Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    They will pal you will get a jumbo premium rare contract pack untradeable and a nice jersey.

Gotta love the lovely free jerseys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I'm so bad at trading lads. Ive lost most of my money and gained nothing for it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14murphy wrote: »
    I'm so bad at trading lads. Ive lost most of my money and gained nothing for it :(

What are you doing? Just so we can help give some tips

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I noticed that LF/RF players are going for silly money because of the SBC that requires the two of them.

Most probably don't realize they need their chemistry to be in order, too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Trying do some trading at it's just impossible buying anything cheap and I don't want to use up my hours on console to do it so I'll just wait until the 26th.

• Advertisement

Earned few coins buying and selling young guy from USA who plays Werder Bremen II.

It's only because someone bought it for 200 just after I put it up on sale.

I guess it could be one person trying to buy them all?

right, gonna start opening some packs.

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Joao Mario
    4. Vazquez, 1500 coins
    5. Free silver pack
    6. Nothing
    7. Nothing

I've had three players called Costa, and none of the, any of the good ones...

8. Nothing
    9. kaka
    10. Nothing
    11. Perotti
    12. Zabelletta, the Beurneubau
    13. Nothing
    14. Christensen (might for for a little bit actually...), Ashley Williams (nonrare but I'll use him for a bit), 1000 coins
    15. Nothing
    16. Nothing
    17. Nothing
    18. Sakho
    19. Nkoudou, Wembley
    20. Nothing
    21. Nothing
    22. Nothing
    23. 4000 coins
    24. Nothing
    25. Nothing

Bout quarter way through, gonna play some games. Got enough to build a starter team, and loads of dross to quick sell and stuff.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What are you doing? Just so we can help give some tips

Trying to make 200 profit off of Carrick :rolleyes:. Whats the story with bronze pack method ?

Trying to make 200 profit off of Carrick :rolleyes:. Whats the story with bronze pack method ?

Have you tried the withdrawal method????? :*

Haha, ironically, I've done a little bit of Carrick this morning and done ok. Be patient with that. I'll do a BpM write up in a while

• Advertisement

Haha, ironically, I've done a little bit of Carrick this morning and done ok. Be patient with that. I'll do a BpM write up in a while

Thanks dude, always a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Hybrid Nations sbc has an sbc in it that costs around 6k and gives a prime pack(12 players, 6 gold, 6 rare) normally a 45k pack or so.

Of course my best pull from it was Sneijder so play at your own risk.

right, gonna start opening some packs.

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Joao Mario
    4. Vazquez, 1500 coins
    5. Free silver pack
    6. Nothing
    7. Nothing

I've had three players called Costa, and none of the, any of the good ones...

8. Nothing
    9. kaka
    10. Nothing
    11. Perotti
    12. Zabelletta, the Beurneubau
    13. Nothing
    14. Christensen (might for for a little bit actually...), Ashley Williams (nonrare but I'll use him for a bit), 1000 coins
    15. Nothing
    16. Nothing
    17. Nothing
    18. Sakho
    19. Nkoudou, Wembley
    20. Nothing
    21. Nothing
    22. Nothing
    23. 4000 coins
    24. Nothing
    25. Nothing

Bout quarter way through, gonna play some games. Got enough to build a starter team, and loads of dross to quick sell and stuff.

As soon as Nothing will be needed for sbc you will be rich.

Right, the Bronze Pack Method.

I'll start off by saying, I don't know if its worth doing massively at the moment. It benefits as the game goes on, as will become clear. It certainly isn't worth while during Early Access, imo, since few will be buying bronze fitness or injury cards.

The basic idea is that the 450 coin bronze packs are nearly pure profit, 90% of the time.

Players: Players will vary. You're looking mainly for players needed for SBCs, usually the League SBCs. So at the moment, thats Mexico and Portugal. They will usually either sell at a higher price, or at the very least just sell for 200 coins pretty quickly. Rare bronzes can be 1000 coins easily. I also found success in selling English players. If they got the English flag, I list them up for 150/200 coins, and while they may take a few goes, they usually sell eventually, as people use them for most of the SBCs, including plain old upgrade ones. As the year goes on, and more League SBCs go up, more of the players sell (this is why it might be slow at the moment, there's not as many league SBCs).

Also with players, with the slower/non sellers, you've got a few choices. Quicksell them for a few coins back. Hold onto them long term, in case there's any that will come in handy in SBCs (as an example, once or twice, there was SBCs that needed Korean players; if you have 100 Koreans in your club, you can find they sell for 5k each.) Or upgrade them through SBCs. I like that method myself; 11 bronze players can be upgraded to 2 Silver players. Keep the silvers you'll need for SBCs, put the rest into the Gold SBC. Keep the good ones, upgrade again, and etc. I got a tonne of good players this way last year; Lloris, Ozil and plenty of higher rated cards. Also a tonne of rare silvers that would have set me back 10k each, but let me complete SBCs cheaper. It can be time consuming upgrading though.

You get 3-5 players per pack, and usually get at least 1 which will net you 200 back.

Contracts:
    Either quick sell or use them. They won't sell for anything on the auction market.

Fitness: Your guaranteed profit. Non-rare fitness cards will sell eventually at 200 coins a pop, and you usually get at least 1 or 2 per pack. Sometimes three. They might go a bit slower, but if you've got 50 of them in your pile, they do go eventually. Also, during weekend league, they will sell even quicker. Usually after three or four cycles.

Squad fitness are gold. Usually you can instantly sell them for round 1000 coins, so that covers 2 packs. Everything else in those two packs are profit. You get one every 5 or so packs.

Injury cards: "All Injuries +1" will sell quickly for round 800 coins. Leg and foot (I think) usually sell for 500-700 coins. All others, just scrap (or keep for yourself)

Balls, Stadiums, Managers, Staff: If you want to use them, keep them. Otherwise, just quick sell.

So, basically, you're trying to sell good players, all fitness cards, and specific injury cards. The idea is most packs, you break even. Some packs, you turn small profits. And some packs, you score big profits.

For me, its a fun side thing to do when I can't be arsed mass bidding on things, or just want to mess around. The main fun is you are opening hundreds of packs that are costing next to nothing, and typically at least give their value back. If you net an IF or a super rare player, you can make a few thousand very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Is anyone else still unable to get into transfers, I play on ps4

seamie78 wrote: »
    Is anyone else still unable to get into transfers, I play on ps4

Is it telling you to play more games?

Not going to bother listing every pack. Too depressing. SO rather, the interesting players I got.

Giroud, Wanyama, Horn, Otamendi, Banega, Clyne, Bernat, Gamiero

About 105k in coins from quick selling and coins in packs. Loads of consumables and I'll sell a good bit.

Gonna say I'll have about 150k once I sell everything up.

Like...pack luck is dreadful, but I go in with the intentions of getting coins rather than players, so I can start trading :)

Uhh just to inform the people that don't have early access to small but massive changes to online play that will make the game better for everyone.

First one is that quick transfers have been kept on for ultimate team you have to set them before every game but it's handy for quick subs due to fatigue.

And the second one I noticed and its something I've been wanting for years is when a player wants to go into subs and tactics he pauses the game but the game does not stop until ball goes out of play I am a massive fan of this.

Noticed quick subs earlier. Thrilled.

Noticed that since I was keeping all NOS players, I actually have the foundations for a good team there. Buying Doumbia for some pace abuse :P

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lord TSC wrote:
    Not going to bother listing every pack. Too depressing. SO rather, the interesting players I got.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Giroud, Wanyama, Horn, Otamendi, Banega, Clyne, Bernat, Gamiero

Lord TSC wrote:
    About 105k in coins from quick selling and coins in packs. Loads of consumables and I'll sell a good bit.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Gonna say I'll have about 150k once I sell everything up.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Like...pack luck is dreadful, but I go in with the intentions of getting coins rather than players, so I can start trading

Did you buy fifa coins to start off with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

jayo26 wrote:
    Is it telling you to play more games?

It's saying to log on to ps4. I have pre-ordered game but can't download it yet

Did you buy fifa coins to start off with?

Yeap. I drop €100 on day one and thats my lot for the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeap. I drop €100 on day one and thats my lot for the year :)

I always do that..and resist for 2 months and then drop around 20 a month then..since I don't smoke and barely drink its easy to justify :D

Also Serie A is pretty cheap again this year. Always get a nice team going early with it.
    Icardi is going for 2.5K and Insigne for 5-15k ..

Noticed quick subs earlier. Thrilled.

Noticed that since I was keeping all NOS players, I actually have the foundations for a good team there. Buying Doumbia for some pace abuse :P

Just quick sold all my players up to 180k did bit of trading too tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can anyone tell me if this bugbear of mine has been changed...... Where you press pause but have lost possession and then the notification pops up telling you that you don't have the ball - and it stays there for like forever!

Still present?

seamie78 wrote: »
    It's saying to log on to ps4. I have pre-ordered game but can't download it yet

Is your account new? If it thinks you have a new account you have to play about 30 games before you can access transfer market on apps.

Liamalone wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if this bugbear of mine has been changed...... Where you press pause but have lost possession and then the notification pops up telling you that you don't have the ball - and it stays there for like forever!

Hate that too but I'm hopefully with what was said earlier that the game doesn't pause till there's a break in the match that it will be gone now

Liamalone wrote: »

Still present?

No a small notification comes up to say your pause menu is qued and then game pauses when ball goes out of play so it don't matter who has possession anymore can request pause at any time and it won't stop game straight away...

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

jayo26 wrote:
    And the second one I noticed and its something I've been wanting for years is when a player wants to go into subs and tactics he pauses the game but the game does not stop until ball goes out of play I am a massive fan of this.

Thank God. That was badly needed!

• Advertisement

So how are people finding the game itself?

Advertisement