Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

My OTW Salah eventually sold. Got 317k. Guess I'm best off waiting for a crash before investing in Eriksen; Martial etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lukker- wrote: »
    I agree with that the meta will generally go one way and be abused, but there has to be a balance. I think they are just tweaking too much too often based on some negative feedback.

All I want is something that sort of resembles football, cos right now I'm almost bored of it after a month cos it just feels like 17 all over again.

They really bugged up stylistic matchups and teams having personalities and I really felt that in the demo and the first few weeks of FUT, but now it just seems to have resorted to default and I'll probably give up earlier than ever before if it carries on the same.

I also really enjoyed defending early game, it felt rewarding for once, even if it was very punishing at times.

See the defending didn't bother me at start of the game what bothered me was the dribbling it was ment to be toned down from last year but when you have a player waltzing threw your back four and scoring 4 or 5 times a game that's not realistic.

I don't think they have changed defending much since launch I think it's people have got used to it and found out what works best and that stacking your defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

jayo26 wrote: »
    See the defending didn't bother me at start of the game what bothered me was the dribbling it was ment to be toned down from last year but when you have a player waltzing threw your back four and scoring 4 or 5 times a game that's not realistic.

I don't think they have changed defending much since launch I think it's people have got used to it and found out what works best and that stacking your defenders.

I could be imagining it, but again I’d be joining a long list who feel the same.

Pre patch it felt like I rarely got tackled by AI defender. Nowadays it’s almost exclusively the AI, and you can see exactly who player controls so it’s not hard to judge.

Packing the box still happened beforehand but you.could pick teams off if they relied on it exclusively.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After stomping through Div 6, I get bundled quickly out of Div 5

Time to try a new team, me thinks. Gonna look at my German options with Auba and Reus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just scored a hat-trick of longshots with Deco....no effort reuqired at all with them. Easily beating teams 5-0 or more in squad battles legendary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just scored a hat-trick of longshots with Deco....no effort reuqired at all with them. Easily beating teams 5-0 or more in squad battles legendary!

Trying to resist the urge to buy him. I want 89 Shearer but short about 200k coins which I should make up by next week so holding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else finding squad battles easier on Legenardy than Pro or World Class? I'm not sure if it's a glitch or just having a certain style of play to beat the way the AI plays on that level, but I'm having no trouble at all now scoring three or four every game and conceding maybe once every three games or so. It's not my squad either, it's only 82 rated with no superstars in it.

Definitely won't be complaining to EA anyway, comfortably in Elite 1 now and hoping to keep it that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

I'm after getting sick of my prem team so have decided on getting rid of them all meaning I'll have roughly about 600k to invest in a new team?
    Looking for some advice on what league to choose (Italian/French is what I was thinking)
    And who to build the team around?
    It's from complete scratch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've only been playing FIFA a wk and tbh I'm getting bored already,I dunno is it the game or me

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding squad battles easier on Legenardy than Pro or World Class? I'm not sure if it's a glitch or just having a certain style of play to beat the way the AI plays on that level, but I'm having no trouble at all now scoring three or four every game and conceding maybe once every three games or so. It's not my squad either, it's only 82 rated with no superstars in it.

Definitely won't be complaining to EA anyway, comfortably in Elite 1 now and hoping to keep it that way. :)

yeah I just beat a 83 rated team on legendary. I never play single player so i'm finding anything past semi pro too hard for me..lol :) too used to mp.
    Not complaining though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

My OTW Salah eventually sold. Got 317k. Guess I'm best off waiting for a crash before investing in Eriksen; Martial etc?

Still holding on, might shift him on tonight, he's hovering back around the 400k Mark after his two tonight! Barring him scoring another two tonight I don't see him getting an IF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

duffman13 wrote:
    Still holding on, might shift him on tonight, he's hovering back around the 400k Mark after his two tonight! Barring him scoring another two tonight I don't see him getting an IF

Yeah was half disappointed it went so low in the end. Was hoping for around the 400k but won't complain too much. Nice on to have packed and gotten some decent coins from it.

Blazer wrote: »
    Trying to resist the urge to buy him. I want 89 Shearer but short about 200k coins which I should make up by next week so holding out.

Yeah I’ll eventually sell on Deco and possibly buy Owen/Okocha or save for Crespo @ 700k. But for the time being, he’s rocking my midfield

Think I might give Sanchez and Hero Salah up front for a few games. Want to try something s bit different.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Loving my new Bundesliga team, 3-0 so far in Squad Battles all on Legendary. Abraham, Tah and Sule as a back three with Shadow cards on them is pretty effective at not letting in goals. IF Zuber at LM is unreal too, only 11k but extremely effective, easily the most well-rounded player I've used. 5 stats at 80 or above and the other one is 77. The definition of a hidden gem at that price. :)

Zuber is unreal as a super sub. He can slot on LB, LM, midfield , cam etc pls long distance shots and finesse traits. He’s a goddamn super sub to have. I use him for my bpl team and bring him on around 60 Mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Tried to qualify for fut league but only got to 3rd rd,it's very hard tbf,anyone done it?

Apparently if you do the daily challenges for 5-7 days you get awarded a 50-150k pack. Of course my last one was to win a game in online seasons. I ended up losIng 8 games on the trot and gave up in the end.

Also if you’re losing at drafts/fut league entry pull out the network cable from your xbox and use the ea site to claim a new token. Will post the link later on if no one knows it.

Bugger. Lukaku, who I bought as an investment at 305k, is now selling for 265k after his preformance against Pool :(

Will hold onto him for a while longer, see if he can pop a few past Benfica....

Lukaku was always seriously overpriced for his base card.
    I wouldn't give 50k for him as I find him just a big lumbering oaf.
    New TOTW out this evening so hoping my investments in Fekir,Coman and Jesus all pay off and I make a few hundred grand.
    I should have stuck with Lichsteiner..his base cards are going for 3.8k which is a nice profit when you consider I was getting him for 900 coins last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Anyone have any gems in the Bundesliga this year?

Sold up the PL team after packing Kante twice and he's very overpriced for the way the card plays!

• Advertisement

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Anyone have any gems in the Bundesliga this year?

Sold up the PL team after packing Kante twice and he's very overpriced for the way the card plays!

Kuber above..His IF card is only around the 12-15k. His stats are fantastic and you can play him anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Tried to qualify for fut league but only got to 3rd rd,it's very hard tbf,anyone done it?

Yeah, did it pre-patch. Wouldn't envy anyone trying it now. Don't think I've won 4 in a row since then. I'm making sure I hit my 18 wins every week to not have to go through it.

Blazer wrote: »
    Apparently if you do the daily challenges for 5-7 days you get awarded a 50-150k pack. Of course my last one was to win a game in online seasons. I ended up losIng 8 games on the trot and gave up in the end.

Also if you’re losing at drafts/fut league entry pull out the network cable from your xbox and use the ea site to claim a new token. Will post the link later on if no one knows it.

Ooh, sounds pretty good actually. Pity i don’t have my console with me during the week otherwise I’d have them all done :P I’ve done all weekly objectives so far

The best time to play the weekend league qualifications are Thursday in my opinion all the good players have mostly qualified from the 18 wins or already won the daily knockout so can't take part anymore.

The only problem i had last Thursday was w8nning in the final i made the final 4 or 5 times but kept coming up against teams with attribute cards on every player.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

whats the 18 win thing? is that in seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

seamie78 wrote: »

If you get 18 wins in the Weekend league, you automatically qualify for the following week.

It’s in the weekend league. There’s something like 42 games in total? Over a weekend so to hell with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

cheers thought I had missed out on an easy way in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

If you get 18 wins in the weekend league you automatically qualify for the following weekend league. Saves you having to qualify in a daily competition

• Advertisement

What was the figure to qualify for elite two on squad battles last week anyone know?

Advertisement