Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    As you were saying it probably won't be worth opening packs until the otw cards are in I think that was October last year was it?

Yeaaaah.

Basically, its weighing up if I think I'll actually get an OTW card and get that luck. I'm still not sure between waiting for the OTW cards, and just going during early access and benefiting from inflated week one sale prices once the game launches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeaaaah.

Basically, its weighing up if I think I'll actually get an OTW card and get that luck. I'm still not sure between waiting for the OTW cards, and just going during early access and benefiting from inflated week one sale prices once the game launches.

Yep thats also worth factoring in is crazy player prices in the opening week. Ohh can't wait haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I pack pulled Hummels on release day last year and his price went up by 140% 6 days later. Glad I didn't sell him on day one. All player prices are inflated at the start, but then they massively inflate when people begin to get coins.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I pack pulled Hummels on release day last year and his price went up by 140% 6 days later. Glad I didn't sell him on day one. All player prices are inflated at the start, but then they massively inflate when people begin to get coins.

Yeap, made the opposite mistake myself. Packed Kante during early access, sold him for 8000 coins. When the game launched, he was going for 20k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Ordered the icon edition today! Looking forward to another year of fut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've skipped FIFA the last few seasons but would like to get back into it this year.

I've never really bothered that much with Ultimate Team, but it sounds fun.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of the best way to earn coins, best ways to wheel and deal, tournaments to play, general hints and tips for a FUT newbie etc?

Cheers. :)

Paully D wrote: »
    I've skipped FIFA the last few seasons but would like to get back into it this year.

I've never really bothered that much with Ultimate Team, but it sounds fun.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of the best way to earn coins, best ways to wheel and deal, tournaments to play, general hints and tips for a FUT newbie etc?

In short no there is no easy way to earn coins apart from playing games which is really really crap return for time put in.

One thing I'd suggest is look at trading tips on YouTube get an understanding of the different things you can trade and different methods you can use.

Follow the thread on here for few tips but for actually ways to make money it's hard to advise because everyone is different they have different levels of time to put in.

One thing I'd advise starting off is do not take it too serious and do not ever think by blowing money on packs you will ever get a good return because you actually have better chance of winning decent money on lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Paully D wrote: »

Don't pick Sunderland players :pac:

Blazer wrote: »
    Don't pick Sunderland players :pac:

Stay away from players that are over 90 pace you will get abuse.

Just looking at the in game stats there lukaku is a 86 rated forward and total in game stats are 1943 where as rashford is 79 rated and his stats are 1938 due to his pace and dribbling been so good I think he will be this year's musa he also has 4* skill moves.

• Advertisement

20170919_130324.png

Wouldn't be a bad squad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

20170919_130324.png

Wouldn't be a bad squad :)

I imagine it won't be cheap

I imagine it won't be cheap

Not at start but Italy is usually undervalued anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna see so much of Costa and Cuadrado, two 90+ pace 5 star skillers. Gonna run it myself when I get the coins.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gonna see so much of Costa and Cuadrado, two 90+ pace 5 star skillers. Gonna run it myself when I get the coins.

Gomes and mertens not bad up front either with 4 stars each for weak foot and skills.

Hadn't really read much about squad battles but really liking what I've read today. Seems to be an offline FutChamps competition where you get points for beating various teams offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Was hoping the companion app would be available today.

I thought today was the 20th :(

Are we getting the app or just the online web page tomorrow ?

14murphy wrote: »

Web apl tomorrow and companion app Thursday with early access for Xbox and pc players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I'm a FUT noob. I dabbled with it in FIFA 16 and I didn't get FIFA 17.

Can I play FUT without buying the cards? Is it worth playing and not dishing out real cash on it? I spend a lot of money on video games but not a fan of micro-transactions and I just don't support them. Would I have a chance of being somewhat successful not buying the player cards?

Cheers

I'm a FUT noob. I dabbled with it in FIFA 16 and I didn't get FIFA 17.

Can I play FUT without buying the cards? Is it worth playing and not dishing out real cash on it? I spend a lot of money on video games but not a fan of micro-transactions and I just don't support them. Would I have a chance of being somewhat successful not buying the player cards?

Cheers

Yes but only if u have no job and no family haha.

Haha, all right. Well, (un)fortunately, I've neither right now :P I've taken time off working to study but will go back to work in the new year.

Haha, all right. Well, (un)fortunately, I've neither right now :P I've taken time off working to study but will go back to work in the new year.

You will thrive so haha.

It's hard to start off it really is I could only advise you same as I did further up page to last guy they learn as much as u can before I buy or sell anything.

You will thrive so haha.

It's hard to start off it really is I could only advise you same as I did further up page to last guy they learn as much as u can before I buy or sell anything.

Cheers bud. I'll read that post and I'll look up a few tutorials on YouTube. I don't want to rush in to it.

Do you play the single player campaign with Hunter before you play FUT or do you jump right in to FUT?

I was thinking of playing singleplayer until I get used to the new physics/gameplay then trying out FUT or just play seasons like I've been doing.

Cheers bud. I'll read that post and I'll look up a few tutorials on YouTube. I don't want to rush in to it.

Do you play the single player campaign with Hunter before you play FUT or do you jump right in to FUT?

I was thinking of playing singleplayer until I get used to the new physics/gameplay then trying out FUT or just play seasons like I've been doing.

I never play anything other then ultimate team but it's no harm to play it to get used to the game as you said.

Web apl tomorrow and companion app Thursday with early access for Xbox and pc players.
    Laptop being brought to work tomorrow so.

Laptop being brought to work tomorrow so.

Work been brought home tomorrow for me haha

There seems to be some conflicting info on the web app, annoyingly, cause although it said today originally, I've also seen some say it's the 22nd. Seems a bit all over the place.

Meanwhile, the first two league SBCs seem to be Turkey and Mexico, and more interestingly, they seem to have gone for Top Assists rather than Top Goal Scorer as e prizes this year. So it's...

Super Lig - Quaresma.
    Liga MX - Jonathan Urretaviscaya.

For those curious, if they retain that in other leagues, the League SBC prizes this year will be...

La Liga - Suarez.
    Ligue 1 - Sanson.
    Serie A - Callejon.
    Bundesliga - Forsberg.
    Premier League - De Bruyne.
    Liga NOS - Wilson Eduardo/Pizzi/Alex Telles/Gelson Martins (they're all tied with 8, Pizzi has more goals so maybe it will be him).
    Pro League - Pozuelo/Schrijvers.
    MLS - Kljestan.
    Scottish Premier League - Hayes.
    Eredivisie - Ziyech.
    Russian League - Promes.
    Saudi League - Carlos Villanueva.
    Championship - Conor Hourihane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

On Ea website FUT Web App launch date is 21st (checked yesterday).

Advertisement