Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Schmeichel, Petit and Hernandez are the new icon sbcs.

Meh.
    Ronaldo is scheduled for New Years but you think they’d throw someone better in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Loving my new team :):)

Screenshot_20171102-205857.png

Only 3 weeks to black Friday and call if duty out tonight so I sold up my team and few extra players have 2.5 million left in gonna take brake and trade a bit for few weeks and see what happens prices.

Judging by all my purchase prices and selling prices I didn't loose anything the only players i lost on were Bailly and Radford but made big money on costa and kluivert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Did the Argentinian SBC in the Marquee matchups and pulled IF Ter Stegen and Dembele from Celtic, first time i've ever pulled 2 IFs from 1 pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hate Icon SBCs

They massively put up the price of even the basic icons since you need to submit icons in a lot of them

Was tracking Shearer and Owen the last while and was hoping they'd keep dropping and be something like 250-300k after Black Friday and then they'd be worth it for me but even these basic icons will never drop price since they're already rare enough and then disappearing in these SBCs

• Advertisement

I hate Icon SBCs

They massively put up the price of even the basic icons since you need to submit icons in a lot of them

Was tracking Shearer and Owen the last while and was hoping they'd keep dropping and be something like 250-300k after Black Friday and then they'd be worth it for me but even these basic icons will never drop price since they're already rare enough and then disappearing in these SBCs

And that is why Ea are geniuses we were all excited last year about the sbc coming in but all they served to do was keep the value of players night enough so people would still stay buying packs.

This year they have extended it to icons and it will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Only 3 weeks to black Friday and call if duty out tonight so I sold up my team and few extra players have 2.5 million left in gonna take brake and trade a bit for few weeks and see what happens prices.

Judging by all my purchase prices and selling prices I didn't loose anything the only players i lost on were Bailly and Radford but made big money on costa and kluivert.

Have COD downloading as we speak.. will probably just have a break and come back to my team in a few weeks or so

astradave wrote: »
    Have COD downloading as we speak.. will probably just have a break and come back to my team in a few weeks or so

Ah crap mate your on stupid ps4 ain't ya... I know I asked you before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah crap mate your on stupid ps4 ain't ya... I know I asked you before.

I added ya a couple of weeks ago on Xbox :D

And that is why Ea are geniuses we were all excited last year about the sbc coming in but all they served to do was keep the value of players night enough so people would still stay buying packs.

This year they have extended it to icons and it will do the same.

I wouldn't mind icons being mad priced if I could pack one :pac:

It would take some serious trading or packing a top top icon to be able to afford a couple of them at once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

A98_E02_BD-_E7_E5-4709-_AAF1-5_CF59565_C1_E9.png

Fabregas, gimenez,gameiro,bellerin,cazorla , Torres on bench

Looking to bring in oblak, griezmann in coming weeks :)

astradave wrote: »
    I added ya a couple of weeks ago on Xbox :D

I knew that was just seen if you remembered pal :)

I wouldn't mind icons being mad priced if I could pack one :pac:

It would take some serious trading or packing a top top icon to be able to afford a couple of them at once

I had kluivert and costa and overmars in my squad at once pal all it gets you is messages of abuse haha.

I had kluivert and costa and overmars in my squad at once pal all it gets you is messages of abuse haha.

We don't get much of that on PS4, if you go into players met on PS4 people you've played in Fifa won't show up

They can obviously get your psn in game or at the end and if they go to that hassle to message you then they should be certed

We don't get much of that on PS4, if you go into players met on PS4 people you've played in Fifa won't show up

They can obviously get your psn in game or at the end and if they go to that hassle to message you then they should be certed

Used to be even better on pc you couldn't message a randomer unless he were friends.

When playing knockout on Xbox or weekend league they don't show up but regular season mode do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sold Deco 2 weeks ago for a small profit as I was changing my team....he’s gone up to 550k now. Would’ve been a cool 100k+ profit on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm being rightly fecked over tonight by the fast forward lag,cost me a 2 goal lead in fut final,it's a bloody disaster tbh

The Schmeichel sbc looks easy enough.
    I’ve already have an 87 Eriksen with a few other high rated players I could use so reckon cheap enough. Plus Lloris in goals which should nearly cover my outlay??

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'm being rightly fecked over tonight by the fast forward lag,cost me a 2 goal lead in fut final,it's a bloody disaster tbh

Donno if this will help you but I suffered terrible then realised I was over WiFi I connected up with wired connection using homeplugs and it solves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Thought i was the only one this was happening to. My god its so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The twelve IF Dosts I picked up last week looking tasty now. If I sold up now, I'd net 80k profit, but his price is gonna rise thanks to be 85 rated IF and the Icon SBC needing Sorting players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I take back everything I said about SBC's giving better players in the packs.

Nothing from marquee matchups at all apart from scrap. And coupled with that, I spent way too much and way too long on trying to get that Bronby v Copenhagen one done. :pac:

Apparently 400k for Schmeichel, to hell with that.

Are the totw players the special players in the transfer section?

In SBC when it says you need a potw does it have to be a gold or will a silver do?

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Schmeichel, Petit and Hernandez are the new icon sbcs.

Just noticed, you need to submit an icon for the second and third of them, hpwhich drafts the purpose imo. The reason I eyed up Costa was that it worked out cheaper than just buying the icons in the market...
    In SBC when it says you need a potw does it have to be a gold or will a silver do?

Any IF will do, BUT typically there's rating requirements for the overall team as well, which will be hard to hit if you have a sub-80 player on the team. You'll end up needing to buy more expensive players elsewhere on the team if you use cheaper IFs so there's a danger of it being a false economy.

It’s ridiculous looking for icons for a sbc and looking for a 86+87 squad as well.
    It just means any SBC requiring one means it’s costing well over a million.
    Costa was a great SBC, around 500k or so for a fantastic player.
    Why can’t the rest be the same and give everyone a chance of getting one.

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous looking for icons for a sbc and looking for a 86+87 squad as well.
    It just means any SBC requiring one means it’s costing well over a million.
    Costa was a great SBC, around 500k or so for a fantastic player.
    Why can’t the rest be the same and give everyone a chance of getting one.

At a guess...

Costa will be the one "everyone can get", in that he'll probably stay the cheapest of the lot. With no expiry date, you'll be able to name a 90 rated CAM legend for 250k in a few weeks time.

After that, I guess they want the Icons to retain some semblance of being an "Elite" card. They don't want everyone having a full Icon team.

Finally, I guess the point of these SBCs are for those players with millions of coins. They need coin sinks to help keep the market going. These SBCs are aimed squarely at the 1% of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got Eriksen in a marquee matchups pack. Happy enough with my pakc luck so far this year, have had a few walkouts, mostly average tier in-forms and an Icon. Qualified for Weekend League as well, but doubt I will play. Always jealous when I see the red players in people's teams, but I can't commit to that amount of Fifa over successive weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Had a game finish 7-7 there, the other guy must have waltzed through my defence from kick off about four times, it just seemed impossible to stop him - well I did the fifth time, penalty and a red card lol

Advertisement