Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did a few upgrade packs and got Felipe Luis,Ratikic, Reina, Demebele (spurs) Marquinhois and Schmeichel.
    With the exception of IF Zuber who's a supersub every single one of them are untradeables I got from upgrade packs or SBS with another row in reserves.
    For the laugh since I had the money I bought 87 Del Piero for a couple of games..holy ****..,what a card. The best way I can describe him is like Jesus or Merten's on steroids.
    It killed me to sell him as I had the money to get De Gea who would slot in perfectly in goals for the defence.
    The only 2 cards better than him are R9 and Maradona I reckon.

IAskCB6.png

Screw it, I’m been a huge Del Piero fan ever since he start playing so I’m gonna keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Screw it, I’m been a huge Del Piero fan ever since he start playing so I’m gonna keep him.

How much? What position is he?

Liamalone wrote: »
    How much? What position is he?

I picked him up for 977,000.
    He can be CAM,CF or ST, I play him as a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think you just plug the two controllers in, press the ps button (or the xbox equivalent) to make sure it picks up both and then select kick off and when it asks to select sides just put one controller to the team on the left and the other to the team on the right.

Cheers I got it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    It was in the rules last year too that they wouldn't change position.. I wouldn't be so annoyed he actually doesn't have that great of stats that would make him a great striker compared to say Jesus or mbappe.

Another inform or two and his one to watch will be the best winger in the game similar to mane last year.

I know but I wanted to sell him at high price and buying him back when he was cheap :P

Still have to buy Jesus yet aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The automatic nutmeg animation drives me up the fúcking wall.

You get punished for positioning your defender perfectly to intercept the ball only for the game to take control away from and open your defender's legs and do that stupid tackle animation.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The automatic nutmeg animation drives me up the fúcking wall.

You get punished for positioning your defender perfectly to intercept the ball only for the game to take control away from and open your defender's legs and do that stupid tackle animation.

That’s not the worst of it. I was watching a NepentheZ stream last night and he was talking about the glitches and he mentioned the low driven shot. Apparently the reason all the tubers are using it for games is because the keepers animation is broken for low balls. They can’t save because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    That’s not the worst of it. I was watching a NepentheZ stream last night and he was talking about the glitches and he mentioned the low driven shot. Apparently the reason all the tubers are using it for games is because the keepers animation is broken for low balls. They can’t save because of it.

Keeper animation for everything is broken I think. It's so frustrating when you want to start a quick attack and the keeper is going threw the motions and takes 5 seconds to do a quick throw out.

Keeper animation for everything is broken I think. It's so frustrating when you want to start a quick attack and the keeper is going threw the motions and takes 5 seconds to do a quick throw out.

that's my most hated amination..its been in fifa ever since they switched to the frostbite engine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I have asked this before and got a great suggestion in wanyama.

But has anyone come across any good cheap players for the prem, I currently play 4-3-1-2 but would be open to adding wide players although this formation appears to be working a treat for me.

mainly looking at a goal keeper currently using Tom Heaton and he is pretty solid to be fair but if there was a player that offered a big upgrade for a cheap enough price I wouldn't mind upgrading him, I have Vorm on the bench but haven't tried him yet.

another center half wouldn't go a miss either, currently using ake and sakho with scott dan on the bench.

also at CAM I'm using lanzini who I also like but if I'm missing a gem ill give them a shot.

have about 30k to spend in total.

Current starting 11 is

Heaton
    Zapacosta - Ake - Sakho - Kolasinic
    Wanyama - Felaini - Kyroskic (polish west brom CDM)
    Lanzini
    Griuod - Ieinacho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

SeanHarty wrote: »

But has anyone come across any good cheap players for the prem, I currently play 4-3-1-2 but would be open to adding wide players although this formation appears to be working a treat for me.

mainly looking at a goal keeper currently using Tom Heaton and he is pretty solid to be fair but if there was a player that offered a big upgrade for a cheap enough price I wouldn't mind upgrading him, I have Vorm on the bench but haven't tried him yet.

another center half wouldn't go a miss either, currently using ake and sakho with scott dan on the bench.

also at CAM I'm using lanzini who I also like but if I'm missing a gem ill give them a shot.

Current starting 11 is

Heaton
    Lanzini
    Griuod - Ieinacho
    Maybe Butland? I'm using Ederson and it feels like he never saves anything.

Have a bit of time tomorrow and Sat so decided to qualify for weekend league for the first time this year. Back to being Pissed off beyond belief so.

Maybe Butland? I'm using Ederson and it feels like he never saves anything.

Have heard butland is good, ill give him a try! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone know where roughly 50k squad battles points will land me? I'm on 20k so far so with the 22 more games I should comfortably hit 50-60k

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

Have heard butland is good, ill give him a try! thanks!

Second butland and I find Michael Keane good considering his price of 650 to 850 coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Current starting 11 is

Heaton
    Lanzini
    Griuod - Ieinacho

Begovic for gk
    Rudiger for cb
    Gueye/fernandinho/wijnaldum for cm
    Antonio for st

Toobz wrote: »
    Anyone know where roughly 50k squad battles points will land me? I'm on 20k so far so with the 22 more games I should comfortably hit 50-60k

52k got me elite 2 a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be too worried about trying for elite 1 I think rewards are same just more coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

52k got me elite 2 a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be too worried about trying for elite 1 I think rewards are same just more coins.

Cheers jayo. Yeah I noticed that just wondering if it was worth my time I'd be happy with elite 2 to get my William Carvalho on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Antonio for ST is a must in a cheap EPL team. He was above 10k on pc only 3 weeks ago. Can be got for 3k now. Still use him as a super sub myself.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Antonio for ST is a must in a cheap EPL team. He was above 10k on pc only 3 weeks ago. Can be got for 3k now. Still use him as a super sub myself.

just picked one up for 1.3k on PSN! also got a butland for 950!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

I just picked up OTW Salah for 277k. Everybody wants that striker card. Crazy crash.

2 star weak foot kills the card for being a viable elite striker. The OTW card is serious value atm, it'll easily hit 400k+ the next time Salah scores in a game and the hype catches on.

Just looking at Salah there and there's a purple 85 and black and gold 86,what are these cards exactly?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just looking at Salah there and there's a purple 85 and black and gold 86,what are these cards exactly?

Black and gold 86 is this week's totw card the purple card is a hero's card for his country a few weeks ago.

Black and gold 86 is this week's totw card the purple card is a hero's card for his country a few weeks ago.

Ok thanks,btw can stats on totw card increase in the future if he keeps going the way he is in real life that is

Ok thanks,btw can stats on totw card increase in the future if he keeps going the way he is in real life that is

No. Only the one to watch card will increase every time the player gets into the Totw, Toty, Totgs, hero card etc. It's why Salah's purple card can be got for around 100k, but his OTW card is far more expensive. Speculating on OTW is a great way to earn cash. I have a couple of aurier, a couple of Tolisso (regretting this a wee bit) Salah etc. Everytime they do well in real life, the card value goes way up on the hype of totw. If you do get these, buy cheap, then sell on hype a day or two before. Don't wait for the totw to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Pereyra CM and Smalling are also very good! Pereyra scores a lot of long shots for me

No. Only the one to watch card will increase every time the player gets into the Totw, Toty, Totgs, hero card etc. It's why Salah's purple card can be got for around 100k, but his OTW card is far more expensive. Speculating on OTW is a great way to earn cash. I have a couple of aurier, a couple of Tolisso (regretting this a wee bit) Salah etc. Everytime they do well in real life, the card value goes way up on the hype of totw. If you do get these, buy cheap, then sell on hype a day or two before. Don't wait for the totw to be announced.

Cheers,btw what do otw cards look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cheers,btw what do otw cards look like?

Just plain black, no gold on them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What do people think of this? Would you pay a subscription for Fifa?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/09/ea-may-skip-yearly-sports-releases/

I sure as fúck wouldn't.

Advertisement