Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm waiting to get my elite monthly rewards then I'm off it for a while.

Black Friday seems to have kicked into gear again today too. Prices dropping way down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What's the best overall formation to use,I'm struggling to stick to one tbh and am changing alot which doesn't help me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What's the best overall formation to use,I'm struggling to stick to one tbh and am changing alot which doesn't help me

I tend to rotate between 4321, 41212(2) or 4312. All the 433 formations are also decent barring false 9...I can never get used to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

shamrock55 wrote: »

I'm having good luck and really enjoying 4231 this year it's a really good balance for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

Belgium are responding to EAs muck up with Star Wars by basically saying loot boxes are gambling, and want the, outlawed, not just in Belgium but across Europe.

I have no idea what way that woul impact FUT. packs are loot boxes so would have to go if that happened. What form would FUT take without packs? Would it be able to exist at all, given packs are basically the entire point (even if you don't buy them yourself, every player you have came from a pack at one point or another).

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

Belgium are responding to EAs muck up with Star Wars by basically saying loot boxes are gambling, and want the, outlawed, not just in Belgium but across Europe.

I have no idea what way that woul impact FUT. packs are loot boxes so would have to go if that happened. What form would FUT take without packs? Would it be able to exist at all, given packs are basically the entire point (even if you don't buy them yourself, every player you have came from a pack at one point or another).

Surely it couldn't exist ea would have no interest in off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Surely it couldn't exist ea would have no interest in off then.

If EA lost packs in FUT it would be a disaster for them. FUT is worth 500 million dollars a year to them.
    It would be no harm if they were investigated for them as they might improve the rewards then etc.
    The pack weightings for players like Ronaldo and Messi are 1 in 5 million which is farcical.If EA had to make the packs transparent it would definitely reduce their value hence they would have to increase rewards.
    At the moment they are milking it for as much as they can while delivering a lackluster product.
    To be honest when micro transactions start affecting gameplay then it’s time to get rid of them.
    Look at the latest starwars. By all means there’s a great game in there and especially the space combat but is ruined by micro transactions. And players who had more time had unlocked the more powerful perks for their craft meaning beginners are struggling to rank up hence the push toward micro transactions.
    It was the same for BF3 when it launched. The jet fighter only had a 20mm canon and the people who played early got unlocked the 30mm and the air to air missiles.
    Then when normal players joined the game they couldn’t shoot any other planes down. There was a huge backlash against it and EA had to reduce the requirements but when the micro transactions was released weeks early everyone knew why it was so hard.
    EA really are a scummy company who are out to gouge their customers as much as possible but I’m as much to blame since I buy the FUT packs which allows them to continue.

Screw it's, out of desperation, I'm building Man United.

OTW Lukaku just dipped below 700k for the first time. Gonna grab RTG Rashford and play the two with Martial up front. IF Fellaini, IF DDG, IF Young.

Can't justify IF Valencia cause of his crazy price though. 350k on a RB is too much for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

OTW Lukaku just dipped below 700k for the first time. Gonna grab RTG Rashford and play the two with Martial up front. IF Fellaini, IF DDG, IF Young.

Can't justify IF Valencia cause of his crazy price though. 350k on a RB is too much for me...

I've already built the cheap mans United team. IF Young, Martial, Rashford, Mikhi, Matic. I was going to add Bailey and Valencia but I just may aswell play season if I did that.

Valencia stats are crazy tho look at his pace and stamina and defensive stats not to mention passing.

• Advertisement

Valencia stats are crazy tho look at his pace and stamina and defensive stats not to mention passing.

Yeah, I do get that. I just don't know if it's worth paying quite literally ten times the price for that upgrade at the moment. He'd be a lot lot cheaper if he wasn't a Week 0 IF, so there's a small supply of him,

I'll judge how I'm doing once I grab Pogba and DDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

What's the point of building a team on UT of players from the same team? Would you not be better off playing Seasons? Half the fun for me is mixing and matching players from various clubs in the one team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Re the loot boxes/packs, if it was up to me any game that contains a mechanism for directly or indirectly swapping money for unknown items ( ie gambling) would immediately receive an 18 rating and have to have a portion of the box art dedicated to gambleaware like the betting ads do. I think if parents had to accompany their little timmy in to gamestop to pick up fifa and saw an 18 rating and gambleaware on a sports game, that would probably give them the push to ask the person behind the counter what the hell is going on.

Is it harsh? Yes, but this is the first time in all my years of gaming when I've been literally appalled at the conduct of game companies. When dlc/microtransactions hit the scene I didn't like them but it's crazy to think the likes of horse armor and gta online dollars are somewhat benign in the sense you know what you're getting and it isn't geared towards targeting vulnerable people and children.

Maybe I'm overreacting but the community should play a better role too. I can't believe that Nepenthez guy is one of the most popular fifa youtubers when he was literally found guilty of using his channel to get his young demographic addicted to gambling for profit.

But maybe I'm in the wrong/ a minority on this one since I've never bought loot boxes/ packs with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Re the loot boxes/packs, if it was up to me any game that contains a mechanism for directly or indirectly swapping money for unknown items ( ie gambling) would immediately receive an 18 rating and have to have a portion of the box art dedicated to gambleaware like the betting ads do. I think if parents had to accompany their little timmy in to gamestop to pick up fifa and saw an 18 rating and gambleaware on a sports game, that would probably give them the push to ask the person behind the counter what the hell is going on.

Is it harsh? Yes, but this is the first time in all my years of gaming when I've been literally appalled at the conduct of game companies. When dlc/microtransactions hit the scene I didn't like them but it's crazy to think the likes of horse armor and gta online dollars are somewhat benign in the sense you know what you're getting and it isn't geared towards targeting vulnerable people and children.

Maybe I'm overreacting but the community should play a better role too. I can't believe that Nepenthez guy is one of the most popular fifa youtubers when he was literally found guilty of using his channel to get his young demographic addicted to gambling for profit.

But maybe I'm in the wrong/ a minority on this one since I've never bought loot boxes/ packs with money.

I think your spot on there mate, most of us are grown ups and know the risks but I can only imagine the pressure kids are putting on parents to buy packs.

Redo91 wrote: »
    What's the point of building a team on UT of players from the same team? Would you not be better off playing Seasons? Half the fun for me is mixing and matching players from various clubs in the one team.

As I said before, I've got ADHD when it comes to building teams. I tried one with Ronaldo, I tried the Bundesliga team, I switch teams at a scary pace. I've been using a hybrid with Memphis, Lochida and Lozano mainly, but I'm getting very bored with the game. So I'm going to try a United based one now. I do at some stage every year anyway, and I've got the coins to mess about. If it gets me a few days enjoyment, so be it.

I can see me taking a long break when this one doesn't work...

I6NReK7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RE: Valencia. His normal card is more than good enough IMO. I won it in a pack and find him excellent. No need to go spending crazy money on the IF :)

I started following him recently and never equated him with that case. I remember reading about it alright so that’s an unsubscribe straightaway from me.

Blazer wrote: »
    I started following him recently and never equated him with that case. I remember reading about it alright so that’s an unsubscribe straightaway from me.

I was the same. I've only a passing interest in the fifa streamers and reddit but I was reading a post along the lines of 'Nepenthez appreciation topic' and under the posts saying how great he was was a link to the court case.

Anyway back to the game itself. I've always lost interest in Ultimate team before black friday before this year so what exactly happens to cause the market to crash ?

I was the same. I've only a passing interest in the fifa streamers and reddit but I was reading a post along the lines of 'Nepenthez appreciation topic' and under the posts saying how great he was was a link to the court case.

Anyway back to the game itself. I've always lost interest in Ultimate team before black friday before this year so what exactly happens to cause the market to crash ?

Well loads of people buy new Xbox and fifa in deals which means a lot of new packs being opened. Also since Black Friday was originally conceived to encourage people to spend money in the states after they receive tax back a lot more people buy packs etc and essentially the market is flooded with players hence driving prices down.

Well, OtW Lukaku is utterly delightful.

IF avalencia doesn't seem to be a real upgrade though so gonna downgrade him.

But as it stands, I can't see me ever selling Lukaku. S incredible.

• Advertisement

Ahh the annual 80s club nainagollin makes an appearance probably be totally over priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Paully D wrote: »
    RE: Valencia. His normal card is more than good enough IMO. I won it in a pack and find him excellent. No need to go spending crazy money on the IF :)

The Valencia IF will hold value though...very rare card. The only thing that would hurt it a bit is if Walker or Aurier get informs.

Man whatever about no if for Morata but none for Salah and Pogba gets one? Joke

https://t.co/mJx2U7OtwQ

Hazard, Nainggolan, Vidal, Pogba, Insigne and Icardi in the same totw.

Weekend league will be great craic so :pac:

Man whatever about no if for Morata but none for Salah and Pogba gets one? Joke

https://t.co/mJx2U7OtwQ

Salah is probably getting a TOTGS card, so they'll hold off for that (otherwise, his stats will be utterly insane). Pogba was always getting one too given his preformance at the weekend.

Salah is probably getting a TOTGS card, so they'll hold off for that (otherwise, his stats will be utterly insane). Pogba was always getting one too given his preformance at the weekend.

Joke, he only got a goal. Morata had a goal and an assist
    No if for Suarez either which is a farce
    EA know a load of people will drop money on packs for Pogba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mbappe

Joke, he only got a goal. Morata had a goal and an assist
    No if for Suarez either which is a farce
    EA know a load of people will drop money on packs for Pogba

Pogba had an assist as well. Played well too, all on his return from injury.

He's a midfielder, Morata is a striker. Midfielders scoring and assisting are always more likely to get in. Besides, it's well known that EA don't like giving IFs to more than one player on each team, and Hazard was always getting it for Chelsea.

Some shower of moaners yez are :):)

Some shower of moaners yez are :):)

Of course. I want ..no I demand an upgrade for my otw Morata :)

• Advertisement

Of course. I want ..no I demand an upgrade for my otw Morata :)

Go on their Facebook page and demand or else you won't buy the game next year. That always work.

Advertisement