Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Start a totw game,as soon as it starts pause it,go to main playstation menu and click,setting,then network,then get rid of tick in connect to internet to sign out,click again to sign in,go back to ut and it's done

ah right...on xbox that's way too much hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ok guys, to date I have been using 4-1-2-1-2 wide formation. I find this year it really allows much more contribution from the wide players than previous years both in terms of assists and goals. with the game out over a month now what formations are others using and what pros and cons are ye finding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

seamie78 wrote: »
    ok guys, to date I have been using 4-1-2-1-2 wide formation. I find this year it really allows much more contribution from the wide players than previous years both in terms of assists and goals. with the game out over a month now what formations are others using and what pros and cons are ye finding

I would usually try to use 4-3-3 with two holding mids and let my front four try do the damage, but this year from the players I got through packs I was forced to use 4-3-1-2 and I've found this formation brilliant so I've stuck with it and invested into it. I don't play that much though so my team is still pretty crap but I'm scoring so many goals so happy days.

I currently have

Heaton
    Zappacosta - Ake - sakho - Robertson
    Fellani - Krychowiak - drinkwater
    saviet
    ihenacho - diouf

anyone have any ideas what would be the best players to replace first with a cheap option? think I only have about 10k in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

seamie78 wrote: »

I've changed to 4-3-1-2 and it's working unbelievably well in squad battles. The full back's are really important.

4-2-3-1 (the wide one) was my go-to online. It's solid with 2 CDMs. LM/RM set to stay forward and get in behind. Both CDMs set to stay back while attacking, as well as the full backs.

4-3-3(4) is my go to if all else fails.

If I have one of those games where I feel like nothing is working and I know I'm not going to score, I'll change formation multiple times and then you can build up a picture of what formations work/don't work against certain opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I would usually try to use 4-3-3 with two holding mids and let my front four try do the damage, but this year from the players I got through packs I was forced to use 4-3-1-2 and I've found this formation brilliant so I've stuck with it and invested into it. I don't play that much though so my team is still pretty crap but I'm scoring so many goals so happy days.

I currently have

Heaton
    Zappacosta - Ake - sakho - Robertson
    Fellani - Krychowiak - drinkwater
    saviet
    ihenacho - diouf

anyone have any ideas what would be the best players to replace first with a cheap option? think I only have about 10k in the bank

Haven't used drinkwater but victor wanya is a beast for 700 - 850 coins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Eoghan. wrote: »
    Haven't used drinkwater but victor wanya is a beast for 700 - 850 coins

I had heard that alright, haven't bought him yet because I had drinkwater but I may as well give him a shot for that kind of coinage!

Going to pull the trigger on 86 Larson to give him a shot in my team. I was gonnna get 86 Carlos as he looks a hoot but I need a striker first.
    Unless I go Ibra and Rashford???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just packed Neymar in a gold upgrade, delighted but would have made a world of difference if he was tradeable. Can shoehorn him into my Serie A team but would rather have the coins, not a fan of Neymar IRL so not mad to have him in my team. Would much rather a few IFs from Serie A than him. I won't give out too much though haha.

Just packed Neymar in a gold upgrade, delighted but would have made a world of difference if he was tradeable. Can shoehorn him into my Serie A team but would rather have the coins, not a fan of Neymar IRL so not mad to have him in my team. Would much rather a few IFs from Serie A than him. I won't give out too much though haha.

Be a nice sub to have. Maybe for a icon sbc he could save you a few hundred grand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

You have my sympathies! :) would love to be that unfortunate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Play him as striker with costa and Anderson out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Blazer wrote: »
    ah right...on xbox that's way too much hassle :)

On Xbox it’s easier :D tip off press the guide button on controller and then sign out it will stop the game and you will be back to the FUT menu, then just sign back in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gonna play a few games, but not investing in a team heavily for one or two games a day. Wanna try something a bit different so looking at this...

e7e58e2a-2642-4f7a-91fd-6a80714d0884.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gonna play a few games, but not investing in a team heavily for one or two games a day. Wanna try something a bit different so looking at this...

I have Locadia and Pereira in a team with the purple Promes. I'm playing Pereira in CF in a 4411 and he's great there, not sure if he'd be much use iin the middle of a 3, maybe move Fabinho into the middle in-game?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

48 pace CB beside Alves and his workrates? Brave!

My team now. Swapped budget Morata and Asensio for expensive Lacazette and Ibrahimovic.

DNoilmdXcAA2nxw.jpg

hots wrote: »
    I have Locadia and Pereira in a team with the purple Promes. I'm playing Pereira in CF in a 4411 and he's great there, not sure if he'd be much use iin the middle of a 3, maybe move Fabinho into the middle in-game?

That ends up lowering Fabinho's chem to 6 as well, without boosing Pereira :/
    J. Marston wrote: »
    48 pace CB beside Alves and his workrates? Brave!

I really should learn about work rates and stuff :pac:

Honestly, it's just trying out some new and different players. I really hate playing the same teams over and over, and have a habit of sticking random players in to test them out.

That ends up lowering Fabinho's chem to 6 as well, without boosing Pereira :/

I meant after kickoff actually, they'll keep their original chem. There's an eridvisie LW that you could use for full chem Lozano I think? Not as fun as depay I'd imagine but would help with the chem OCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I rage quited squad battles last night after the ai started intercepting everything and my players would either misplace a 3 yard pass or give the ball straight to an opponent.

I've made a new york red bulls and a Queretaro team on the off chance that a Ronaldhinho or Henry sbc drops. Now all I need is the million coins needed to finish them :pac:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I rage quited squad battles last night after the ai started intercepting everything and my players would either misplace a 3 yard pass or give the ball straight to an opponent.

I've made a new york red bulls and a Queretaro team on the off chance that a Ronaldhinho or Henry sbc drops. Now all I need is the million coins needed to finish them :pac:
    I’ll sell you a cheap IF Iniesta for 200k when that arrives :)

Only 200k ?! I just spent my last 200k on dinosaur sponges. All the good deals come at once :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9NQTWGXhc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is ea server down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Guffy wrote: »
    Is ea server down?

I just was on the console there now, I couldn't get onto the mobile app or web app - still can't.

Guffy wrote: »
    Is ea server down?

For apps, yeah. Still plays fine.

That front trio I posted...I'm in love. Hey are tearing defences apart. Nine goals in my first two games after three goals in my five previous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

For apps, yeah. Still plays fine.

That front trio I posted...I'm in love. Hey are tearing defences apart. Nine goals in my first two games after three goals in my five previous :D

Wont score for 5 now I bet

Anyone else scooping up the halloween IFs? There's about 10 all selling relatively close to discard now, and they're definitely going to go back up to their boosted stats at some point, will be ready made to either knock through some SBCs or flip for profit? The likes of Peter Crouch is the equivalent of buying an 87 for 10-12K at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Qualified for the WL.

Really don't know if I want to go into that pit of frustration again this year!

I might have some regrets about spending money on POTM Mane but prime Costa SBC? Not one bit, the man is an absolute god in this game. I still can’t fathom how they say his finishing is only 74 or something. Because in reality it’s about 90 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just got if cavani in hybrid nations pack,he's worth a couple of hundred surely

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just got if cavani in hybrid nations pack,he's worth a couple of hundred surely

He surely is. He’s about the best striker in lique 1.
    He’s going for 200k so not bad.

My Henrik Larsson experiment is over. He can’t dribble a damn so not suiting style of play. Will hold out for Schevenko

• Advertisement

Schmeichel, Petit and Hernandez are the new icon sbcs.

Advertisement