Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

decided to try and get the Rui costa SBC under way. Hoping to make use of my scream cards for the higher ranking ones when they come back. try to pick up some nice deals in this crash, my Lacazette dropped 20k yesterday alone. not worth selling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Went french for my front line of Mbappe, Pires and Dembele.
    Have to admit Dembele is awesome, 5 * skills and weak foot plus he's a big lad.
    I've about 300k left and was considering Mbappe's otw card but his base card is fantastic and that getting that would mean dropping Pires for Martial who I don't really fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cracking up now, I've managed to not get frustrated and not take it too seriously but the scripting is horrendous at this stage. Winning one game 2-1 in the 90th min, guy had one shot in the whole game. He plays the ball out wide and the ref blows for a pen, shows the replay and his AI and my AI ran into one another and the ref gives a peno.

Next game im playing a guy with 5 legends, IF Aubameyang, IF De Gea. I manage to get 3-1 up with 65% possession and 15 odd shots. I end out losing 5-4, the other guy has 6 shots all from outside the box and 3 or 4 of them in the middle of the goal. Keeper couldn't catch a cold! Time for a break

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Last 4 games...

5-4 win
    4-3 win
    6-4 loss
    4-4 penalty loss

The high-scoring is absurd this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't get out of Div 7

Meanwhile, about to be Div 5 champion in normal seasons, winning most games by four or five goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And the next game...

DOcjngbWAAAM_kp.jpg

Game is absurd.

Anyone good at defending? What are your custom tactics?

J. Marston wrote: »
    And the next game...

Anyone good at defending? What are your custom tactics?

if his players get anywhere near the penalty box hack em down.
    I always make sure its not the last player doing the hacking either so its only a yellow.
    I did one the other night and absolutely chopped the legs of his player..was full sure it was a red..had to be...lol he got a free kick and that was it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

In my last post I said I hoped to hit gold 2 before a losing streak, f##k all chance of that now as the exact same scenario as last weekend has played out for me again. Once I hit 14 wins the game just stops and won't let me win no matter how good/bad the other guy is. I'm positive that it's doing this to try and make it a dramatic finish to qualify for next week in the hopes that'll string me along.

Also, 1 more team with aubamayang or prime hernandez and I'll completely lose it :mad:

Blazer wrote: »
    if his players get anywhere near the penalty box hack em down.
    I always make sure its not the last player doing the hacking either so its only a yellow.
    I did one the other night and absolutely chopped the legs of his player..was full sure it was a red..had to be...lol he got a free kick and that was it :D

I find if I do that anywhere near the box they'll just lay it off and take a shot with the second touch since it's impossible to close down fast enough.

With defending, are you closing down players manually, or closing down passing lanes? I have to admit, I rarely get high scoring games, though still lose plenty by a goal. I feel the "trick" is to try and intercept the ball, and use the bumber to pressure the player with it. Make sure you don't have two players going after the player; you need one going into passing lanes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm getting a bit fed up of this game now tbh,I just lost 4 games in a row in div 7 all of them 4-3 after leading in all of them,I'm sick to death of my inability to defend while down the other end it's like trying to break into fort Knox with fellas throwing themselves in front of everything and blocking shots,it's obviously just me and I'm not gonna get any better at defending at this stage

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit fed up of this game now tbh,I just lost 4 games in a row in div 7 all of them 4-3 after leading in all of them,I'm sick to death of my inability to defend while down the other end it's like trying to break into fort Knox with fellas throwing themselves in front of everything and blocking shots,it's obviously just me and I'm not gonna get any better at defending at this stage

I think you can get better at defending by practicing blocking passing lanes and switching with the right stick but there's just certain times you can do nothing. People I play against have their defence and midfield stuck on the edge of their box yet when I try to play like that my defenders will still be on the half way line or my left back will go check if my goalkeeper's shoes are tied playing everyone onside.

You wouldn't mind but I spent 200 grand on Ramos the other day and it hasn't made one bit of difference,I think I might sell him again and spend it on greizman

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best PL goalkeeper aside from De Gea and Courtois, guys? I have Ederson but find him poor to be honest and really need to upgrade him now.

Lloris?

Paully D wrote: »
    Best PL goalkeeper aside from De Gea and Courtois, guys? I have Ederson but find him poor to be honest and really need to upgrade him now.

Lloris?

Lloris is very good. Courtois has really dropped in price though so I would get him instead of Lloris.
    There's a big difference gap between Lloris and Courtois/De Gea.

So I sold Courtois,Bailly and Rose and using my untradeable Felipe,Pique and pairing up De Gea in goals. This still gives Pique only 8 chemistry so wondering if I swap Konsomethingorother with Azpilwhatshisface who's spanish and will still maintain full links with Kante.
    Anyone use him?

3y4COEn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've used lloris and de gea and to be honest there ain't much between them one thing I love about de gea is his throw outs apart from that lloris is just as good. I haven't used courtois so can't comment.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Got RTG Hart in one of the packs, so that 20k covered most of the three I did this evening.

Given how hard to was to get that bloody 82 rating for the PL squad, I'm really dreading trying to get some of the higher ones...

It's my new motivation for trading now I've 3 million in the bank for when the crash comes and in the mean time every time i earn 100k trading im Gonna plow it into the sbc for schmeicheal and maybe another sbc and go from there i might have one or two of them done before end of the month would be a nice bonus.

I'm doing the gold upgrade SBCs. Getting some fantastic players from packs.
    Have gotten Eriksen (87), Pique (87),Ratikic (87) Luis Felipe (87), a host of 84 players etc.
    Its well worth while doing them I find and they come in really handy for SBCs.
    I've another 13 packs to open when I get home which is why I'm holding off on De Gea and Azpil just in case I get one of them.
    Please god not another la liga player though. I've enough of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers for the shouts on PL GK's, lads.

Courtois is only about 15,000 extra than Lloris now so I think I'll chance him.

Ederson is a bit of a shambles bar the odd outstanding stop. His kicking is great mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

shamrock55 wrote: »

A good pacey DM who has instructions to stay back does the world of good, I went from letting in 3/4/5 a match lately to letting in 0/1 since I switch from matic to IF Mooy

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    A good pacey DM who has instructions to stay back does the world of good, I went from letting in 3/4/5 a match lately to letting in 0/1 since I switch from matic to IF Mooy

Agree bakayoko is another good one too but I also like matic he seems to have excellent intercepting.

I've changed to a 442 and have won last 3 games 4-3,3-1,3-1,I'm not actually playing with a cdm at the moment,I've rakatic and isco in the centre,but I do have cassimiro and nzonzi in my squad,I always played with a cdm but the 442 just seems to suit me more ATM,however long that'll last

arghh...get fantastic chemistry with bakayoko and he turns into a donkey. In one game I lost he literally just stood and looked at a ball 4 feet from him and wouldn't make the slightest attempt to go for it. I was frantically trying to switch to him but player switching is awful in this game. And the less said about pique the better. Anyone ever remember that Ian Dowie own goal? Well Pique did a bullet of a header..into his own frakking net.
    Flogged off my team in digust..poor Pires though...he was awesome I have to say.

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm doing the gold upgrade SBCs. Getting some fantastic players from packs.
    Have gotten Eriksen (87), Pique (87),Ratikic (87) Luis Felipe (87), a host of 84 players etc.
    Its well worth while doing them I find and they come in really handy for SBCs.
    I've another 13 packs to open when I get home which is why I'm holding off on De Gea and Azpil just in case I get one of them.
    Please god not another la liga player though. I've enough of them :)

Are you just buying the golds nessecary? I do the upgrades when I get enough players to upgrade via Bronze pack method...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bought up some IF Baines in anticipation of POTM on Friday. Bought all for around 25k..don’t think he’ll drop too much more under that.

Bought up some IF Baines in anticipation of POTM on Friday. Bought all for around 25k..don’t think he’ll drop too much more under that.

He's 34k on Xbox so yeah, that's a solid investment. If I wasn't selling up over the next week, I'd defo grab some cause he'll rise naturally even without the POTM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He's 34k on Xbox so yeah, that's a solid investment. If I wasn't selling up over the next week, I'd defo grab some cause he'll rise naturally even without the POTM

Yup, I was thinking that. Lack of decent LBs in the prem as well. Might grab some Parejo and Thauvin next. Both 84s and available for around 20k

Needed one win out of the last four for gold three and couldn't get it despite having more possession and shots on target. One guy only had 3 shots on target, all from outside the box and he beats me 3-1 :mad:

Part of me is glad I didn't qualify because 40 games over a weekend is too much for me.

Anybody have any good trading tips ? I've been relying on marquee matchups and weekend league/squad battles rewards up to this point but I'd rather put my head through the wall than face another bronze wonder keeper on legendary.

SB just finished,I got gold 1 but got no rewards?

Just got them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I played, I lost. Rant over.

Advertisement