Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Currently going with this. Had Alexis also but sold him again as no upgrade on Martial. Have William Sterling Sane Rooney Sanchez Insigne on bench with OTW Bruma and IF El Sharaway in reserve. Currently selling Scream Carrasco to raise coins. Any recommendations on potential upgrades??

https://postimg.org/image/3gim5g94ej/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Has anybody used 86 giroud ? His 82 is my main striker so he looks good for 50k.

I'm planning on grabbing him soon and building round him. He looks slow but all his other stats just look incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

astradave wrote: »
    I notice i seem to lose a lot of goals straight from top off after I score, I dunno if it’s my players daydreaming or me :D

Not you, it is the player positioning after a tip off that is completely broken. They actually broke it last year but because defending is more difficult this year it is even more obvious.

I score and conceded from a stupid number of tip offs. At a minimum you get a good chance or a corner.

I have had games where it is a tight 0-0 until the 75 min and then i finally get the break through.

I score 1-0
    Tip off 1-1
    Tip off 2-1
    Tip off 2-2
    Tip off 3-2
    Tip off 3-3
    Tip off I miss my shot and positioning resets to normal, game finishes 3-3.

It is also extremely difficult to even foul from the tip without risking a red card type challenge, so unless the player is really bad they will get a chance to equalise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mbappe wrote: »
    The Batman card is amazing value at the moment @ ~40k. In form PL Belgian that plays for one of De Bruyne’s former clubs.

A very good in game card as well. His price will hit 60k easy in a couple of weeks.

Hehehe, replying to your post again cause you encouraged me and I genuinely wasn't even looking at him as an investment until your post.

qjBHsKS.jpg

Bought for 45k this morning. Have grabbed a few of him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just used the weekend league access thing through EA help that one of you provided...free access to next weekend league and I didn't even d/c or anything :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Sold a lot of players this morning, not the best time i know but was bored. Bought Mertens, Higuain, IF Ghoulam and Cuadrado to try them out. Wasn't at all impressed with Mertens but think he doesn't suit the lone striker role I use him in. Giving Higuain a few games there now. Cuadrado is great for the price, really fun player to use.

Heres my squad at the moment; looking to strengthen the midfield so would love some suggestions there.

hlWmod3l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hehehe, replying to your post again cause you encouraged me and I genuinely wasn't even looking at him as an investment until your post.

qjBHsKS.jpg

Bought for 45k this morning. Have grabbed a few of him now.

This is exactly what you have to do with trading... people keep asking over and over again but at the end of the day trading is about taking a chance on a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just used the weekend league access thing through EA help that one of you provided...free access to next weekend league and I didn't even d/c or anything :pac:

Hopefully it's the sort of thing EA don't frown upon too much and I can actually claim my rewards Thursday :pac:

I wouldn't do it too often because doing it even once probably raises some flags on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you cant qualify for weekend league you havent got a hope of winning any amount of games in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

RossieMan wrote: »
    if you cant qualify for weekend league you havent got a hope of winning any amount of games in it.

You never know.

I struggled to qualify for ages but as soon as I did I don't think I finished below Gold 2

• Advertisement

I did absolutely crap in the daily knockouts, always have used the disconnect thing and managed to get 21 wins in the weekend league so it's not impossible

With the daily knockout you could be playing against unreal players who just don't play every weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've probably tried to qualify a dozen times last year, only qualified twice, won 23/40 the first time and 7/11 the second time. It's pot luck in both aspects as to who you face and how good they are.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I've probably tried to qualify a dozen times last year, only qualified twice, won 23/40 the first time and 7/11 the second time. It's pot luck in both aspects as to who you face and how good they are.

It's luck to an extent, but the more games you win, the tougher matches you get, it tries to match you with a player who has a similar records

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You lot weren't wrong about Jesus.

14 goals and 7 assists in 12 games for me so far.

Paully D wrote: »
    You lot weren't wrong about Jesus.

14 goals and 7 assists in 12 games for me so far.

He's prob the best striker in the game :( The PL anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's prob the best striker in the game :( The PL anyways

I can't get him to fire for me at all!!

Do ya tend to prefer big strong type strikers? I think for the little fellas like himself need to be paired with someone because they get too isolated if you are playing a lone striker system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If you try alot of finesse shots he aint the best for the job just shoot or tapins in the box he is lethal.

Anyone done the Rui Costa SBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hopefully it's the sort of thing EA don't frown upon too much and I can actually claim my rewards Thursday :pac:

I wouldn't do it too often because doing it even once probably raises some flags on your account

100%. This is the first time I’ve used it...didn’t even know it existed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Can't buy a win in division 7 at the moment. :(

Does anyone have any tips for playing against 4-2-2-2 ? People just seem to pack the midfield, wait for a lucky goal and then park the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone done the Rui Costa SBC?

yep...love him..costs around the 550k or so..

that weekend access tool? do that only work if you got disconnected in the daily final or at any stage?

Blazer wrote: »
    yep...love him..costs around the 550k or so..

Friend did it for 300k using the scream players today. The boosted rating counts towards the SBC

Very tempted

Blazer wrote: »
    that weekend access tool? do that only work if you got disconnected in the daily final or at any stage?

As far as I know you just lie and say you were winning in the final and got disconnected.

They don't look into it, did it one week when I hadn't played the WL the week before and forgot to play the daily knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rui Costa destroyed me in a game earlier, the oppositions tactic was just get the ball to Costa and either shoot or play a thru ball to Rashford for a goal

Invested in a few 83s for these halloween sbcs, can get double my money for them now but it's only an untradeable screamer

Surely a tradeable one or new prime icon would put them more in demand, its a nice dilemma to have but im torn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Packed nothing in my reward packs. Went to the new squad battles competition, 3 teams full of 85+ rated players, 1 team of bronzes/silvers. I start the first game against the easy team and get disconnected from the EA servers and get zero points for that game. When EA shaft you, they do it properly.

Invested in a few 83s for these halloween sbcs, can get double my money for them now but it's only an untradeable screamer

Surely a tradeable one or new prime icon would put them more in demand, its a nice dilemma to have but im torn

I got Perisic..pretty nice stats.Supersub for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Gutted got Sakho in that SBC

Advertisement