Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Finished up 54k on squad points won't get the do the last 4 later. Think this the week I'll do it. Getting fairly tired off playing the computer.

I bought 2 if aspas for 30k hopefully can make a profit on them. Also bought 4 or 5 licthsteiner inform cards aswell bought for 28k trying to shift for 35k and then in a moment of madness I bought otw mo salah for 340k he's now down to 300k hope he does something today. I will say this for em tho. He's very quick

Yeah it's my first week doing SB and I'm on course to finish Elite 3. Unless I get sick pack luck I won't be doing it again. Like having a second job.

I found it fun at first, something different, but it slowly tears away at ya. Like everything good EA do they have to ruin it somehow by turning it into a grindfest.

It also gives you bad habbits, if I play a WL game after playing legendary AI it takes me a good while to adjust to how the different the game plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ultimate difficulty in Squad Battles is actually just cheating. One of the teams I was given consisted of 9 goalkeepers with Fellaini and Ferdinand up top so I figured I'd try out Ultimate. Lost 5-2 with Timo Horn and Jack Butland somehow outpacing and tackling Mane and Aubameyang every attack. Your players do this thing where a ball is played through that's clearly closer to them than the opposition but then they run on the spot without moving for a bit so the opposition player can get there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Got IF aspas earlier for 30000 and I must say he is super value,I'd deffo recommend if building a handy la Liga team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ultimate difficulty in Squad Battles is actually just cheating. One of the teams I was given consisted of 9 goalkeepers with Fellaini and Ferdinand up top so I figured I'd try out Ultimate. Lost 5-2 with Timo Horn and Jack Butland somehow outpacing and tackling Mane and Aubameyang every attack. Your players do this thing where a ball is played through that's clearly closer to them than the opposition but then they run on the spot without moving for a bit so the opposition player can get there first.

One of the many things that turns me off it. It seems like legendary just gives them full chem on every attribute. Had cases where players like Insigne with hunter (99 pace) gets beaten to the ball after having a headstart by much slower players like John Terry :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I bought 2 if aspas for 30k hopefully can make a profit on them. Also bought 4 or 5 licthsteiner inform cards aswell bought for 28k trying to shift for 35k and then in a moment of madness I bought otw mo salah for 340k he's now down to 300k hope he does something today. I will say this for em tho. He's very quick

I shifted a Lich on Friday night for 46k. I've sold off most of my discard IFs now, but I've held onto a few of him and keeping his price a bit higher for now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Going to wait for Deco’s price to go up a bit and sell him on. Might then invest in IF Aspas as well. Also packed a Spanish IF today...could’ve been DDG or Thiago. It was Elustuondo, 82 rated CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got scream Sakho..think I'll hold onto him for SBCs etc.

Memphis In form coming!!! Yeeees.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought IF Alessandrini.

Gonna save up for Lacazette to hybrid him into my PL team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Memphis In form coming!!! Yeeees.

Hate to burst your bubble but he is one of the scream cards

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

damn I loved otw Depay last year.

Christ IF Sterling took some drop..I sold him for around 290K when I picked him Wednesday evening and he's under 100k now and still not selling.
    Will definitely pick him up when he drops further this week to link up with Jesus and Gudongan

Blazer wrote: »
    damn I loved otw Depay last year.

The same here he was unreal.

jayo26 wrote: »

God damn it, you think that stops the IF? Bugger, he was easily my favorite card last year :(

God damn it, you think that stops the IF? Bugger, he was easily my favorite card last year :(

Yeh it will sure his stats and all will be boosted next weekend as the scream think and they won't have two different cards on packs for a regular player.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Auto-lunging bullshít. I'm deliberately staying on my feet and the game takes over control of players to make them stretch for balls they're never going to reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after packing my third Scream card, Sturridge this time, thought he'd go for a lot more tbh. At least I can have fun with him and Scream Crouch next weekend though, perfect green link. :)

Bought OTW Salah as wasn’t happy with Willian at RF. With POTM Mane, IF Jesus and Salah my frontline are absolutely lethal and a lot more fluid going forward than with Van Basten.
    Jesus is brilliant but Van Basten is by far a way better finisher but he does give me more pace, dribbling and curve.

Holy crap,I just sold a bronze RB for 2300

Just missed out on gold1 in SB by 300 pts,must try play more this week

79k and Elite 1 with a few games to spare, can't wait to be underwhelmed by my reward packs. :pac:

• Advertisement

2 Mega Packs, Rulli and Gueye. Yeah I'm beginning to think over 50 games a week for that sort of reward isn't quite worth my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

2 mega packs, got Dost.

Just got firmino in some reward pack

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Rashford upfront with a hunter card on him is pure devastation. Played 5 games last night and he pulled a hat trick in each.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Holy crap,I just sold a bronze RB for 2300

Hehe, was he one of the League SBC ones? Portuguese, Russian, Mexican or Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Trying to do all the daily objectives, dunno if its the same for everyone but one of mine is score a penalty with a defender so hopefully someone in online season is a tit against me

Hehe, was he one of the League SBC ones? Portuguese, Russian, Mexican or Mexico?

Actually he was russian,I don't bother with SBC,takes too much effort,maybe I should start

Trying to do all the daily objectives, dunno if its the same for everyone but one of mine is score a penalty with a defender so hopefully someone in online season is a tit against me

Pens are like hens teeth,for me anyway,although I did have one last night

It can be an online friendly game within fut. ping me (airblazer) if you’re stuck and i’ll Chop down a few of your players so you can get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Blazer wrote: »
    It can be an online friendly game within fut. ping me (airblazer) if you’re stuck and i’ll Chop down a few of your players so you can get one.

Managed to get two in a game online, missed the first one of course but got the second one

I can do it for you if ya need since I'm on a "study" day :pac: Just drop us a pm

Advertisement