Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus, the American lads are so slow and plodding.

Martinez is awesome though. Just gotta try and ahybrid him in somehow.

Maybe it's time I just invest in the French team I've been wanting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Any opinions on Morata?

Edit wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Any opinions on Morata?

Have seen people on reddit say he’s not great, if it’s a Spanish striker you need you could do a lot worse than Aspas, his IF is around 30k at the moment. If it’s for a PL team nearly everyone raves about Jesus.

• Advertisement

You know, I don't mind losing when the other guys are better.

But since I tried building some more expensive teams today, everyone just runs like a turtle, turns like an elephant....I'm not losing cause I'm a worse player, there's very visibly something happened to the gameplay since I got the better players :(

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know, I don't mind losing when the other guys are better.

But since I tried building some more expensive teams today, everyone just runs like a turtle, turns like an elephant....I'm not losing cause I'm a worse player, there's very visibly something happened to the gameplay since I got the better players :(

The scripting/momentum ****e is a lot worse this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Had an itching for packs so I put on €20. Got Coutinho and Morata! Put 300 into draft as well so going to play that later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Has anybody had a daily objective to score a chip shot before ? I've done it three or four times against the ai on beginner but it doesn't register. I know it doesn't need to be online because if I click on it it automatically takes me to single player seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got Modric from one of those Halloween SBCs. Spent 10k on a Wolves player to complete it thinking it was a waste lol. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have seen people on reddit say he’s not great, if it’s a Spanish striker you need you could do a lot worse than Aspas, his IF is around 30k at the moment. If it’s for a PL team nearly everyone raves about Jesus.

I just came up against Jesus and he ripped me apart. The other guy was good though. For a moment I had thoughts of selling Van Basten for 800k and buying IF Jesus for around 330K and spending the rest on icon midfielder..hjmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Made it to my 3rd game of draft, came up against Petr Cech. He literally saved every shot that came at him...from close range too. Meanwhile at the other end, my Schmeichel couldn’t save a thing. Everything that came towards him went in...was so frustrating. At least I got to use 85 Crespo for 3 games. He’s very good this year, might save for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    I just came up against Jesus and he ripped me apart. The other guy was good though. For a moment I had thoughts of selling Van Basten for 800k and buying IF Jesus for around 330K and spending the rest on icon midfielder..hjmmmmm:rolleyes:

Doesn't even comprehend thinking about to me........ If it was a choice of in form Jesus for half the price or legend van bastin I know who I'd be picking..............

. Jesus no kidding me is unreal.

Now if you have the coins to have Jesus and an icon as your front two even better but if your building your way up well Jesus will keep you smiling until you get there.

By the way did I ever say how much I love Jesus?????? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Prefer Rashford tbh, though I have the 2 of them paired up front, Rashford has 11 goals in 6 games.. NIF Jesus is a goal a game easily.. Rashford at 79 plays like an 85 rank player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

jayo26 wrote: »

Your like them lads that come knocking on me door every now and then.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Your like them lads that come knocking on me door every now and then.

Haha I know but seriously he is fairly awesome.
    astradave wrote: »
    Prefer Rashford tbh, though I have the 2 of them paired up front, Rashford has 11 goals in 6 games.. NIF Jesus is a goal a game easily.. Rashford at 79 plays like an 85 rank player

Shush now Dave he has something like 149 goals in 130 games for me and playing in a front two that's phenominal his inform card has to be jiztastic...

Love Radford too but I play him mostly in second half of games when my cam tires out but now if purchased pogba followed by Dr Bruyne I don't think I'll need him so much :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rashford is always a donkey when he plays against me. Everything is there pace, dribbling, touch, passing seems decent but he's just awful in front of goal.

Jesus is mighty annoying to play against, unstoppable at times, very hard to even get off the ball, his IF stats are sick.

Doesn't even comprehend thinking about to me........ If it was a choice of in form Jesus for half the price or legend van bastin I know who I'd be picking..............

. Jesus no kidding me is unreal.

Now if you have the coins to have Jesus and an icon as your front two even better but if your building your way up well Jesus will keep you smiling until you get there.

well I have the coins to have both :) but I'm playing with one striker up front and Van Basten is absolutely unreal in front of goals. I've never played with a striker like him in FUT..91 finishing with 95 shot power I think. Every goal is just blasted into the net.
    His 93 card looks even better with the pace increase over the 89 and 91 rated.

I also have POTM Mane who's been fantastic up front for me so its not as if I need Jesus. I could do with a better midfielder alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rashford is always a donkey when he plays against me. Everything is there pace, dribbling, touch, passing seems decent but he's just awful in front of goal.

Jesus is mighty annoying to play against, unstoppable at times, very hard to even get off the ball, his IF stats are sick.

I find Rashford will score more often than not when using finesse shot, and Jesus won’t score when Using it :pac:

• Advertisement

few new SBCs up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Kylian Mbappé is the best value forward in the game. Look up his goalscoring stats on FUTbin, they're comparable to pretty much any striker in the 200-500k price range.

He has 91 goals in 40 games for me.

He seems expensive for an 83 rated player but he's an absolute monster. He's actually a bargain at 160k.

Mbappe wrote: »
    Kylian Mbapps the best value forward in the game. Look up his goalscoring stats on FUTbin, they're comparable to pretty much any striker in the 200-500k price range.

He seems expensive for an 83 rated player but he's an absolute monster. He's actually a bargain at 160k.

fúck off Mbappe...you're ****e and Falcao's miles better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mbappe wrote: »
    Kylian Mbappé is the best value forward in the game. Look up his goalscoring stats on FUTbin, they're comparable to pretty much any striker in the 200-500k price range.

You need to stop playing against the computer on easy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Liamalone wrote: »
    You need to stop playing against the computer on easy :D

All weekend league games.

Decided to sell Van Basten even though he's banging in the goals for me. Jesus just gives me that bit more flexibility when playing. Plus the extra 400K will do me for a better RF when one comes along. For the moment I have Willian up front.

Tried to use Mbappe yesterday cause I enjoy him on normal seasons, but he scored 1 in 8 for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Started off 5-5 in the weekend league. Then went on a massive win streak to take it to 15-6. Hopped on this morning and lost 5 games in a row :( this game is infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Started off 5-5 in the weekend league. Then went on a massive win streak to take it to 15-6. Hopped on this morning and lost 5 games in a row :( this game is infuriating

It really really is... I’m constantly going on winning/losing streaks..
    I’d win 4 on the bounce and think I’ve the game sussed and then don’t win for 6or7 games and convince myself I need a new formation/team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Finished up 54k on squad points won't get the do the last 4 later. Think this the week I'll do it. Getting fairly tired off playing the computer.

I bought 2 if aspas for 30k hopefully can make a profit on them. Also bought 4 or 5 licthsteiner inform cards aswell bought for 28k trying to shift for 35k and then in a moment of madness I bought otw mo salah for 340k he's now down to 300k hope he does something today. I will say this for em tho. He's very quick

Advertisement