Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I hate legends/icons being blue now, blue to me means toty/tots

With all the masses of packs that get opened during tots upgrading my 2 teams this afternoon seems a bad idea but fup it not much point going back now

I was tempted with some upgrades too but I invested my coins into 84s whilst they’re cheap. Picked up about 15 of them for 2.5k-2.9k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I was tempted with some upgrades too but I invested my coins into 84s whilst they’re cheap. Picked up about 15 of them for 2.5k-2.9k

Think I'll do similar

Did they do SBC's for guaranteed TOTY players last year? I know they did them for TOTS players but were they done for TOTY, be fairly expensive to do them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I've started investing in 84s aswell. Does it really matter what player as long as they're 84 or higher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Finally got a walkout..... only took about 300 packs into FIFA 18.... David Alaba.

He is easily the most valuable player I've packed ever packed in any FIFA (even as FUT founder) as he goes for 130K :eek:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I've started investing in 84s aswell. Does it really matter what player as long as they're 84 or higher ?

Some of the players with easier links like Mustafi or Aduriz would probably rise a bit more than a Dzeko or Glik, but usually any SBC with a high rating requirement has a low enough chem requirement so it wouldn't be anything significant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone try or thinking of trying IF Zaha? He's a striker and looks pretty class.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

With Halloween packs on the way is it wise to invest in players at all?

I was told a crash is on its way and I will probably sell my entire team midweek to buy it again cheaper after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought Van Basten 89 and he’s a beast. Had to change my formation to 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with POTM Mane up beside him and he’s 12 goals for 6 games. 9 Times out of ten he’ll score and one and one with the keeper he’s unreal. I could flog him now for 40k profit with the crash on the way but hmm.
    He’s different from what I normally play with. Fast pacey strikers so I’ve had to adapt but that’s good for my style of play which is very Keegan like :) need more Daglish style to win more.
    I’m happy with my team. I could do with a few icon defenses and gullit but otherwise I’m happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gyan84 wrote: »

I’ve got the popular nations - players like Mustafi, Fahrmann, Aduriz, Icardi etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've grabbed me a Falcao, Sturridge, Mustafi, Nani.

May as well grab a few more.

• Advertisement

Was getting down hearted doing the Marquee matchups.

Then in the Premium Gold players pack....Nainggolan!

Thats a beautiful 200k boost I wasn't expecting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was getting down hearted doing the Marquee matchups.

Then in the Premium Gold players pack....Nainggolan!

Thats a beautiful 200k boost I wasn't expecting :D

Nice one. Hes going for 270k on ps4 anyway. Going to pick him up myself before the Weekend league later.

Got 215k for him instantly.

One or two of the legends SBCs are round 400k, so that's tempting me in a way where I can say they actually cost me 200k and Nainggolan subsidised the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I invested in laporte so hopefully he rises.

Is it best to hold on to otw traore or sell now ? I thought there'd be a rise because he scored but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems a bit of an oversight for the Daily and Weekly Objectives to have progress bars showing how many you have completed, but then for there to be no prize for completing all of them.

Investing in a bunch of 84s too hoping the Halloween SBCs are something like they were last year.

Has anyone ever gotten anything good as a reward for the daily/weekly objectives?

I'm seeing people on youtube getting mad lucky getting 100k/125k packs just for the normal daily objectives, but seemingly you need to be doing them for all for a few days in a row too, I've never gone out of my way for them but I'll be getting them done if the reward could be that good

Has anyone ever gotten anything good as a reward for the daily/weekly objectives?

apparently if you do the daily 5-7 times in a row you receive a mega pack. I'm two days in now so will see how it goes.
    I normally wouldn't bother but people have reported they had gotten some great cards from packs which are the equivalent of 50-150K packs.

Ah bollox. Apparently the German FUT FB page confirmed TOTY release on the 27th and there’s a mini crash right now.

they've backpedalled on this and stated this was some guys personal opinion.
    It looks more than likely than EA won't release TOTY until Jan at least otherwise it would have significant impact on the market. With Halloween still to come EA will definitely hold out till Jan to stimulate more card sales after xmas.

Just after preparing 24 Gold Upgrade packs that I'll open at 6pm once the Scream cards come out, these packs have been good to me so far so fingers crossed.

Even getting some bad Scream cards could do well if they do SBCs that require them again.

Just after preparing 24 Gold Upgrade packs that I'll open at 6pm once the Scream cards come out, these packs have been good to me so far so fingers crossed.

Even getting some bad Scream cards could do well if they do SBCs that require them again.

knowing you you jammy git you'll get scream Lukaku or something like that :)

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    knowing you you jammy git you'll get scream Lukaku or something like that :)

Salah, Fahrmann, Falcao as my only decent players, not the usual luck for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

Got rid of my prem team and came up with this...
    Miles cheaper, just wish coutinho was a CAM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads do we think the scream cards price will rise when they increase stats next weekend? I packed cuadrado there out he walks doing a funny zombie walk haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Just spend 14k on 4 MLS bronze and silvers to finish Marquee Matchups.

Got Mbappe in the pack :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Any Weekend League players? Or ultimate defensive ping pong: Gabriel Jesus edition as I think it should be called.

Every weekend I play and say I won't let it get to me and every weekend I end up in tears laughing and crying simultaneously (not really, but someday)

The sweat is real. Lost opening 2 games today, but won last 4. Only 1 team wasn't ultra defensive from the beginning (you can tell from when they get a corner, only 3 in the box)

Sold up my Italian team and the scream player and few others I had with lukaku and bought myself a pogba and kluivart gonna use squad fitness cards because they sort chea0 so gonna hols onto a few 100 for my own use .

Screenshot_20171020-205016.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just spend 14k on 4 MLS bronze and silvers to finish Marquee Matchups.

Got Mbappe in the pack :O

I spent 20k doing all 4 matchups :pac:

Had a bit of free time on my laptop to do them, dya's reckon i should wait till I'm on console to open all the packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sold up my Italian team and the scream player and few others I had with lukaku and bought myself a pogba and kluivart gonna use squad fitness cards because they sort chea0 so gonna hols onto a few 100 for my own use .

Screenshot_20171020-205016.png

That Kluivert card looks amazing!

astradave wrote: »
    dya's reckon i should wait till I'm on console to open all the packs?

I always open on console, there's nothing like the excitement of getting the boards

Portuguese .......

LW !!!!!!!!!!

Lazio...........

Nani :(

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    That Kluivert card looks amazing!

I played against a guy using him and he got six goals so asked the guy about him he said stick a hunter card on him and he will destroy any defense was best striker he ever used.

Pogba is a beast at cam too I used him there last year and his loan card this year was excellent too.

Advertisement