Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    At a guess...

Costa will be the one "everyone can get", in that he'll probably stay the cheapest of the lot. With no expiry date, you'll be able to name a 90 rated CAM legend for 250k in a few weeks time.

After that, I guess they want the Icons to retain some semblance of being an "Elite" card. They don't want everyone having a full Icon team.

Finally, I guess the point of these SBCs are for those players with millions of coins. They need coin sinks to help keep the market going. These SBCs are aimed squarely at the 1% of players.

Yeah sounds about right. But it looks like the good icone are seriously in short supply. There’s only about 15 Van Basten’s available at the moment and I need another 80k or so to get one. I’m hopeful to grab him before they’re all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lads, anyone know if squad battles packs will hang around for a couple of weeks of not redeemed? Probably trading in my S for a preorder on the X tonight or tomorrow morning, would be annoying to lose rewards when I'm actually doing alright in it this week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

hots wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know if squad battles packs will hang around for a couple of weeks of not redeemed? Probably trading in my S for a preorder on the X tonight or tomorrow morning, would be annoying to lose rewards when I'm actually doing alright in it this week!

I think so.

I logged on yesterday for the first time in over a week and here was a TOTW loan pack waiting for me from two weeks ago I had never claimed. Also didn't give me a ToTW card, but a plain old Ozil, so I guess the rewards are tied to the week they were earned, so you can't save them up till a better week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Won my first weekend league match 4-1 with the goal I conceded being a crazy lag spike.

Looking at the rewards, you don't get a totw player unless you finish elite 3 or higher so how many wins would that take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The packs do not stick to the week they were won in by the way. You can hold onto them for a better totw pack if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably a stupid question, but how do you get into one of the daily tournaments in order to qualify for weekend league?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played 4 in the WL, won 2 lost 2.

Not putting myself through it this year. Absolute pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played my first game of WL this year....the gameplay is so ****ing slow it’s unreal. Lost it 6-4 in ET and then got kicked off the servers at the end of the game so my DNF is gone to ****

Normally not one to get overly mad at a game but f##k me weekend league is annoying. 3 matches - every single one with rashford as the other guys striker.

How do you defend the one two pass around your box ? Holding x/a to jockey gives them enough space to do whatever they want and there's a better chance of me packing an icon than one of my players actually intercepting something since they'll run towards the ball but stop a yard or two away from it.

Paully D wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but how do you get into one of the daily tournaments in order to qualify for weekend league?

It’s in the online player menu within UT.
    Too late for this weekend so check Monday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scream cards are boosted again cause of the full moon.

Had one Crouch that I grabbed yesterday for 10k sell for 20k. Wish I had grabbed more.

2-8 in WL....my first and last for this game i reckon. Lost track of the games I’ve lost in ET/pens

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Opened my rewards there from Thursday. Lacazette and Mbappe in the same 55k pack :) Monthly rewards were not as good, Otamendi and Batshuayi the only decent players.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Scream cards are boosted again cause of the full moon.

Had one Crouch that I grabbed yesterday for 10k sell for 20k. Wish I had grabbed more.

they could be a nice little earner each month.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Does auto sub thingy work in ultimate money ripoff team thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liamalone wrote: »
    Does auto sub thingy work in ultimate money ripoff team thingy?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

2 games was all could i managed in fut champs this weekend. Won't be playing that mode again. Full park the bus mode with vardy and rashford up front.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep

Must look harder, couldn't figure it out weeks ago, just assumed it was a normal fifa job

2 games was all could i managed in fut champs this weekend. Won't be playing that mode again. Full park the bus mode with vardy and rashford up front.

I really couldn't enjoy the game doing that crud, probably because I can't defend for toffee :D

Like others have said, weekend league is just park the bus and run like a headless chicken. I'm done with it after I got beat by another musa,rashford etc where I score two well worked goals and he just sprints straight from kick off and scores instantly twice in a row.They nerfed passing with the pace making pace completely op.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

This is my first year playing FUT and the online is hard going. Is there anyway to defend against pacey strikers sprinting at you? Seems like any method i try I get roasted, backing off doesn't work, pushing forward to try tackle doesn't work and I find myself losing the will to play it online anymore. Ended up starting a career mode this evening after spending yesterday trying to qualify for WL. Probably done with that mode tbh, will still play SBs and Seasons for another while but interest is waning quickly.

Finally raised enough money to get Van Basten 91..there's only 13 of his cards in total in the whole marketplace so had to act fast.
    He'll link up nicely with Costa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's funny how we are all drawn to certain players.

For example, I know Rashford is highly rated on here and the wider community, however, I haven't been all that impressed with him, so much so that I said I'd try a few different Premier League strikers out.

I've fell in love with Morata, who I know isn't too highly regarded. 11 goals and 3 assists in just 5 games for me so far. I threw the hawk card on him and he's running riot alongside Jesus.

Paully D wrote: »
    It's funny how we are all drawn to certain players.

For example, I know Rashford is highly rated on here and the wider community, however, I haven't been all that impressed with him, so much so that I said I'd try a few different Premier League strikers out.

I've fell in love with Morata, who I know isn't too highly regarded. 11 goals and 3 assists in just 5 games for me so far. I threw the hawk card on him and he's running riot alongside Jesus.

yeah I don't like Rashford either...Morata I found too sluggish.
    I had 88 rated Van Basten and he was a beast..without a doubt the best striker I've ever used on Fifa. Flogged him to do more trading and bought his 91 card so hoping he'll do well for me as well.
    Its all down to how you play your game...

Managed to pull it back after going 0-7. Finished the night on 8-11, happy with that. IF Alessandrini doing really well atm. 32 games, 28 goals 26 assists

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I bought a spooky delafeau 88 earlier I think he's deadly Def my fav player so far I replaced my ordinary one with him and he was doing wreck for me as it was, I find it harder to play with my if cavani then my if aspas though for some reason, I just noticed too that sterlings price has gone way way down after I buying a few of him last wk thinking his price would go up

Lacazette!! First game 4-3 win, Lacazette hattrick. Second game 6-2 win, Lacazette scored all six.

Early days but I'm getting lubed as we speak.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep

Enlighten me please, I still can't get it going, quick subs that is....

The in game suggestions are shute most of the time!!

Lacazette!! First game 4-3 win, Lacazette hattrick. Second game 6-2 win, Lacazette scored all six.

Early days but I'm getting lubed as we speak.

Update :

Got beat 4-2 the next game, Lacazette didn't score.

TL:DR Lacazette is shoite lol

• Advertisement

Update :

Got beat 4-2 the next game, Lacazette didn't score.

TL:DR Lacazette is shoite lol

I find that with every striker. It seems you go on a roll with them at the start and then a few games in they stop scoring. I reckon it's because you're more focused on them at the start and after a few games start to focus back on the team per se

Advertisement