Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Out of curiousity...(and lack of experience with FUT) does anyone here buy gold packs with coins or just buy specific players with coins instead?

I never buy packs with coins I only really open packs with sbc but you will never make your coins back on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Opened a Dutch league sbc pack and an in form comes out. RW, French.....****ing Thauvin. Totally forgot he was in the totw so was full sure I was getting Mbappe. Still 20 odd thousand coins will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Played first game of Weekend League, first time getting in it this year as I'm not arsed. Beat deservedly 3-0, barely had a sniff, screw this weekend league shoite. I've had enough of all it's stuff. Pfffft

Edit: I should've had at least twelve penalties ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Draft is an absolute joke, pure scripted bullshît at its finest. Got a very good team in my favourite formation and with 100 chem, Messi and Ronaldo in it with the likes of Neymar and IF Thiago on the bench, couldn’t have picked a better team myself if I tried. Start my first match, go a goal up and I’m thinking it’s going to be easy. Opponent immediately equalises. Go down the other end on a dangerous attack, one of his CBs is sent off. Score from the resulting penalty. Opponent immediately equalises. Go down the other end, another red card for his other CB and another penalty for me. This one is saved, fair enough. He’s now playing with Dani Parejo at CB along with another defender I’ve never heard of. In the second half, the game decides it doesn’t want me to be able to string two passes together, despite all the open space I have. Attack after attack and my shots are either saved or the AI completely fcuks me over in some way, you know what I mean.

Of course in the 90th minute still at 2-2, he launches one counter attack and scores from about 35 yards out with yet another player I’ve never heard of, my goalkeeper doesn’t even fcuking move, and I lose. Don’t even get another draft token for my troubles.

Anyone who doesn’t believe scripting is a thing (or something like it at least) is simply wrong. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone used IF Lozano? Tempted to build a squad around him...looks like a really good card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Fresh into division five, only had the very odd quitter in the other divisions, three already in division five. Love it lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone used IF Lozano? Tempted to build a squad around him...looks like a really good card.

One of my favourite cards this year. Used a front three of Scream Memphis - IF Lochida - IF Lozano for a while and they scored for fun. Think Lozano was something like 20 goals in 15 games from the RF position. He's so so fast, but a bit hard to hybrid in. Couldn't sell him when I switched teams so he's a super sub for me now.

Hmm, just went through my tradepile and counted things up for the first time in a while, and realised I bought 20 Torreira due to mismanagement of knowing how many I had. Gonna start clearing out a lot of the deadwood, and then try to shift the PL players next week with POTW.

Currently sitting on

Torreira x 20
    Mahrez x1
    Dost x1
    Otamendi x9
    Hilton x1
    Batshuayi x8
    Dempsey x3
    Paco x7
    Marcal x3
    Young x11
    Lozano x 2
    Eder Valencia x5
    Gustavo x3
    Mandana x2
    Dembele x2
    And then 8 random discards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I bring him on in the first min at striker and play him beside aubameyang, he plays far better than both Aub and POTM Mane for me. Crazy good card

Looking at this for when I go back playing again It will probably be a bit cheaper closer to November 24th.

Screenshot_20171111-101951.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice ^^ I miss my Italian side this year.
    The untradeables I got this year are forcing me to use BPL and I can't complain really.
    Although I say Mertens this year is absolutely lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just like last week I find that i'll never win or lose the odd game that it always has to be in streaks. Was 2-4, then 7-5 and now 7-7. I lost one match 11-10 on penalties :mad:.

I'm probably going to sell alexis sanchez because even though he has higher physical than martial, he gets pushed off the ball way too easy.

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know how to defend the free kick setup where the other guy has 3 players standing around the ball and one sprints straight to the goal while one of the other two passes it to him ? I have a better chance of saving penalties than I do defending these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bring one of your AI defenders to the side of the wall closest to the touch line. They'll intercept the pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

martyos121 wrote: »

Anyone who doesn’t believe scripting is a thing (or something like it at least) is simply wrong. :mad:

Agree.

Game has so many huge issues this year - it's easily the worst Fifa of all time (obviously relative to technology available). Regularly won D1 of UT in past Fifas, Regular Elite last year (which wasn't a great game either) - so that gives you some idea of how much I played over the years.

- Kick-Off glitch is atrocious. Regularly, players are sluggish and unresponsive to what the opponent does with kick-off. It's extremely frustrating to score a hard worked goal and concede 15 seconds later from utter rubbish.

- Pace is broken. How often do you see a 65-70 pace defender successfully chase down a 85-95 pace attacker.

- Strength is broken. If somebody is strong, they are strong. I shouldn't have to press a button to make Benteke/Lukaku hold off a 5ft10 54 Physical player. They talk about realism and it's not even close.

- Tackles and Interceptions are not rewarded. Make a tackle or an interception and it goes right back to the other player. This regularly happens 2/3/4 times in a single move.

- Player Switching is not responsive enough. This one is pretty self-explanatory.

- Blocked shots - Insane how many shots get blocked. Like, insane.

- Referee's being able to physically interact with players - What is the actual point? Seriously? You make the rest of the game completely unrealistic and decide hurr durr referees get in the way in real life, lets do the same here.

Ultimately, you aren't in control. They added controller input during replays to see what you did, it's insane how often what happens is different to what you input. The better player regularly doesn't win (shouldn't that be how it works? I mean once or twice fair enough. But this stuff happens with such regularity that it's ridiculous). It honestly feels like the game decides before the match who is going to win.

What makes this worse is the fact that only the game mode that they have any interest in - is designed to make you grind huge amounts of games in short spaces of times. Career mode has been static for years. Granted, it's the one mode that I can still derive any enjoyment from, but the big addition this year was transfer/contract negotiations. Do I need to go through the same bloody rigmarole every single time?

Rant over. Maybe some of you feel the same or maybe I am alone in having enough.

The cost of fifa points is crazy imo. I know they're not required but I saw those 45k packs and thought I would pay a fiver to open 2 or 3. It costs 7.50 to have enough points to open one and you'd need to pay 40 if you wanted to buy all 5 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I'm with jayo on this one. Haven't played the game since last Friday. It's the least stressed I've been in ages.

But there is too many things wrong with game. Some have been in past FIFA's.

And while we complain about the game we'll still buy it next year in the hopes they fix it.

Honestly if it wasn't for fut. I'd probably switch to pes.

Really thinking of doing the schmeichael sbc... it will prob work out at 300k but your getting a 92 rated keeper that will go in any squad you build in future and you can use him in 2 squads at same time when rotating so that would be like having two 92 rated keepers :):)

Even closer to end of November it might even be easier and cheaper to do it as price of players drop.

I'm waiting till the black friday crash to do him and Costa I think.

The damn SBC guides on Futbin are useless cause 90% of them have scream cards in them that don't work for 90% of the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Using him as a sub winger. Good value for money, great crosses and speed.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm waiting till the black friday crash to do him and Costa I think.

The damn SBC guides on Futbin are useless cause 90% of them have scream cards in them that don't work for 90% of the time :(

I done the first 5 challenges this evening was bored they didn't cost a pile and I'll keep trading away between now and the 24th and I'll easily have earned enough to cover the rest.

I'm gonna keep an eye on a few high rated players and informs to see if I can snipe them low.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I done the first 5 challenges this evening was bored they didn't cost a pile and I'll keep trading away between now and the 24th and I'll easily have earned enough to cover the rest.

I'm gonna keep an eye on a few high rated players and informs to see if I can snipe them low.

Ya convinced me to do some of him now :P

Got two of them so far, cheap enough.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ya convinced me to do some of him now :P

Got two of them so far, cheap enough.

Don't blame me when all you pull from packs is sh1t ha. Best I did was Willian.

Don't blame me when all you pull from packs is sh1t ha. Best I did was Willian.

Got RTG Hart in one of the packs, so that 20k covered most of the three I did this evening.

Given how hard to was to get that bloody 82 rating for the PL squad, I'm really dreading trying to get some of the higher ones...

The scream cards will probably get boosted on the 3rd of december since that's the next full moon. Is rui Costa worth the 500k to use him instead of having him for the future to trade towards another icon sbc or would it be better to get someone like pogba ?

Looking at this for when I go back playing again It will probably be a bit cheaper closer to November 24th.

Screenshot_20171111-101951.png

Mertens 88 is a beast...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68lrao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I give up......

astradave wrote: »
    I give up......

The keepers are poor, but this one was spectacularly poor...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The kick off exploit (it's not a glitch, it's purposely built into the game) is such horseshít. Look at my defensive line here, they stay completely still for 2-3 seconds and there's nothing I can do...

https://streamable.com/5a6tr

Anyway, Jesus is stupidly overpowered but at least he's not like Musa last year and is somewhat expensive. 26 in 20 so far for me in the WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    The scream cards will probably get boosted on the 3rd of december since that's the next full moon. Is rui Costa worth the 500k to use him instead of having him for the future to trade towards another icon sbc or would it be better to get someone like pogba ?

he's worth it..he's a fantastic midfielder. and its nice to have an icon.

• Advertisement

Had a great weekend league game where I beat a guy who was much better than me 2-1 by defending well and taking my chances when they came. Next match I lose to a guy who just runs around with aubamayang and gets deflected goals and rebounds while every shot I make hits the post and my players constantly auto lunge at the ball :rolleyes:

13-11 now and hoping to make gold 2 before the game decides it's time for another losing streak.

Advertisement