Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

Gyan84 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-21-fifa-18-players-speak-out-over-futs-gruelling-weekend-league

An article I found interesting and agree with. Personally i'll give up weekend league after next weekend because it was an interesting thing to try for a month but 40 games is simply too much for me.

I hope that when the November weekend league is finished they use it as an opportunity to update it so that the time period is longer ( maybe even the whole week and just let everybody auto qualify) and make all matches play in a standard stadium with black and white kits to stop people quitting when they see they're playing away/ the other guy has a gold/elite monthly kit.

I can't believe they disbanded the unquestionably fair(all players 88) system of FIWC and pushed it into the cheese/grind fest of TWL.

Talk about ruining the competitive nature of that side of FIFA.

Linking the championships to UT was a ridiculous decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Mbappe wrote: »
    Stocked up on a few LW Laudrups for ~340k on ps4. If it is Ronaldinho, Laudrup's price will rocket as you'll probably need a LW icon for the SBC.

Laudrup’s price risen to 390k already. Debating whether or not to sell and take the profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    But it's just super team after super team since last night, all of them with two or three Icons. It's very obvious the game is matching me with people of similiar team ratings, cause I've not really found things a whole lot easier since I upgraded dramatically :/

Lord TSC wrote:
    Jesus, I know it's cause I put Pogba, Ronaldo and Buffon into my team, so my rating has gone way up.

And that's not a good thing?

I think they need to be even stricter on it to be honest. I'm sick of playing epic teams in my WL when I barely have a team worth 200k.

It's only fair to play teams near your own value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

RossieMan wrote: »

I think they need to be even stricter on it to be honest. I'm sick of playing epic teams in my WL when I barely have a team worth 200k.

Not really tbh, the drawing of teams for weekend league should be relatively random with a spread of people regardless of rating of teams. The game however is scripted particularly in weekend league to bring you up against players with similar skill levels and record. It really just needs to be completely random, people who invest and spend time building a team shouldnt be consistently drawn against similar teams, it discourages people to build super teams. That said, i absolutely love getting drawn against top rated teams, the standard of player in my experience isnt amazing and you can usually get a rage quit quickly against some of those teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's not how it should work tho.

What's the point in building up an epic team only to end up playing all the same level teams if that's the case we may as Well just play seasons.

I don't see the point it spending time trading and building up teams when it won't get you an edge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's not how it should work tho.

What's the point in building up an epic team only to end up playing all the same level teams if that's the case we may as Well just play seasons.

I don't see the point it spending time trading and building up teams when it won't get you an edge.

Taking that into account then whats the point in me even playing?

I don't have a "Super Team" my most expensive player is ridiger.

if I kept on coming up against teams filled with icons I would lose interest pretty fast.

Why do people with Super Teams want to play guys with sh!t teams? just play alone on easy mode....

SeanHarty wrote: »

if I kept on coming up against teams filled with icons I would lose interest pretty fast.

Why do people with Super Teams want to play guys with sh!t teams? just play alone on easy mode....

Its different argument with weekend league though, thats competitive and should be random players as opposed to matching highly rated teams all the time. If you've a low rated team play seasons and build up a decent squad and you'll be drawn against players of a similar ilk. I enjoy getting drawn against those icon teams. I dont have any icons but traded up to a decent squad for the first time this year and it's much more enjoyable even though my team is only probably slightly above average

SeanHarty wrote: »

It's not that I want to play guys with **** teams I just don't want it fixed that I'm only playing guys with icons and training cards on their players the games should be open and random.

I dont know about you but for me I dont play the game to be champion I play it to trade and to use different players and play with the best players i can earn I'd say I have lost more games to 82 rated teams then I have to 87 rated teams its not easier playing lower teams if the player himself is good.

If you don't want to be playing against top teams in a mode where the idea is to earn the best squad you can then why bother is right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

duffman13 wrote: »
    Its different argument with weekend league though, thats competitive and should be random players as opposed to matching highly rated teams all the time. If you've a low rated team play seasons and build up a decent squad and you'll be drawn against players of a similar ilk. I enjoy getting drawn against those icon teams. I dont have any icons but traded up to a decent squad for the first time this year and it's much more enjoyable even though my team is only probably slightly above average

Apologies I must have misunderstood, thought they wanted that matching system across all of UT.

if your playing a competitive version then I would be more open to the idea of playing anyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To clarify...

There's two ways to build super teams. Either a **** tonne of time invested, or a **** tonne of cash. Either way, you're investing so much into building up the "Ultimate Team" that it shouldn't then fundamentally make your investments redundant by upgrading the level of player you're up against.

The point of the FUT Seasons mode is that you, in theory, are being put against people of roughly similar skill level. If there's then a second layer in match making (trying to keep team ratings balanced too), it makes the investments pointless. Why bother spending all that time or all that cash if you don't get some sort of advantage?

I realize not everyone has super teams. But, to be blunt, thats because they haven't invested the same time of time or money into the game, and typically games which require that investment don't actually punish you for doing so. And I'd expect that the leveling off should come further down the line, rather than immediately; if I build a super team and get to Div 1, and THEN meet other superteams, grand. But that change shouldn't be immediate cause it drains the fun out of actually building the team.

Anyway, selling Pogba (who I got all my coins back on) and Ronaldo (My ADHD is making me want to spread the investment out...).

• Advertisement

I don't see UT as a time rewarder, to be honest. I play weekend league and squad battles and still come back with nothing.

This trading ****e people do is a load of bollocks, that's not what Fifa is. You should get rewarded for playing the game.

I still get elite every week with my team, there's no issue there as per with super teams are generally ****e because they can't actually play the game.

I still think UT is for people who aren't very good a the game, seasons has much better level of players.

I don't see UT as a time rewarder, to be honest. I play weekend league and squad battles and still come back with nothing.

This trading ****e people do is a load of bollocks, that's not what Fifa is. You should get rewarded for playing the game.

I still get elite every week with my team, there's no issue there as per with super teams are generally ****e because they can't actually play the game.

I still think UT is for people who aren't very good a the game, seasons has much better level of players.

Sorry but I cannot disagree more you have game modes in fifa ultimate team is all about trading if you don't trade then either buy 100s of euros worth of packs or you play seasons mode it's as simple as that.

If you never traded and never bought packs the rewards from game to game would nearly cover player contracts and injurie cards it's not possible.

As for the level of player that's definitely false I can play seasons mode and be up to league 1 in a matter of weeks it's taken me months to get to division 3 in ultimate team.

With the greatest of respect, who are you to tell me and others what is and isn't "what Fifa is"?

I pay my money for the game, I get hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of the game over the year. Given 90% of my enjoyment is trading, and has been for years, that very much is what Fifa is to me. You're entitled to play Fifa however you want, and I'd never lambast anyone for finding their own fun in a game, so please drop the sanctimonious "hollier than thou" attitude towards how others get enjoyment from the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

While I agree that the rewards for individual matches are awful and ultimately rewards are all luck, if you're getting elite in weekend league every week you're getting a minimum of 70k plus the totw players and the other pack, you can't really claim you're not being rewarded for playing. Whether you get rewarded enough is a matter of opinion of course and will differ on the person and their pack luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Never played weekend league, never even tried to qualify tbf, is it worth the hassle, probably won’t go for it this week cause of the 1 nationality rule

astradave wrote: »
    Never played weekend league, never even tried to qualify tbf, is it worth the hassle, probably won’t go for it this week cause of the 1 nationality rule

It's only one nationality up until tomorrow morning then there are no requirements for daily knockout.

It's worth it if you have plenty of spare time on your hands over the weekend if you dont you won't get much games in.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's only one nationality up until tomorrow morning then there are no requirements for daily knockout.

It's worth it if you have plenty of spare time on your hands over the weekend if you dont you won't get much games in.

With herself ready to pop anytime I’ve plenty of time to sit at home twiddling my thumbs :D

Hmm, with my untradeable Cavani, Buffon and Barzagli, as well as some other cards, I've just realised I can do the 86 rated squad for Rui Costa a hell of a lot cheaper than the 200k Futbin is advising....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm, with my untradeable Cavani, Buffon and Barzagli, as well as some other cards, I've just realised I can do the 86 rated squad for Rui Costa a hell of a lot cheaper than the 200k Futbin is advising....

if only we had a plugin that would tell you this :rolleyes: frakking ea

Got reus in my matchups this week I've had great luck in them.

20171121_183357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Blazer wrote: »
    if only we had a plugin that would tell you this :rolleyes: frakking ea
    Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm in a similar boat with an untradeable veratti and chiellini.
    Would it be worth it to buy scream cards now instead of the likes of buffon and pepe since they're slightly cheaper and will probably be boosted on the 3rd ?

I really wish futbin just left the import and analyzer up because with the battlefront fiasco and the #fixfifa thing I doubt they'd start another mess by banning people for making sbcs easier,

To be honest ive won seasons division 1 title multiple time every year in Fifa, id usually only win division 1 on ultimate team 2 or 3 times a year in Fifa. I prefer seasons but i think there is now a much higher level if player at the top level of ultimate team IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dunno what I'm doing wrong but I got beaten 4-3 earlier in fut qualifier by a bloody bronze team,they were bloody outrunning my 90 pace players and bullying me all over the park,I'm really getting sick of this game now tbh,there's no realism in FIFA 18 whatsoever

duffman13 wrote: »
    To be honest ive won seasons division 1 title multiple time every year in Fifa, id usually only win division 1 on ultimate team 2 or 3 times a year in Fifa. I prefer seasons but i think there is now a much higher level if player at the top level of ultimate team IMO

I think the opposite...skill in seasons will definitely take you to the top..whereas in fut it really depends on your luck.
    Don't get me wrong..I love FUT but I really wish EA would drop the scripting or "momentum" as they call it out of it and just make it like seasons. But then of course your average player wouldn't stand a chance really. I mean what fun if your superteam player by a really skillful player beat all around him.

As blazer has said, it's luck/scripting and building the best team.

I've lost to ****e people in the WL just because they've had a better team and I simply cannot break them down.

I wasn't trying to bash on UT player skill earlier or how people play it. I personally just find it ****ty that there isn't more rewards for actual gameplay. 2 ****ty mega packs for 41 games of squad battles I got last week.

Such a waste of time.

As blazer has said, it's luck/scripting and building the best team.

I've lost to ****e people in the WL just because they've had a better team and I simply cannot break them down.

I wasn't trying to bash on UT player skill earlier or how people play it. I personally just find it ****ty that there isn't more rewards for actual gameplay. 2 ****ty mega packs for 41 games of squad battles I got last week.

Such a waste of time.

I've basically given up on squad battles..play 6-7 games for gold and then get my 2 gold packs and a few coins..screw the grinding.

Does the marquee and I just know EA are going to screw me by giving me a player I traded in....Jamie frakkin Milner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ive stopped playing UT already this year
    Fifa is boring me tbh
    Nearly grabbed Pro if only to try some new modes
    I wish Fifa had a decent career mode but its really very meh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hamsik the best card from my Marquee Matchups this week, better than usual but my pack luck has gone to shîte in general. It was much better last year when I didn’t spend a penny on FIFA points, I think they know that they have me by the balls now so I never get anything decent anymore.

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ive stopped playing UT already this year
    Fifa is boring me tbh
    Nearly grabbed Pro if only to try some new modes
    I wish Fifa had a decent career mode but its really very meh

Gonna switchbover to normal seasons myself for a bit.. after a good start I’ve seriously gotten frustrated with UT. Gonna take a break

Advertisement