Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sweet Jesus someone just bought the Salah hero card for 690000,when the totw card is going for less then half that wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The annual model makes no sense as it is in this digital, patched from day 1 age. If it meant a full rework of the engine and the game play every two or three years, I would pay 30 or 40 quid for squad updates and a few game play changes (this is what we are getting now btw) annually. Then get the big changes and pay 60 or whatever every 2 years. Makes more sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus someone just bought the Salah hero card for 690000,when the totw card is going for less then half that wtf??

Either an error or coin selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Either an error or coin selling.

An expensive error...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The annual model makes no sense as it is in this digital, patched from day 1 age. If it meant a full rework of the engine and the game play every two or three years, I would pay 30 or 40 quid for squad updates and a few game play changes (this is what we are getting now btw) annually. Then get the big changes and pay 60 or whatever every 2 years. Makes more sense to me.

I agree I already pay to ea access and fifa is free on that every six months so just charge a little more and give better choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jayo26 wrote: »
    I agree I already pay to ea access and fifa is free on that every six months so just charge a little more and give better choice.

FUT would have to have a cut off point, though, otherwise there would be a huge disadvantage for new players joining fifa playing against multi million teams created earlier.

Imagine joining now and playing against teams created three years ago with all the coins...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Have a fair few coins and no real intention of updating my squad so said I'd do online draft for the first time this year. Got a woeful team couldn't even get full chemistry anyway guy beat me fairly handy got a loan pack and 2 gold packs loan player was someone I never heard of 1st pack had nothing and 2nd pack had in form Kolasinac... Happy out, very random to get him in a pack like that, played him in one game didn't think much of him so sold him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

https://www.futbin.com/18/player/15664/Ashley%20Young/?chem=shadow&pchem=10&schem=100

Never thought I'd say this but Ashley Youngs looks pretty decent with a shadow card attatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

14murphy wrote: »
    https://www.futbin.com/18/player/15664/Ashley%20Young/?chem=shadow&pchem=10&schem=100

Never thought I'd say this but Ashley Youngs looks pretty decent with a shadow card attatched.

could be perfect for the 4-3-1-2 crossing for giroud :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

wonski wrote: »
    FUT would have to have a cut off point, though, otherwise there would be a huge disadvantage for new players joining fifa playing against multi million teams created earlier.

Imagine joining now and playing against teams created three years ago with all the coins...

It would be possible to have a reset at the start of each season, play for a full season, reset, play for full season again.. and give rewards to frequent players

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    It would be possible to have a reset at the start of each season, play for a full season, reset, play for full season again.. and give rewards to frequent players

Yeh a jersey saying I'm a fool for doing this every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

J. Marston wrote: »
    What do people think of this? Would you pay a subscription for Fifa?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/09/ea-may-skip-yearly-sports-releases/

I sure as fúck wouldn't.

its probably the logical way to go in fairness, as someone else mentioned for FUT just start every season afresh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

seamie78 wrote: »
    its probably the logical way to go in fairness, as someone else mentioned for FUT just start every season afresh

It would be the death of them. They make around 500million dollars a year from fut packs.
    Going to a subscription basis would severely hammer their profit margins unless they charged some ridiculous price in which case they would lose customers hence less profits. Fifa is not suited for a single model. He only good news would be that everyone would switch over to pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Am I the only one who thinks they should make ultimate team completely free ?
    They would get way more players plus I'd be willing to buy some packs if I didn't pay 60 up front since ultimate team is all I play.

They could release the rest of the game for 30-40 euro and use that to push the esport scene they are dying to be a part of.

Blazer wrote: »
    It would be the death of them. They make around 500million dollars a year from fut packs.
    Going to a subscription basis would severely hammer their profit margins unless they charged some ridiculous price in which case they would lose customers hence less profits. Fifa is not suited for a single model. He only good news would be that everyone would switch over to pes.

I'd rather play subbuteo with pair of builders gloves on.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks they should make ultimate team completely free ?
    They would get way more players plus I'd be willing to buy some packs if I didn't pay 60 up front since ultimate team is all I play.

They could release the rest of the game for 30-40 euro and use that to push the esport scene they are dying to be a part of.

They’re too greedy. And to be honest UT couldn’t be part of the esports scene due to the heavy scripting involved. They would have to run a clean version for it and they would be slaughtered for doing so.

Opened my gold 3 weekend league rewards.

Gundogan was the only player worth anything. One of my mega packs didn't even have an 83 rated player :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14murphy wrote: »

I've been using him as a sub and he's brilliant, especially subbed on to the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Steamed through to the final of the DKT there, got good momentum going, now every time I search for a game for the final I immediately get a message saying there are no opponents available, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Opened my gold 3 weekend league rewards.

Gundogan was the only player worth anything. One of my mega packs didn't even have an 83 rated player :rolleyes:

Opened my last 2 weeks worth of rewards now, Gold 2&3

Got jack all, lots of trolls like German GK (Fahrmann not Neuer) and French CDM (Nzoni not Kante) but did manage to pack Ousmane Dembele in the last pack so probably ended up better than most even really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Random question but is it true that if you do the daily challenges for a certain amount of days in a row that you get a 50k pack .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Random question but is it true that if you do the daily challenges for a certain amount of days in a row that you get a 50k pack .

I did Dailies and Weeklies for 2 weeks without missing one and got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Packed sweet **** all from elite 1. Got thuavin, sannone some other ****ty players worth **** all.

on the plus side I l loaded fifa up today on xbox one x and it looks pretty sweet. You can definitely tell the difference and I'm on a 1080p tv which doesn't have hdr. It was the top of the range 2 years ago though.
    It justifies an upgrade to a 4k tv :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14k seems very underpriced for a Barca IF. Paco Alcacer looks slow, but he's still a Spanish/Barca right winger, and 82 rated as well.....

Reached 400k and decided to build the base of my long term squad before the weekend:

ultimateteam.png

I know it might not seem great but it's the best team I've had in any fifa.
    Next I have to replace coman with martial,sort out the defence and then save up for the rui costa sbc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I did Dailies and Weeklies for 2 weeks without missing one and got nothing

same here did it 17 days in a row and never got anything past the bog standard ones

the worst is things like buy a player for 500 coins that rewards a bronze contract pack, losing money doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Path to Glory" event starting tomorrow, whatever that is.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Path to Glory" event starting tomorrow, whatever that is.

Sounds like it's going to be similar to the scream team but based around players involved in world cup and stuff also lots of sbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did well on SBC's this week.

Got Verratti (who ensures I've profited alone), Pepe, Howedes, Mustafi and Donnarumma of note. Plenty of others who I'll make circa 1,000 coins each off too. Cannot complain at all with that for what I put into it.

I'm aiming to get Bailly in in place of Smalling so will have enough from selling Verratti and Pepe.

Advertisement