Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

IF Dembele is an animal of a card. Dirt cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm going to pick up a few of those scream cards once they reduce in price again.
    I played some guy who had Crouch and he ripped me apart..I was looking at the tv wondering htf is Crouch ripping my defense apart not realizing he was boosted.

best video I've seen detailing all the skills and controls for FUT.

Definitely the best squad I've ever had on Fifa before Xmas.
    Eriksen, Perisic,Koscielny, Sane, Salah, Pique, Glik were all from those gold upgrade packs so a big bulk of my team didn't cost me anything.
    I feel sorry for poor old Eriksen on the bench as he's absolutely brilliant for me this year but Costa is even better.
    Bought Mousonda as a nice back up for Salah.
    Kante I have to say is very understated. He's expensive and I was wondering was he worth the money but nearly every single game he's one of the highest rated players so imo he is worth it.
    Lloris too is a beast..there's a huge gulf in class between keepers this year as I've found.

U2NlyL4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liamalone wrote: »
    Enlighten me please, I still can't get it going, quick subs that is....

The in game suggestions are shute most of the time!!

Sorry Liam that's what I ment by quick subs was the in game suggestions.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sorry Liam that's what I ment by quick subs was the in game suggestions.

You can set them up though, right trigger or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Blazer wrote: »
    best video I've seen detailing all the skills and controls for FUT.

Do people really use these 95% of them are too awkward to use,you dont have enough time on the ball most of the time anyway tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I only use a small handful of skills. Step-overs, roulette, heel to heel flick, scoop turn, drag back exit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Pulled Lacazette today on the 9 team hybrid league :D
    First decent player ive gotten

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just with the 11 league one, how do i get the chemistry to 100 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

irishman86 wrote: »
    Just with the 11 league one, how do i get the chemistry to 100 :confused:

Think you have to use the loyalty glitch for that one if memory serves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Think you have to use the loyalty glitch for that one if memory serves.

Yeah you just need 1 of the players to have loyalty

Hmm, ok Van Basten 91 didn’t work out for me.
    I’m thinking just belt away trading as another 200k will get me Del Piero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you a set player you trade with?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Have you a set player you trade with?

nah I do the consumables..I'm actually thinking now of getting IF Jesus and spending the other 500k on the scream cards after they drop in value again and come the full moon flog them for double again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I see salah scored 2 today. What are the chances of an inform. I have his otw card. Not pushed about selling but if he gets an upgrade and the price is right I could be tempted. Btw try his otw card. Absolutely unreal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I see salah scored 2 today. What are the chances of an inform. I have his otw card. Not pushed about selling but if he gets an upgrade and the price is right I could be tempted. Btw try his otw card. Absolutely unreal for me

Definitely keep that card, chances are he gets an IF and then with 4 goals in the CL group stages already he'll most likely get into the TOTGS too. That OTW will be 88 rated before long.

Could have this by christmas

Qy1q5Hm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm in the same boat, bought one for 150k, as above gonna hold out for a little while although if he tips the 500k Mark I might ship him. His hero card is available at 125k at the moment so if he's good for you then you could make a nice few coins and buy that card instead

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the trick to crossing? No matter what I do, the ball always floats into the keeper's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Salahs 2 star weak foot is a serious off putter. Could not make a go of him at all myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

RossieMan wrote: »
    Salahs 2 star weak foot is a serious off putter. Could not make a go of him at all myself.

Honestly that never bothered me. He always seemed to score no matter the position he was in or even the arkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

11-18 this WL. Lessons learned are: I need to learn how to defend...can’t defend for **** in the WL. Made it to silver 2 so decent packs at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Npenthez p, the Youtuber, has a post over on Reddit about how the guy who is coming top of the squad battle leagues has likely found an "exploit" that nets him 3000 points a game. Although that guy hasn't gotten banned for doing it, there was someone else who replicated it and was. Nep was reluctant to spell it out but someone in the comments did

The gist seems to be....

You need to have the bronze players shield the ball in the oposition midfield. The AI will faul you until they get red cards.

Because bronze players have low physical ratings, fouls will draw cards quicker, and the AI is too stupid to stop fouling. And EA have banned one person for this that's known off, despite it not really being a bug or a massive exploit.

Here's the thread...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7avhda/a_little_information_re_number_1_ps4_squad/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Npenthez p, the Youtuber, has a post over on Reddit about how the guy who is coming top of the squad battle leagues has likely found an "exploit" that nets him 3000 points a game. Although that guy hasn't gotten banned for doing it, there was someone else who replicated it and was. Nep was reluctant to spell it out but someone in the comments did

The gist seems to be....

You need to have the bronze players shield the ball in the oposition midfield. The AI will faul you until they get red cards.

Because bronze players have low physical ratings, fouls will draw cards quicker, and the AI is too stupid to stop fouling. And EA have banned one person for this that's known off, despite it not really being a bug or a massive exploit.

Here's the thread...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7avhda/a_little_information_re_number_1_ps4_squad/

Jesus you want some patience to be doing that every game. Squad battles can be dull enough as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How does the guy get banned for using an exploit in the game? It's an error "built in" by EA

Is it any different to the kick off glitch from a few years ago, or abusing over the top balls from a few years ago either?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How does the guy get banned for using an exploit in the game? It's an error "built in" by EA

Is it any different to the kick off glitch from a few years ago, or abusing over the top balls from a few years ago either?

Honest to god what's the point in buying the game if all your gonna do is cheat your way through it,there really is some pathetic people out there

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Honest to god what's the point in buying the game if all your gonna do is cheat your way through it,there really is some pathetic people out there

Any time you put rewards into a game like this, especially one where the entire purpose is to get the best cards possible, people will take advantage of every way possible. I'd tend to agree with you, in terms of I don't get why people deliberately lag games or such....but then, I know a lot of people wonder the point of obsessive trading too.

When you put an end goal that, to be fair, is so difficult to reach, you'll get people doing whatever they can to reach it.

Anyway, on another topic, for gods sakes people, check prices before you buy :D

f15488be-5964-4a7f-ac0b-ec839cca3892.png

Mandanda sold for 45k, restocked at 27k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I find it odd that they banned the guy who told the reddit poster how to do it but not the person who's been using it to be number 1 on the leaderboard for weeks.

Plus if you can be banned for "exploits" where do you draw the line ? Taking advantage of the goalkeepers being awful at defending low driven shots ? Sprinting straight through the defence after kick off ? It just seems it would've been better to patch it quietly than starting this slippery slope imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

shamrock55 wrote: »

Is it a cheat though? Cheating is doing things like buying coins or using some dc glitch to win games you wouldnt otherwise

I personally wouldnt call holding the ball with bronze players until you opppnent gets red cards cheating because thats an ai error

The only fishy part about it is the fact him getting top place is stopping other players who arent doing it from getting up to top place, as well as using 3 accounts

As tsc said some will do whatever it takes to win and get the best cards possible and build their ultimate team, now thats its out in the open you’d imagine a patch will be coming soon for it anyway

• Advertisement

As tsc said some will do whatever it takes to win and get the best cards possible and build their ultimate team, now thats its out in the open you’d imagine a patch will be coming soon for it anyway

Will be interesting to see if they actually can patch it, and that the bans aren't because thats an easier solution for them. That issue looks like a core AI issue with regards when they should tackle, how hard, etc. I wonder how hard that is to actually patch in a fix for.

Advertisement