Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah I’d say it goes both ways tbh, so many bitter gamers out there!

It sure does it's the nature of the game it's so frustrating people get so wound up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah I’d say it goes both ways tbh, so many bitter gamers out there!

Was playing a match the other day and was absolutely battered for the whole game but I ended up sneaking a win in the 90+ min.. message pops up from yer man.. rubbing my hands with glee about to lick his salty tears

“Good game mate”

I was feckin fuming at him not being fuming :pac: the game does weird things to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Was playing a match the other day and was absolutely battered for the whole game but I ended up sneaking a win in the 90+ min.. message pops up from yer man.. rubbing my hands with glee about to lick his salty tears

“Good game mate”

I was feckin fuming at him not being fuming :pac: the game does weird things to people.

Haha I usually respond wan someone tells me how crap I am "I know I am but your really good your the best I've ever played against "

It's a real conversation killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Tried standard 442 for first time today. Absolutely love it going forward but was dodge enough defensively. Opp quit after i went 4-0 up but i felt he was always a pass away from unlocking me and a better player would have exploited it. I felt very vulnerable in the middle given the obvious 3v2 scenarion. Any suggestions on how to counter this? I tried pulling the far winger inside but was left open to the switch then. Its the lesser of two evils i guess. Should i change to narrower set up in custom tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

When do ze market prices buy rock bottom folks? Looking to get De Bruyne in but want to pay as little as possible lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Liamalone wrote: »
    When do ze market prices buy rock bottom folks? Looking to get De Bruyne in but want to pay as little as possible lol

Since everyone now knows about the "Black Friday crash" the best time to buy is probably when the special packs and 50k/100k lightning rounds are happening

But since that was previously the best time to buy it could become expensive this year, when people expect something it won't be the same as before, everyone seemed to invest for this EPL POTM and players like IF Otamendi even went down in price

I wouldn't be surprised if next Thursday after WL rewards is the cheapest time to buy over next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Such a brilliant feeling when you come up against a super-team and batter them so badly they quit after 25 minutes.

An even better feeling is when they go the effort of typing in your username (it’s much more awkward to message a stranger on PSN than XB) and sending you a message calling you a cheat! :D

I don't like this about the pn,I actually used to enjoy the bit of slagging and banter,I wish they'd put it back to the way it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

IF Baines has risen 17k in the last 5 days... once my last 2 sell + I sell off the IFs I have in my club, I can afford 85 Crespo! :D target achieved in about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think I've finally nailed down my squad with maybe changing defenders if Azpil and Luiz don't work out.
    Ended up going with otw Morata as it will give me something to look forward to with him getting upgrades throughout the year and 4-4-2 really suits him as he has 7 goals in 2 for me in multiplayer.
    Another thing I never realised was how dramatically chemistry cards affect player stats.
    I've been playing FUT since 2009 and always thought it only bumped it by 3 points or 2 in some cases but looking at futhead this year I can see how wrong I've was. In some cases their stats can increase by +15..I've readjusted my chemistry styles as a result and just need an agility card on Morata to get more out of him.

w11eUNk.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Otamendi crash, and investments in other cards not paying off, has left me far worse off then I had been planning :( Gone from building teams for 3m to teams around the 2.2 mark, and don't think I'll have funds for both Pogba AND Ronaldo, as I had hoped :(

So now I'm left wondering which to grab and build around. I could leave Ronaldo, and do something kind of French; Griezmann up front, Pogba behind with Martial and IF Mbappe either side.

Going to cash out of everything I think, and just see how much I have to play with. Its usually Febuary before I forget about trading but even without Ronaldo, I can build some awesome super teams now anyway.

• Advertisement

^^ ouch.
    Was that projected earnings or actual losses?
    I lost about 90K in total yesterday with Sane.

Blazer wrote: »
    ^^ ouch.
    Was that projected earnings or actual losses?
    I lost about 90K in total yesterday with Sane.

Last week when I ran the Futbin import tool, it had my club value (if sold for the prices things were going at that particular day) as 2.8m.

I just tallied up there that today it's 2.2m :/ So loss of about 600k, just through not selling up at the right time.

Otamendi accounts for about 250k of that. Should have sold on the hype (as warned) when he was 60k, now he's down to 40k. Batsuyai down from 45 to 40 for another 50k missed, Young down to 22k from when I bought 10 of him at 29k, and then other cards dropping a few k in value.

Upside, consumable trading took off yesterday, so I'm hoping to dedicate 75% of my trade pile going forward to that, and the other 25% to bronze pack method and just enjoy things.

I might actually try Pogba/Ronaldo anyway. I can get them for 2.1m, and that would leave me 100k and untradables to build around. That Martial from my Gold upgrade packs is about to become the star striker of my team.

2.2m cost at the moment. Might get cheaper on bids.

UBrwqIj.jpg

I found Mahrez awful. I went with Sterling who's about 20K or so more and he's miles better.

I found Mahrez awful. I went with Sterling who's about 20K or so more and he's miles better.

Yeah? I grew him in cause of his high passing stat, hoping he could hit crosses in to Ronaldo...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah? I grew him in cause of his high passing stat, hoping he could hit crosses in to Ronaldo...

He might be good at that..I found him sluggish and skills just weren't coming off for me. Probably just me.
    I found Sterling pretty nice and pacey and could well cross the ball too. I started getting headed goals again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Passing skill is pointless really. Pace and dribbling is literally all that matters, for a winger. Their shooting could be 23 and all you have to do is double tap O to guarantee a goal in a one-on-one.

7 wins from 10 in the WL. I am absolutely hating it though and can't wait for this month's to be over. Need 20 wins from 70 to get 3 red cards and after that I'm not touching WL again. Gonna get Lukaku, Lacazette and Ibrahimovic and just play seasons after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Passing skill is pointless really. Pace and dribbling is literally all that matters, for a winger. Their shooting could be 23 and all you have to do is double tap O to guarantee a goal in a one-on-one.

7 wins from 10 in the WL. I am absolutely hating it though and can't wait for this month's to be over. Need 20 wins from 70 to get 3 red cards and after that I'm not touching WL again. Gonna get Lukaku, Lacazette and Ibrahimovic and just play seasons after that.

Red cards?

Guffy wrote: »
    Red cards?

for weekend league you can get red versions of players including their IF cards. They're untradeable..
    I think they're normally that week's totw cards. Have a look on youtube and you'll see them.

https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-18-fut-champions-monthly-rewards/

Goal for Morata...get another one now you bollix for my otw card !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Goal for Morata...get another one now you bollix for my otw card !!!!!

He assisted Hazard for Chelsea's second goal too.

Liamalone wrote: »
    He assisted Hazard for Chelsea's second goal too.

sweet :) as long as every other striker has a barren spell this weekend he should get an IF.
    2 goasl for Salah..man he's a goal machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Otw Salah is going to get another boost, might sell now and buy back next week. Hes probably going to get in totgs for champions league aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just remembered I have OTW Salah in my team :)

Should be due a TOTGS too

After being stuck in Div 7 since launch, I've gotten up to Div 4 today.

Not looking forward to the losing streak this run is going to put me on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lord TSC wrote: »
    and the other 25% to bronze pack method

Is the bpm generally profitable ? I've been wondering about it myself while I wait for the price of defenders/ the rui costa sbc to come down but I don't want to end up with a club full of worthless bronzes.

7-7 in weekend league now. Just had a game where I had 15 shots on target, the other guy had 6. Lost 4-0 with every goal being a standing tackle and the ball bouncing straight to his player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've gone for a seria A side and put all my la Liga side up for sale,and even though I'm only playing with a handy team till my money from sales comes in,they already make my la Liga team look like they were running through treacle

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've gone for a seria A side and put all my la Liga side up for sale,and even though I'm only playing with a handy team till my money from sales comes in,they already make my la Liga team look like they were running through treacle

yeah I found the midfield la liga very slow this year.
    Lique 1/Serie A was also very fast attacking from midfield.

Talking of Serie A brings a tear to my eye.
    Since FUT 12 for 4 years I played with Serie A teams and especially this man..even his base card was op.

http://www.futhead.com/13/players/1426/antonio-di-natale/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Goal and an assist for Pogba.

Pretty much guaranteed in-form.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Is the bpm generally profitable ? I've been wondering about it myself while I wait for the price of defenders/ the rui costa sbc to come down but I don't want to end up with a club full of worthless bronzes.

Small profits are possible. Certainly very hard to make losses. I had a good run this evening where every 400 coin pack got me 800-1200 back.

For me, the main benefit is those "worthless bronzes" though, that I run through the various upgrade SBCs for free silvers (have nabbed many 10k silvers for the league SBCs that way, so makes them cheaper to do) and golds.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Goal and an assist for Pogba.

Pretty much guaranteed in-form.

Will that bpmake his base cards price go up or down? Bought him earlier today. He'll leave packs, so his price should go up for a while, yeah?

Advertisement