Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Are you just waiting now or are you still investing?

For the formation 4-2-3-1 helped me defensively this weekend but even with 6 defensive players there'll still be times where the opponent just runs through you or spins 180 degrees at the edge of his box and plays a 40 yard pass through your defence.

I never invest in players so that dont effect me to be honest just doing bit if trading but mostly playing other games for few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

holy ****, IF Alessandrini is now 42k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is bales price likely to reduce much in next month or so. See him as the missing link in my team. Currently 485k and have 500k in bank. Would buy him and sell him later if didn't like him if thought the price would remain the sameish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is bales price likely to reduce much in next month or so. See him as the missing link in my team. Currently 485k and have 500k in bank. Would buy him and sell him later if didn't like him if thought the price would remain the sameish

Black Friday tends to see prices drop a bit. Mind, you could be waiting a few weeks and you have to ask yourself if losing the bit of coins is worth not using the card for three weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Sold everything that was worth anything in my club. Selling jesus and 86 giroud is like losing a limb.

On the bright side I have 350k now. Should I just wait for the crash or does anyone have any trading methods that still work well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A player i use is son from spurs. Easy to buy, easy to make 8-900 coins on. Rinse and repeat.

Bakayoko is decent too.

Any player that most teams will have is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm doing the opposite.
    Sold IF Jesus and bought Aguero who is fantastic.
    Then bought otw Salah.
    I'd be happy with a POTM Sane if he gets it and maybe a better defender than Vertoghen otherwise this is my team for the rest of the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've worked out my dream team is currently 7m coins to buy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm doing the opposite.
    Sold IF Jesus and bought Aguero who is fantastic.
    Then bought otw Salah.
    I'd be happy with a POTM Sane if he gets it and maybe a better defender than Vertoghen otherwise this is my team for the rest of the year.

I'd say it'll be De Bruyne this month, I hope so as I've invested in Belgian IFs for the last few weeks

Prices seem to have dropped a decent amount all ready I sold up my players last Thursday and neymar has dropped from 570 to 500. Kluivert has dropped from 780 to 700. Jesus has dropped about 50k too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know the feeling. I had 14 wins and 14 games left in the weekend league with my projected rank being gold 2 when I lost nearly ten games in a row and only managed to win after buying martial,dembele and this weeks inform ligue 1 left back for my team.Ended up making gold 3 by the skin of my teeth.

And to top it off there was nothing in my elite 3 squad battle rewards above discard value :(

Same here totally collapsed in FUT champions this weekend

Went from 14-10, and a comfortable looking gold 2 with maybe a gold 1 challenge, to 15-19

Turned the tide for a little to get to 19-19 but at least my last loss came to a far superior opponent with a similar levelled team so real complaints at the end but so many 50-50 games I end up losing and even games where I'm a good bit better as well

Just as well it comes at a time when college is getting busy and I'm selling everything until near christmas anyway, I'll probably put a few coins into different leagues SBCs for teams with non rare gold and silvers because it's pretty much risk free and you'll get a lot for as low as possible and then they can rise like mad, I know any Sunderland players I had were going for ~2k and thats only the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is Ramos worth the 300 or so grand? I might save for him,either that or play 11 at the back

Eh, cba selling up. Only expensive players I have are Dembele (Barca) and Martial... waiting for Crespo to drop a little though. Aiming to get him next

Eh, cba selling up. Only expensive players I have are Dembele (Barca) and Martial... waiting for Crespo to drop a little though. Aiming to get him next

It'll be just my luck that I'll pack someone amazing in Thursdays rewards now that I've sold everything

I'm telling ya just my luck...................I hope

I didn't specifically do it to avoid the crash I just needed a break and new I'd be stuck into call of duty for 3 weeks at least so ties in with waiting for the end of month and see what prices ate like then.. if I can trade up another few 100k I would have 3 million to spend on a new team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't posted my team in a while so here's where I'm at

BP8MpaL.jpg

The attack and midfield are all untradeable. I've been spending most of my spare coins on Gold Upgrade SBCs but haven't gotten any good players in ages. Thinking of saving up to get OTW Salah and switch to a 433(4) or 4231(2)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nows the time to get otw Salah...he'll be 86/87 rated on Wednesday.

Haven't posted my team in a while so here's where I'm at

The attack and midfield are all untradeable. I've been spending most of my spare coins on Gold Upgrade SBCs but haven't gotten any good players in ages. Thinking of saving up to get OTW Salah and switch to a 433(4) or 4231(2)

I'm tempted to get Rui Costa, because at ~500k and getting cheaper all the time he's quite good value and could then be used later in the year as an icon in another SBC when I've played with him enough

Blazer wrote: »
    nows the time to get otw Salah...he'll be 86/87 rated on Wednesday.

His price has gone up 100k in the last week plus ther'll be a rush to unload investments on wednesday when you could invest in him because he'll probably be in the team of the group stages for the champions league.

Re buying ramos for 300k, personally I wouldn't buy a non-icon defender for 300k because no matter who you have your players will still make stupid mistakes. Also from expierience, if you defend perfectly/park the bus the other guy will score from 30 yards out with sane's weak foot and the ball going through your defender's legs.:o

Re buying ramos for 300k, personally I wouldn't buy a non-icon defender for 300k because no matter who you have your players will still make stupid mistakes. Also from expierience, if you defend perfectly/park the bus the other guy will score from 30 yards out with sane's weak foot and the ball going through your defender's legs.:o

I used RB 86 Puyol for a while at CB and he did sweet fa different for me, Alderweireld was every bit as good if not better, and Van Dijk actually was better for sure

Same for both Schmiechal and Van Der Sar, I used both baby versions over the last 2 weeks and they didn't do much that Butland or Begovic wouldn't

• Advertisement

Tbh apart from cdm where I find a big difference between bakayoko and a discard value card, I'd prioritise spending on your attack because even with a great defence you'll have more 5-4 results than 1-0.

I was getting a lot of big scores early last weekend so I put coins in an icon keeper, didn't change much

Same story this week, bought an icon for cb and it changed nothing still getting 5-4s every game including a 10-8 where I was 3-0 and 6-3 up

Guess that prob means the defense is on me really and I need to get better at it, I played 4321 with this team and no instructions other than stay central on Kane so I can't really blame the formation or players I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What division would you equate the Daily Tournament to?

I'd love to give Weekend League a crack, but I'm the furthest thing away from someone that is going to win 4 games in a row to qualify than you could find. :pac:

Got to the final on my first try and lost (deservedly) after extra time. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think it's kinda luck of the draw but gets more difficult as you progress, naturally.

Generally you'll play very poor players in the first two rounds though.

It'll be just my luck that I'll pack someone amazing in Thursdays rewards now that I've sold everything

I'm telling ya just my luck...................I hope

Hoping I’m in the same boat as you! Wouldn’t mind a blue flare popping out ;)

Threw a tenner into packs. Got literally nothing for the first 6 I opened. Opened the 7th in a huff and was about to turn off my console when the boards came out and this man walked out:

2uhsbo4.jpg

James Redmond in the Ireland jersey nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just played with Liverpool there in a seasons match just to see what Salah and mane are like to play with and I'm now very tempted to change my la Liga team to a premium one

Debating on who to add to my team. If coins aren't an issue, would you add:

1) Lacazette to replace Morata
    2) Eriksen to replace Sigurdsson

I like Morata and while Sigurdsson is chipping in nicely for me, he is VERY slow and I could do with an improvement at the position. I think I'd push on another level with a better CAM. Then again, Morata is slow too and I enjoyed Lacazette when I've played with Arsenal.

Ideally I'd get both but it'll have to be one or the other for the time being and I doubt I'll be in a position to get Lacazette again for quite some time.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I just played with Liverpool there in a seasons match just to see what Salah and mane are like to play with and I'm now very tempted to change my la Liga team to a premium one

Ultimate team plays totally different to seasons mode and players definitely feel different I don't believe playing a seasons match would give you an idea of them.

Advertisement