Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played a draft - 2nd round I came up against 95 Maradona, 88 Rijkaard, Hero Messi, OTW Neymar, OTW Lukaku in a 4321.... managed to hold him off til the 90th min where he scored and won 3-2. I had a pretty poor squad so was happy enough, definitely could’ve won it if luck had gone my way with a few chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you haven't tried Italian league that's my recommendation. So many good options.

Probably alot cheaper too I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Probably alot cheaper too I would imagine

Pretty much best value. The only two really expensive necessity are mertens and nainagollin if you can put the two of them in they are great.

Players like manolas in defence has high defensive are not extensive... saying that I could play with no defence they might as well not be there for me ha but it's the same with every team I built this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you haven't tried Italian league that's my recommendation. So many good options.

so trying to resist.
    My new favourite formation is 4-4-2 and having Dybala and IF Mertens up front is making me salivate.
    I've enough money to have a great team.
    Hmmm...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

POTM due out today, yeah?

Feel like I've been waiting a month for this.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    POTM due out today, yeah?

Feel like I've been waiting a month for this.

Around 5pm isn’t it?
    I chickened out and sold most of my Sane leaving me with 3-4. If he does get it and he should then I reckon they’ll definitely require his card for a man city team etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FUTBIN/status/930877310596722688

Futbin is expanding it's Import features. It will soon be able to scan what cards you have in your club and directly cross-reference them against user-submitted SBC solutions, and tell you which SBCs you can complete for free and how close you are to completing others.

It means that instead of having to search through their completed SBC lists by price, you'll be able to filter them based on what players you already have, thus showing you which are genuinely the cheapest to do.

https://twitter.com/Futhead/status/931431717390430208

**** off EA

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

EA Sports have released a statement saying that those third party extensions (e.g. the FUTBin one) are bannable offences.

Paully D wrote: »
    EA Sports have released a statement saying that those third party extensions (e.g. the FUTBin one) are bannable offences.

I really hate EA. There are one scummy company.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

EA really do not give a **** about their consumers. Especially what’s going on with the battlefront thing. Those analyzing apps are hardly cheating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭Guffy

Customers should really respond. I mean not buying a game or subscription would never take off but a mass no points day or something like that would surely make them cop the **** on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

I have the Nation Pairs SBC completed but when I press submit I get this message ( failed to submit challenge)
    Anyone else having this issue or can explain why it’s happening?

Hammo19 wrote: »
    I have the Nation Pairs SBC completed but when I press submit I get this message ( failed to submit challenge)

Yo might have a player in the SBC in a squad? Any chance you had a DNF in your last game?
    It happened to me recently while trying to submit via the app and I had to log into xbox and acknowledge DNF and then quit out again before I could submit my SBC.

On another note I was playing a guy the other night who was playing 4-4-2. He annihilated me 7-2. His forwards just constantly got into 1 on 1 positions against my defenders and keeper.. Since I loved playing this formation years ago I gave it a shot and christ its op. Next game I had something like 20 shots at goals and at least 7 situations where my striker was 1 on 1 with the keeper who played a bloody stormer.
    Defence also seemed more on the ball and my opponent rarely got a shot of.
    Have used it now for 4-5 games and really enjoying it..thrilling games ..well for me :D
    On other side I put IF Jesus and IF Son up front and they did nothing for me whereas Shevo and POTM Mane were goal machines.
    Off to try out Van Basten and maybe Kluivert if he doesn't work out to see how they get on.
    For anyone thinking of doing the Costa SBC do it ...that 90 card is absolutely fantastic no matter where he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

would the timing of this new bannable offence be connected to POTM, possibly a genk challenge for de bruyne a lot of silver and bronze players prices would rocket

Inform dybala as a cam is unbelievable good can't believe the amount of goals he scores.

I really don't have any problem with them banning people from doing that. Yes it's a great tool and used it myself recently but if it's allowing people have your account information then so be it.

The problem I have is they will randomly enforce it so someone could continuously use it but never get caught but I could use it once or twice and get banned.

This talk if protests and stuff I don't agree with it's simple if you don't like it don't buy it we all were up in arms a few years ago when they brought in price ranges but we still buy the game and now they probably help us.

Blazer wrote: »
    Around 5pm isn’t it?
    I chickened out and sold most of my Sane leaving me with 3-4. If he does get it and he should then I reckon they’ll definitely require his card for a man city team etc.

I've got 10 Otamendi (85 rated City Player), a load of Batsuayi (if KdB wins, they'll want Belgium IFs), 10 Youngs (BPL IF) and a load of discards.

Futbin says if I sell everything now, I'd have 2.5m in my account, so I'm aiming for 3 back from POTM sales :P Either way, I'm selling up. I want to start actually buying super players now.

The Futhead thing is laughable. It's blatantly EA getting annoyed that people are trying to minimize the number of coins that go into their coin sinks. As it is, they hate traders and investors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hammo19 wrote: »

I'm getting the same error...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

hots wrote: »
    I'm getting the same error...

are you doing the sbc on your app, that used to happen sometimes last year. you might fine when you go on console your loyalty is 1 off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

seamie78 wrote: »
    are you doing the sbc on your app, that used to happen sometimes last year. you might fine when you go on console your loyalty is 1 off

In the webapp I am yeah, onto support now so I'll see!

• Advertisement

Anyone have Fifa on the Switch? Wondering how it plays. Being pestered for Xmas ideas, and tempted to go halfsies on a Switch with my brother.

I've read the market is pretty bad, though that sounds like it might actually be a bit of fun if I'm relying on **** packs and such :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

hots wrote: »
    In the webapp I am yeah, onto support now so I'll see!

Same happened to me, its an error on the app, it says youve met all the requirements and you havent. Make sure youve max of two players from the same nation. I had three english and three german and it was showing as complete. Changed it to two of each and it let me submit it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Sane announced as the winner on twitter.

I was going to mention how much the futbin scanner has improved ny enjoyment of sbcs but of course EA have to try and ruin that too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Hope ye stocked up on IF Boruc... totw requirements for Sane are very heavy.

Worth noting, you can also do that SBC with one from numerous nations. I threw a load of Turkish league players, specifically Besiktas players, into it and finished with 7 nationalities in the team, and it worked fine.

It doesn't have to be 5 pairs of nations, just so long as you hit the chem requirement without more than two players from each nation

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Sane announced as the winner on twitter.

I was going to mention how much the futbin scanner has improved ny enjoyment of sbcs but of course EA have to try and ruin that too :rolleyes:

had to be him. 3 goals and 3 assists top form and well deserved.
    I wonder will his SBC require himself.

Sane Requirements

Manchester City
    # of players from Manchester City: Min 1
    # of players from Premier League: Min 4
    IF Players: Min 2
    Squad Rating: Min 83
    Team Chemistry: Min 90
    # of players in the Squad: 10

FC Schalke 04
    # of players from FC Schalke 04: Min 2
    # of players from Bundesliga: Min 5
    IF Players: Min 1
    Squad Rating: Min 83
    # of players in the Squad: 1

Germany
    of players from Germany: Min 3
    Same League Count: Max 4
    IF Players: Min 2
    Squad Rating: Min 82
    # of players in the Squad: 10

Player of the Month
    Same League Count: Max 3
    Same Nation Count: Max 4
    IF Players: Min 3
    Player Level: Exactly Gold
    # of players in the Squad: 8

Not quite the brilliant requirements I was hoping for, investment wise. Even the PL SBC can be done with any IFs, due to not needing a full PL team. :/

Actually, that won't be CRAZY expensive. Maybe round 250k ish?

I'll probably just finish Rui Costa instead, mind. But the way they structured it, it's not too bad for a POTM.

• Advertisement

kinda sad I sold my tradepile of Sane, I bought 14 of them for 23K each and he's going for 30k.

Looks like there's a push for Sane so he's being snapped up at 23K and being resold for 32k+.
    Gonna get me some of that :D

Advertisement