Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did a draft there.

28 shots on target. 2 goals.

Vs

6 shots on target. 4 goals.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lacazette is one of the best striker's I've played with. If you don't have Jesus already, I'd get him in though. Similar players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ultimate team plays totally different to seasons mode and players definitely feel different I don't believe playing a seasons match would give you an idea of them.

completely agree...I'm normally a div 3/4 player in UT but in seasons with none of the bull**** scripting etc I'm a div 1..
    I remember I had the entire Barca season in FUT15 and they couldn't win an argument. Switched to seasons for Barca and I decimated my way to div1..they're completely different games.
    Saying that I've alway's found BPL in FUT to be lower skilled and the players always felt sluggish to me. This year is a lot different though, playing with bpl feels a lot more fluid and fast moving as opposed to previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How am I only noticing now that scream perisic is a cam..... I'll be all over that card when I start building again

Finally won a match.

All I had to do was switch to 5-2-3, and run a front three of Sane - IF Zaha - Salah.

PACE ABUSEEEEE! :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Finally won a match.

All I had to do was switch to 5-2-3, and run a front three of Sane - IF Zaha - Salah.

PACE ABUSEEEEE! :(

Zaha is lethal, played a guy last night who had him and Zaha scored 5. Ended up losing 7-6 but what a game.
    I’m firmly a Kevin Keegan manager, all out attack and try and outscore my opponent. Tip tap passing around might win games but it bores me to death. The one touch passing abuse I mean. I appreciate teams who pass and dribble pass me etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Probably a stupid question but how do you get draft tokens ? I'd assumed you could get them in packs but I've been playing for a good few weeks and I haven't gotten a single one.

Also does anyone use the bronze pack method for trading ? I've 350k after selling my team and idk how to go about trading with it since I don't want to invest until after the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Gyan84 wrote:
    Probably a stupid question but how do you get draft tokens ? I'd assumed you could get them in packs but I've been playing for a good few weeks and I haven't gotten a single one.

Got one or two in packs but they very few and far between. You have to spend 15k to enter or 300 points afaik

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m firmly a Kevin Keegan manager, all out attack and try and outscore my opponent. Tip tap passing around might win games but it bores me to death. The one touch passing abuse I mean. I appreciate teams who pass and dribble pass me etc.

100% the same mindset myself. I'd rather lose 5-4 than have a boring 1-0 win. Its why I just ignore the Weekend League tbh. Whenever I've done them, they've bored me to tears.
    Gyan84 wrote: »

In two and a half years since they started drafts, I've never packed a token. The only time I've gotten tokens was once or twice when I bombed out of the draft in game one, and it rewarded me with a token to try again. Thats it. They are rarer in packs than legends :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

In two and a half years since they started drafts, I've never packed a token. The only time I've gotten tokens was once or twice when I bombed out of the draft in game one, and it rewarded me with a token to try again. Thats it. They are rarer in packs than legends :P
    I don't spend coins on packs which is why I'm hesitant to do the drafts since it seems you have to contend with the pack luck plus the odds you'll get a good formation/players. Is the draft generally worth it ? Is there much difference in the rewards for single player vs online draft ?

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I don't spend coins on packs which is why I'm hesitant to do the drafts since it seems you have to contend with the pack luck plus the odds you'll get a good formation/players. Is the draft generally worth it ? Is there much difference in the rewards for single player vs online draft ?

If you do a draft, just kiss the coins goodbye and accept you're doing it for the fun of trying out the overpowered cards like Legends and Ronaldo/Messi etc.

Its rare I'd ever profit from drafts and usually avoid them nowadays, but you make 5-7k off winning Div 7, so I tend to try a draft every two or three seasons for fun. I've rarely got much in the packs though. If you can get past round 2, you usually will net packs which, if bought with coins, would cost more than 15k, but pack luck is pack luck. To really profit off it, you'd need to be able to win regularly and hope your pack luck pays off.

SBC packs tend to feel like they are weighed more in your favor, so if you're looking for packs and such, then pumping your coins into SBCs might yield better luck.

Offline rewards are drastically worse than online, since otherwise everyone would just grind offline drafts.

Sold all my players bar untradeables and now sitting on 1.1 million.
    I always had to have direct debits set up to ensure I saved and apparently its the same in a game. Its burning a hole in my pocket.:D
    There isn't a hope in hell I'll last till the crash

Speaking of SBC pack luck.

Ruffier packed from the MM for this week. Sold him for 9200.

Danny Rose, sold for 7k.

And then Alli, so thats 32k :D

Cost me about 12k in total, but made about 47k on the pack rewards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Speaking of SBC pack luck.

Ruffier packed from the MM for this week. Sold him for 9200.

Danny Rose, sold for 7k.

And then Alli, so thats 32k :D

Cost me about 12k in total, but made about 47k on the pack rewards :)

Same with me! Got IF Marcal from the gold players pack and a few 84s/83s. Only spent 3k to buy 2 Swedish players

Broke even on marquee matchups this week .....

20171107_202134.jpg

Woooooow, I hate you Jayo :)

Woooooow, I hate you Jayo :)

Haha to be honest I pulled Jones in the pack before it and I seen Brazil coming up again I was like fuk sake then I seen psg and never mind lw I thought I had got Lucas I was like ok then he started walking running across the screen.

He is not the most valuable player I packed but he is the highest rated I never packed a 90s player before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Definitely jealous! Think that’s 2 Neymars packed in 2 weeks on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

And sure enough, inspired by this thread, I rush to do the Matchups and get sweet fajita all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thinking Jayo's an EA shill sent to make us all do the Marquee Matchups..............

Billboards, German, CB, Bayern

Was thinking even Hummels is worth a nice bit but Boateng would be dman nice

And it was Sule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sold up most of my tradepile ahead of the crash and now sitting on 2.2m

Hoping to try and double it during the next few weeks.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Sold up most of my tradepile ahead of the crash and now sitting on 2.2m

Hoping to try and double it during the next few weeks.

Reckon I'll sell up when POTM hits. I'm sitting on a load of Young, Otamendi and Batsuyai. Got a few Torreira as well cause he looks solid.

Prices are really dropping a lot I sold neymar earlier for 490k he is now available for 465 he was 570 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

7 attempts at qualifying for Weekend League tonight.

Eliminated in the first round in 6 of them. I even lost to a team with David ****ing Silva playing CB. No joke.

Got to the Finals again for the second night in a row on my last attempt and was then obliterated by a far better player.

I do enjoy the game but nights like tonight make you think what's the point? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lord TSC wrote:
    Reckon I'll sell up when POTM hits. I'm sitting on a load of Young, Otamendi and Batsuyai. Got a few Torreira as well cause he looks solid.

I'd sell in the hype. Could be a lot of undercutting once it goes live.

I just don't want to get burned so sold up.

Paully D wrote: »
    7 attempts at qualifying for Weekend League tonight.

Eliminated in the first round in 6 of them. I even lost to a team with David ****ing Silva playing CB. No joke.

Got to the Finals again for the second night in a row on my last attempt and was then obliterated by a far better player.

I do enjoy the game but nights like tonight make you think what's the point? :(

I played against a guy tonight who had 3 of his defence sent off by 60 mins..he won 3-0...I couldn't even get a shot off..absolutely ridiculous stuff..we had a good laugh about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

How much does it cost to do the whole marque match ups challenge? and if I only have a small stack of coins (about 25k) would it even be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SeanHarty wrote: »
    How much does it cost to do the whole marque match ups challenge? and if I only have a small stack of coins (about 25k) would it even be worth it?

Futbin puts it at 22.4k, so with people price fixing certain players in those solutions it prob would put the cost between 25-30k

You do get packs "worth" about 80k but I'd say even at the worst you'll get something around the 25k mark for everything in those packs and then there's always the chance of a Neymar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Futbin puts it at 22.4k, so with people price fixing certain players in those solutions it prob would put the cost between 25-30k

You do get packs "worth" about 80k but I'd say even at the worst you'll get something around the 25k mark for everything in those packs and then there's always the chance of a Neymar

hmmm ok, maybe ill have a go at them so...

not good at trading so packs are really my only go to I feel and my team now is pretty solid I think! well its crap compared to the teams being put up here but its been doing the job for me, yet to lose a match somehow:confused:

• Advertisement

Ok, I know its been said before and I'm slow here, but Futbin's Club Import feature is amazing.

I just did it there for the first time, and it showed me I had a few players that I thought were worthless but actually weren't.

Case and point, I had a Swiss bronze player worth 2.5k cause someone has him in one of the completed SBC guides for the Hybrid challanges. A Spanish league non-rare worth 2k for the same thing.

Sold 5 players I didn't even know I had for 10k so far. Its going to make Bronze Packing a lot easier...

Also really awesome that it tells me my tradepile value. If I sold everything this morning for its current worth, I'd have 2.5m coins (which thrills me cause it took me till Xmas last year to hit 1m coins). Thats without the fact I'm trying to sell most for inflated prices too.

EDIT: And just spotted a Spanish Silver thats actually extinct and going for 10k :D

Advertisement