2x 200 Coins for 15 games

2x 1000 coins for 5 games

3x 1000 coins for 10 games

2x 1000 coins for 15 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

And you can get coins by collecting the 99 contract and selling them at the start of the game they could be worth 2k each you get five.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up if anyone pre ordered from Xbox my money was taken today from PayPal so make sure ye have it covered I wasn't expecting it for another few days but was ok anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I even quick sell balls and other unnecessary club items as soon as the game starts :)

Are all the legend cards that have been built up on Xbox since 14 gone now and replaced with the few "icon" cards announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are all the legend cards that have been built up on Xbox since 14 gone now and replaced with the few "icon" cards announced?

I wouldn't imagine so..generally more are added to the existing ones every year.

Blazer wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine so..generally more are added to the existing ones every year.

It seems the end of the legends contract with XBox seems to be the end of the legends contracts themselves. Disappointed myself I was mad to get Roy Keane but looks like another FUT where I won't

http://www.futhead.com/news/fifa-18/790/fifa-18-fut-new-icons-complete-list-17-legends-not-in/

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just a heads up if anyone pre ordered from Xbox my money was taken today from PayPal so make sure ye have it covered I wasn't expecting it for another few days but was ok anyway.

I thought they had taken the money weeks ago :(

I thought they had taken the money weeks ago :(

no..they only take it close to the shipping day..man they even tell you when buying it :D

There is a few icons that i will aim for
    Jay-Jay the first
    I see them being crazy expensive though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

a25e6523d595824bfea953cf43f62f0b.png
    26c4af9b3cabf036487ba8320bbae974.png

Can't imagine anyone would rather the 87 version.

It seems the end of the legends contract with XBox seems to be the end of the legends contracts themselves. Disappointed myself I was mad to get Roy Keane but looks like another FUT where I won't

http://www.futhead.com/news/fifa-18/790/fifa-18-fut-new-icons-complete-list-17-legends-not-in/

That's really disappointing tbh.

I know Xbox lost the exclusive deal but thought they'd just bring legends to PS as well.

So we go from around 50+ legends to around 10 icons.

Loved saving up for some of my favourite players each year like Keane, Nedved, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy etc.

That's really disappointing tbh.

I know Xbox lost the exclusive deal but thought they'd just bring legends to PS as well.

So we go from around 50+ legends to around 10 icons.

Loved saving up for some of my favourite players each year like Keane, Nedved, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy etc.

With 3 cards for every icon now there's probably more icon cards than individual legends last year, EA probably think we'd prefer that

Mind some of them are so similar they're pointless like the Okacha cards OJ linked

With 3 cards for every icon now there's probably more icon cards than individual legends last year, EA probably think we'd prefer that

Mind some of them are so similar they're pointless like the Okacha cards OJ linked

I know what you mean but I'd rather individual legends than this 3 card stuff.

Don't get me wrong I could never save up for a Pele, Best, Maldini etc but it was the players I liked myself that I liked saving up for like the ones I mentioned above.

Just find in weird why they wouldn't just bring the roster of legends over to PS that were on Xbox.

Don't get me wrong I could never save up for a Pele, Best, Maldini etc but it was the players I liked myself that I liked saving up for like the ones I mentioned above.

Just find in weird why they wouldn't just bring the roster of legends over to PS that were on Xbox.

I love icons coming to PS, but the three card system is stupid
    I'd rather players like Pauleta/Totti/Juninho that three JJ's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Legends > Icons = easy reset for EA

Ching ching for the next few years.

I really don't like this three timeline versions of 'icons', as in the different types of the one 'legend'. Dilutes **** imo.

Is it just me that hates EA?

Liamalone wrote: »

I really don't like this three timeline versions of 'icons', as in the different types of the one 'legend'. Dilutes **** imo.

I dont hate ea
    But some things they do with sports games annoys me
    NFL for me doesnt seem to change all that much
    I agree it dilutes the player with the three cards system, hopefully they dump it for next year

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »

nope I hate them too for their sheer greediness.
    UT is worth 500 million dollars to them each year and its geared up to suck in as many newbies as possible in order to suck money out of them.

I think everyone would prefer more legends than this 3 card style they're doing

For some of them it makes sense at least like Henry since he played multiple positions, but it's redundant for someone like Ferdinand it's like his regular card and 2 IF cards it's a wee bit pointless

By my rough count from this image, there's 40 icons, and there was 70 legends last year so it's an increase in cards but a decrease in players

I think everyone would prefer more legends than this 3 card style they're doing

For some of them it makes sense at least like Henry since he played multiple positions, but it's redundant for someone like Ferdinand it's like his regular card and 2 IF cards it's a wee bit pointless

By my rough count from this image, there's 40 icons, and there was 70 legends last year so it's an increase in cards but a decrease in players

I understand what you mean such as regarding Henry
    But i dont know anyone who prefers the new system, pick his best year and what position he was then i think everyone would be happy with that

I like the 3 icons cards idea.. informs were well and truly diluted last year and this year they will be loads of icons but it will make for more various teams and doing hybrid squads.

Mertens with a hatrick today, just in time for TOTW1 :P

Dybala with one as well...
    whens the early access out?

Blazer wrote: »
    Dybala with one as well...
    whens the early access out?

21st. App launches on the 20th

Would love Valencia to get one too. He was such a beast for me last season.

21st. App launches on the 20th

Would love Valencia to get one too. He was such a beast for me last season.

I reckon degea will get one.

DDG did great. It I don't know if he will get recognition for it, sadly.

Reddit reckons we are looking at Agureo, Dybala, Mertens and Falcao in the first week, as well as Valencia.

Would love any of them in my initial pack openings :)

• Advertisement

DDG did great. It I don't know if he will get recognition for it, sadly.

Reddit reckons we are looking at Agureo, Dybala, Mertens and Falcao in the first week, as well as Valencia.

Would love any of them in my initial pack openings :)

As you were saying it probably won't be worth opening packs until the otw cards are in I think that was October last year was it?

Advertisement