Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I suppose there'll be new icon sbcs tomorrow to tempt people to buy packs for black friday.

I don't really care who it is as long as it's not ferdinand. I had one weekend league match where the other guy had him and he was a pain to get past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I suppose there'll be new icon sbcs tomorrow to tempt people to buy packs for black friday.

I don't really care who it is as long as it's not ferdinand. I had one weekend league match where the other guy had him and he was a pain to get past.

He does look unreal even his 86 card is so tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Whats everyones opinion on this #FixFifa movement ?

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-fixfifa
    This petition has over 10k signatures already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No IF for Niasse????? I'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

14murphy wrote: »

Think it's a bit of a mad overreaction based on reddit thinking they have massive power because they spammed enough to get EA to make some temporary changes to Battlefront 2.

I get that the game's got problems, but it all comes across as very whiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’d sign it in a heartbeat burn I’m going to buy some packs shortly so it would be two faced of me. Really hope those that EA take notice. Maybe now with the backlash against micro transactions they might cop on.

Liamalone wrote: »
    No IF for Niasse????? I'm done

Probably wouldn't be a good look giving him an IF right as he's banned for 2 games for his antics in that match :p

I'm similarly annoyed at no Salah (2 goals) or Coutinho (1 goal 1 assist) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Think it's a bit of a mad overreaction based on reddit thinking they have massive power because they spammed enough to get EA to make some temporary changes to Battlefront 2.

I get that the game's got problems, but it all comes across as very whiny.

I can definitely see where your coming from. It sorta feels like a mob mentality going on over there !
    One amazing point I never noticed that these micro-transactions are basically gambling. Its obviously not good for the younger people playing the game.

I can definitely see where your coming from. It sorta feels like a mob mentality going on over there !
    One amazing point I never noticed that these micro-transactions are basically gambling. Its obviously not good for the younger people playing the game.

The gambling stuff is odd, I don't disagree with it, but a lot of the people giving the whole speech of "think of the children, including gambling in video games will corrupt them" are the same ones who for years said violence in video games won't affect children, and now they're doubling back because they don't want micro transactions. It also just feels a bit disingenuous for them to take that angle when they clearly don't actually care about children at all, they're just using them as a tool to remove loot boxes from their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

But in fairness its not a bad thing if they got them banned.
    Ok game prices will increase etc but seeing as companies won't be spending money on lootboxes etc that leaves more development time for the game itself and any fixes after that.
    Not sure how many of you remember when ultimate team launched but there was no micro transactions. You simply earned coins from playing the game and working your way from a bronze team all the way upto a gold team. It was a far better game without all the bull**** involved.
    I'd happily sacrifice all my current players if it meant we could go back to that.

• Advertisement

Easy don't allow a child under 18 access to a credit card or 100s of euro to spend on vouchers?????

Come on for fuk sake stop passing responsibility I've a child and she when she is older she won't be allowed do anything online unless I understand everything about.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

jayo26 wrote: »
    Easy don't allow a child under 18 access to a credit card or 100s of euro to spend on vouchers?????

Come on for fuk sake stop passing responsibility I've a child and she when she is older she won't be allowed do anything online unless I understand everything about.

This x 100

The gambling stuff is odd, I don't disagree with it, but a lot of the people giving the whole speech of "think of the children, including gambling in video games will corrupt them" are the same ones who for years said violence in video games won't affect children, and now they're doubling back because they don't want micro transactions. It also just feels a bit disingenuous for them to take that angle when they clearly don't actually care about children at all, they're just using them as a tool to remove loot boxes from their games.

That's an interesting way to look at it that I hadn't considered before.

For me personally, it's about intent. The people marketing grand theft auto/cod whatever have no intent to get people addicted to violence/committing violent acts. But things like loot boxes,fifa packs and mobile games definitely do have intent to get people hooked on gambling which is evident by the use of psychologists among other things. I agree with Jayo that parents should have more knowledge, if video games weren't my hobby and I saw the age ratings and the pegi pictures for things like drugs, I wouldn't be expecting gambling in a game rated 3 and up.

That's an interesting way to look at it that I hadn't considered before.

For me personally, it's about intent. The people marketing grand theft auto/cod whatever have no intent to get people addicted to violence/committing violent acts. But things like loot boxes,fifa packs and mobile games definitely do have intent to get people hooked on gambling which is evident by the use of psychologists among other things. I agree with Jayo that parents should have more knowledge, if video games weren't my hobby and I saw the age ratings and the pegi pictures for things like drugs, I wouldn't be expecting gambling in a game rated 3 and up.

I also agree that fifa shouldn't be rated for 3 up but I don't think microtransactions should be taken out of it. Yes they help but not as much as actually learning to trade and earn coins so it's all down to choice.. you choose to buy packs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

You would think this would be well common sense
    Alas sadly not the case

Probably wouldn't be a good look giving him an IF right as he's banned for 2 games for his antics in that match :p

I'm similarly annoyed at no Salah (2 goals) or Coutinho (1 goal 1 assist) though.

Eh? Not many get a goal, an assist AND a gold medal in the one game lol

As for Salah, they've probably seen that he needs ten chances before he finally bags one :P

I also agree that fifa shouldn't be rated for 3 up but I don't think microtransactions should be taken out of it. Yes they help but not as much as actually learning to trade and earn coins so it's all down to choice.. you choose to buy packs.

Tell that to a ten year old lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Tell that to a ten year old lol

Yes but at least a lazy parent has a chance of sporting that it contains something that might not be ideal for little Johnny.

I agree that microtransactions should stay in the game. I compare ultimate team to collecting normal soccer cards in that you can trade them and if i really want Ronaldo I can directly buy him via trading or finish high up in weekend league as I could go on ebay and buy his world cup sticker for this year.

I've more of a problem with the likes of overwatch because when you remove the ability to directly buy Ronaldo/a hero skin you essentially force people to engage with the loot boxes/gambling if they want that item.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Changed my formation to a 451 and finally made the wkend LGE,don't know how much I'll be able to play but at least I'm in

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Changed my formation to a 451 and finally made the wkend LGE,don't know how much I'll be able to play but at least I'm in

Just so you know the first 5 matches are completely random so don't be disappointed if you lose more than you would normally. After the first five you're matched up with people with the same amount of wins as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just so you know the first 5 matches are completely random so don't be disappointed if you lose more than you would normally. After the first five you're matched up with people with the same amount of wins as you.

Oh right I didn't know that,I thought it would all be random,is it 40 games? I'd never get that many in I'd be doing well to play 20 tbh,even if I won half of them the prize at the end prob won't be worth it

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Oh right I didn't know that,I thought it would all be random,is it 40 games? I'd never get that many in I'd be doing well to play 20 tbh,even if I won half of them the prize at the end prob won't be worth it

Yeah it's 40 games but the rewards are by far the best out of anything. I'd encourage everyone to try it for a few matches even if just to see the weird habits that people adopt ( quitting out because they're the away team/ they don't like the look of your kit)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love the way they keep Icardi's stats a bit lower in his IFs cause they know he'll be getting like 5 more special cards before the summer...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I love the way they keep Icardi's stats a bit lower in his IFs cause they know he'll be getting like 5 more special cards before the summer...

And at the other end of the spectrum they make callum wilson op by upgrading him by 6 points overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus and Callum Wilson up front would be dirt.

I'm gonna try it.

looool

I love Marque Match ups.

Get a pack and Khedira pops up as star of the pack. Ok, not bad, 5k back which covers a bit of my costs.

Scroll down to duplicates

Martial :D

EDIT: Rose in another. So thats 40k for an outlay of about 10k. MM are awesome.

Hagi, Ferdinand, Henry and Carlos up.

Henry needs an 89 rated team :O

EDIT: And three Icons too.

I was worried everyone would be running around the place with carlos and henry but they obviously won't with those requirements.

My gold 2 rewards were awful. Kagawa the highest rated two packs in a row :(

• Advertisement

Imagine giving up 3 icons for an untradeable player we will need 11 icons for Ronaldo by looks of it.

Advertisement