Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    yep...I think it came close to around 550k or so..but he's unbelievable.
    He makes Eriksen look crap and Eriksen is my top scorer.
    I din't realise he was so physical..he's something like 84 strength or something like that.

Only thing that put me off is untradeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Only thing that put me off is untradeable.

I don’t think you’d ever get rid of him. His passing and vision is phenomenal. With something like Gullit or Matheus beside him you’d dominate midfield, even better Matheus//Gullit and Costa as Cam.
    I was iffy , read a few reviews and pulled the trigger.
    Besides, dont you have a bucketload of cash? It’s ok to spend it :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Speaking of cheap players who are good I think delafeau is unreal,scores bucket loads for me

Yeah. He's been immense for me as a winger up front with Bale and Dembele. Easily holds his own despite the price differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What packs give you the best chance of getting decent players?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

if jesus price is coming down nicely. i may buy it as i haven't used his normal card yet as im content with costa upfront. but i really want a jesus card. absolutely loved him last year

• Advertisement

I don’t think you’d ever get rid of him. His passing and vision is phenomenal. With something like Gullit or Matheus beside him you’d dominate midfield, even better Matheus//Gullit and Costa as Cam.
    I was iffy , read a few reviews and pulled the trigger.
    Besides, dont you have a bucketload of cash? It’s ok to spend it :)

I do spend it that's my problem but I like trying different players too.

Comparing the 90 costa versus the 88 costa there is only 30 in-game points difference I would just prefer to but his 88 card which I think I will when I get one or two more players I want first.

What packs give you the best chance of getting decent players?

In theory's, whatever one gives he most rare players.

Personally though, I'd never spend coins on packs. Whatever bout real money, coins on packs is just a sink.

SBC packs, though, tend to have better results for some reason. I think everyone always feels SBC rewards have better weights for the better cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In theory's, whatever one gives he most rare players.

Personally though, I'd never spend coins on packs. Whatever bout real money, coins on packs is just a sink.

SBC packs, though, tend to have better results for some reason. I think everyone always feels SBC rewards have better weights for the better cards.

packed nothing so far this year of any worth until I spent 35k on one of the mega packs and got Jerome boateng...tbh they're all ****e!

I really can't be arsed with the SBC though too much like hard work

I played a bit of the hunter game thingy last night for the first time but the gameplay in it is so different it's way faster is that normal I just found it very odd

• Advertisement

I played a bit of the hunter game thingy last night for the first time but the gameplay in it is so different it's way faster is that normal I just found it very odd

Ah it’s a chore alright. I only do it for next years card where he’ll probably be an 85-86 striker etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Is there a quick way of doing sbc ?

Hey FIFA Fans,

The latest title update for FIFA 18 is now available for PC. This update will be available on XB1 and PS4 in the coming weeks.

This update includes the following changes:

Made the following changes in Gameplay:
    Made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
    The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
    The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
    The passes impacted by this change will see:
    Reduced ball speed.
    Reduced accuracy.
    Disabled user controlled reactions, when locked to a player, when the goalkeeper is holding the ball.

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
    The goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
    The goalkeeper diving too early on downward header and volley shots.
    Players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
    Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
    Players being unable to string together multiple stepovers.
    The goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
    The player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an Online match.
    An issue with Custom controls where movement with the directional buttons was not working when locked to a player.

Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
    Added the Objectives tile to the Pause Menu in all FUT Online modes.
    Added Guest Mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
    Disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
    An issue in Squad Building Challenges where tagging a group of challenges would make it unselectable.
    ICONs displaying their current age on in-game overlays.
    Wrong badge showing for your opponent on the Online Season's Match Preview screens.
    Objective Completed visual notification not displaying correctly for some Daily/Weekly Objectives.
    Alignment of the text on Manager League items.
    An issue with the effects shown during the pack opening animation.
    The icon of your rank in Squad Battles displaying incorrectly when claiming rewards.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
    Players crashing when matching up in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.
    Players would not receive invites in Pro Clubs Friendly Matches in certain situations.

Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
    Players crashing during the first game of the season in certain situations.

Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
    Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.

Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
    The volume of the audio in the Cristiano Ronaldo celebration.
    Some issues with crowd flags displaying the wrong images.
    Some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
    Situations where the ball would appear to go through the goal netting.
    An issue where a player on the ground would incorrectly animate as flipping or spinning.
    Celebrations clipping through ad boards.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 18 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

Is there a quick way of doing sbc ?

In what way?

I do them on my computer with Futbin open. They have an SBC section that estimates the costs of them though it really is just an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In what way?

I do them on my computer with Futbin open. They have an SBC section that estimates the costs of them though it really is just an estimate.

Tbh when I did the marquee matchups, I got them for a portion of the prices onthe sbc on futbin.. it’s great for getting cheap and easy SBC squads

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

astradave wrote: »
    Tbh when I did the marquee matchups, I got them for a portion of the prices onthe sbc on futbin.. it’s great for getting cheap and easy SBC squads

i thought the marquee match ups this week were very easy

astradave wrote: »

I tend to use the Futbin prices as a rough guide.

A lot of the time, you can do the SBCs by subbing in players; if they say "Use Mr X, a Spanish League Spanish CM", then I check to see if Mr Y, who is also a Spanish League Spanish CM works and is cheaper.

The League SBCs and the Icon SBCs, its good to give you an idea of how much they'd cost though.

But yeah, use it as a roadmap, but not as a bible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Currently going with the following BPL team:
    Cech
    Valencia Bailly Smalling Rose
    Bakayoko Gueye
    Willian Ozil Martial
    Jesus

In general I am very happy with the team and it plays very well to suit my style, getting ball to Ozil and laying off to the wingers.
    Have about 715k in the bank and have packed Scream card Carrasco which I can sell to raise another 105k or so. The two main upgrades I was looking at were Pogba for Gueye and buying Hazard to play on the right ahead of Willian. Anyone use them and would they recommend them? Any other alternatives? Buying them would pretty much bankrupt me coins wise so it would be the team i would be going with for the foreseeable. Any feedback appreciated.

Currently going with the following BPL team:
    Cech
    Valencia Bailly Smalling Rose
    Bakayoko Gueye
    Willian Ozil Martial
    Jesus

In general I am very happy with the team and it plays very well to suit my style, getting ball to Ozil and laying off to the wingers.
    Have about 715k in the bank and have packed Scream card Carrasco which I can sell to raise another 105k or so. The two main upgrades I was looking at were Pogba for Gueye and buying Hazard to play on the right ahead of Willian. Anyone use them and would they recommend them? Any other alternatives? Buying them would pretty much bankrupt me coins wise so it would be the team i would be going with for the foreseeable. Any feedback appreciated.

Pogda would be a big upgrade over Gueye. You could also go for one of the SBC icons? Costa is unreal and in over 9 years of FUT one of the best midfielders I’ve played with in regards to fun/skills and passing etc.
    Hazard is supposed to be unreal also with the ball just stuck to his foot.

Hopefully that patch will kill the tika taka gamers. So boring playing against them as it requires zero level of skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone get an email from Playstation offering 1600 Fifa points if you sign up to PS+ for 12 months? Was actually going to buy the year renewal soon since month to month is slightly annoying so this is a bonus..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone get an email from Playstation offering 1600 Fifa points if you sign up to PS+ for 12 months? Was actually going to buy the year renewal soon since month to month is slightly annoying so this is a bonus..

Ya it’s on the PlayStation store, the offer.

I take this as sales in FIFA Points must be well down this year. Interesting and would like to see figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

callaway92 wrote: »

I take this as sales in FIFA Points must be well down this year. Interesting and would like to see figures.

Wonder if Xbox will do the same

Played about 6 or 7 games this evening between SB and seasons and lost them all, don't know wtf is going on its like my team has just gone to pot,suddenly can't do anything right,I've had enough for tonight anyway

Played about 6 or 7 games this evening between SB and seasons and lost them all, don't know wtf is going on its like my team has just gone to pot,suddenly can't do anything right,I've had enough for tonight anyway

same here..I was getting killed by wide formations tonight like 4-3-3 etc. I eventually switched over to 4-3-3 (4) and won a few games then. The tika taka passing is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly boring to play against.

same here..I was getting killed by wide formations tonight like 4-3-3 etc. I eventually switched over to 4-3-3 (4) and won a few games then. The tika taka passing is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly boring to play against.

Yea I hate that tika taka crap it's just like pinball,I play 433 too but just couldn't get anything going tried other formations but still no good ,I won 90% of games yesterday and none at all today,something not right there??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

callaway92 wrote: »

Cant see the offer on it can you point it out for me

What that **** starts, I just quit out.

If my opponent wants to play solitaire while I watch, I cannot be bothered wasting my time at that point...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

The passing is too easy to be honest, absolute ****e, way too easy to just play possession football! I'm enjoying the game mainly because I'm not taking it too serious and I've managed to trade well and a fun team to play with but still some gob****es online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Guffy

The level of hatred to possession football is mad. Id often use possession football for 2 reasons.

1. Counter the high pressusre high line defence where the other player chases you down with 2 players every time. Have everyone out of position and counter attack.

2. To move defenders around for the many people who play ultra defensive. Running down the wing and croosing to one or two forwards in a box of 10 defenders is pointless, as is trying to thread a ball through 2 banks of 4 to an attacker.

If everyone played a balanced/attacking game great but there are times when keeping the ball and moving it about is necessary.

Advertisement