Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just played my first game with hero maguire. Brought him on around 60 min. His pace is scary!! Finishing not so much but he did score one. Seems better placing shots than striking them.

Anytime he ran through the defense onto a through ball i just sang queens, can't catch me now, cause they hadnt a notion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got gold 2 this week which I'm pretty happy with as it's my best finish so far.
    I switched to this set up half way through and found it very effective compared to the 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 I had been using before.

https://postimg.org/image/wsyxomzrb/

I used in form dembele at striker but didn't like him so I'll probably throw him into the maguire sbc. Kluivert is great wherever he plays.

:eek:

He's been my favourite find of fifa so far, Dembele up top with Mbappe (finally got a usable untradeable from the 81+ packs!), with Dembele playing as target man and mbappe dropping deep. 442(2) with wide players both turning in and full backs overlapping to almost turn it into a 4231.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If a huge icon is due this Thursday, I might go ahead and pick up some Verratti, IF Iniesta, IF David Silva etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mbappe wrote: »
    Rumors that the prime LW Ronaldinho SBC will be out on Thursday.

Stocked up on a few LW Laudrups for ~340k on ps4. If it is Ronaldinho, Laudrup's price will rocket as you'll probably need a LW icon for the SBC.

None of the sbc required a position icon yet, chemistry requirements was only 3 so really any icon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Blazer wrote: »
    None of the sbc required a position icon yet, chemistry requirements was only 3 so really any icon

Does putting a striker or CM in a LW position not give 0 chem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I just picked up OTW Salah for 277k. Everybody wants that striker card. Crazy crash.

Sold him for 380k today. Will buy him back again Friday when he inevitably crashes again. He will probs get a TOTGS card as well so will sell on hype there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can see him needing at least 2 tbh. Agree it won't be a position based SBC, but I can see his requirements being utterly insane.

Lordy lordy, my luck today.

Decided to turn my bronzes into silvers, silvers into golds, and golds into rare golds.

As such, I can honestly say that the Bronze Pack Method just nabbed me a free Buffon. 50k to buy at the moment. My luck today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lordy lordy, my luck today.

Decided to turn my bronzes into silvers, silvers into golds, and golds into rare golds.

As such, I can honestly say that the Bronze Pack Method just nabbed me a free Buffon. 50k to buy at the moment. My luck today :D

you buying 400 or 750 packs?

SeanHarty wrote: »
    you buying 400 or 750 packs?

Always find it easier to get back my coins on the 400 coin packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

hots wrote: »
    :eek:

He's been my favourite find of fifa so far

Idk it could just be me since I'm used to jesus and barca dembele. For 12k I can't complain.
    I can see him needing at least 2 tbh. Agree it won't be a position based SBC, but I can see his requirements being utterly insane.

One thing I think would be interesting/definitely won't happen would be requiring neymar since he's a brazilian lw who plays for psg and would cost around the same as a lower icon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Agree it won't be a position based SBC.

Any particular reason why?

With the prime icons that have needed an Icon SBC so far, the icon spot that has to be filled is the position of the prime icon.

Mbappe wrote: »
    Does putting a striker or CM in a LW position not give 0 chem?

Actually you’re right. Ridiculous requirements.
    The prime Costa had to be the best sbc in that no icon were required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Idk it could just be me since I'm used to jesus and barca dembele. For 12k I can't complain.

One thing I think would be interesting/definitely won't happen would be requiring neymar since he's a brazilian lw who plays for psg and would cost around the same as a lower icon.

Fair, I'm definitely lower tier and only have the likes of IF Locadia and Mandzukic as my other favourite strikers :o

In terms of comparison to other decent players, I've gotten far more impact out of Dembele than say SBC Promes (who's also great). For the time being probably my favourite player I've used this fifa, close with Christiansen.

Lost patience with Otamendi. Sold him at 48k which hurts when he was 60k last week.

Still, finally bought myself Ronaldo.

Pogba feeding Ronaldo balls feels like cheating. Murdering people in Div 4, up to Div 3. Three games, three rage quits. Including one where the guy went two up, and dabbed, only to die 6-2.

Yes, I dabbed at every one of my goals too :P

No one on my friends list plays fifa so if anyone on playstation wants to do the friendly season objective for the rainbow kit I'd be happy to help.

psn is gyecxw. Feel free to send a friend request anyway :)

Jesus

Just played a guy there with loads of prime legends; Ronaldo, Guillt, Vieira, Blanc, Maldini and Zanetti, coupled with IF Son, Pogba and Messi. And then Henry and Ronaldo on at 65 minutes.

He won 3-2, celebrating all three of his goals for the max time he could :rolleyes:

Jesus

Just played a guy there with loads of prime legends; Ronaldo, Guillt, Vieira, Blanc, Maldini and Zanetti, coupled with IF Son, Pogba and Messi. And then Henry and Ronaldo on at 65 minutes.

He won 3-2, celebrating all three of his goals for the max time he could :rolleyes:

How can he have lots of primes? There’s only been 6 released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus

We might have come up against the same guy - PS? Played him on Sunday in single matches.

man low driven shots are really broken. I just played some guy and just for the laugh did 3 low driven shots with IF Zaha,,.the ball basically travelled about 10mph and the keeper still couldn't save them..hat trick for zaha..the guy rage quit obviously and I can't blame him..although he was one of those tika taka players so lol anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

man low driven shots are really broken. I just played some guy and just for the laugh did 3 low driven shots with IF Zaha,,.the ball basically travelled about 10mph and the keeper still couldn't save them..hat trick for zaha..the guy rage quit obviously and I can't blame him..although he was one of those tika taka players so lol anyway

They have been broken since fifa 17 and that's no slight exaggeration it's the number one way to score.

We might have come up against the same guy - PS? Played him on Sunday in single matches.

Xbox

Out of Div 3 with no wins. Just super team after super team, spamming low shots :/ there's no way to defend them most of the time :(

Do the necessary conditions for the daily knockout tournament carry over to the weekend league ? I hope not because if you can only use one nation it'll just be all french teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Do the necessary conditions for the daily knockout tournament carry over to the weekend league ? I hope not because if you can only use one nation it'll just be all french teams.

You can check requirements for the upcoming tournaments for the next two weeks of you go into schedule in the weekend league section.

This weekend's requirements are no training items which seems to be scheduled for most of the tournament in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I take it this is a bad wk to be selling players,I still have alot of players who aren't shifting,I see they are going alot cheaper should prices go up again after Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Depends on the players you have. I think the market crash seems to have passed about a week ago. Prices back to where they were mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I take it this is a bad wk to be selling players,I still have alot of players who aren't shifting,I see they are going alot cheaper should prices go up again after Friday?

I'm going to hold off a while before I go selling. I managed to buy an IF Boruc for 13,250 thanks to a heads up from here. I remember reading on here that someone had bought him for 12,500 and sold for around 18,000 so I'm going to hold on to him for a while as he only seems to be selling for around what I bought him for.

Also packed Sokratis in a SB reward pack. He's only selling for just over 20,000 when he has gone for 30,000+ before. I'm happy to hold on to both for a while as I can't see them getting any cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Patiently waiting for nif De Bruyne to drop below 200k, not quite there yet :(

Jesus, I know it's cause I put Pogba, Ronaldo and Buffon into my team, so my rating has gone way up.

But it's just super team after super team since last night, all of them with two or three Icons. It's very obvious the game is matching me with people of similiar team ratings, cause I've not really found things a whole lot easier since I upgraded dramatically :/

• Advertisement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-21-fifa-18-players-speak-out-over-futs-gruelling-weekend-league

An article I found interesting and agree with. Personally i'll give up weekend league after next weekend because it was an interesting thing to try for a month but 40 games is simply too much for me.

I hope that when the November weekend league is finished they use it as an opportunity to update it so that the time period is longer ( maybe even the whole week and just let everybody auto qualify) and make all matches play in a standard stadium with black and white kits to stop people quitting when they see they're playing away/ the other guy has a gold/elite monthly kit.

Advertisement