Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I wonder will they have a world cup mode this year, really enjoyed that in 2014 so here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

NDWC wrote: »
    I wonder will they have a world cup mode this year, really enjoyed that in 2014 so here's hoping

Does a bear sh1t in the woods...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I forgot about that..it was fantastic ..as long as EA don't get too greedy.

Serie A is nice and cheap I have to say..I've still 300K left over with potm Mane and Eriksen on the bench and filling their positions also.
    Any possible upgrades? Nainngolan maybe but it means dropping Khedera or Perisic so maybe not.
    Changed the lb/rb for the pretty colours :D

r5CWxb5.jpg

jayo26 wrote: »
    Does a bear sh1t in the woods...

Great reply, thanks!

On topic I've recently been promoted to division 2 and I've noticed a fairly significant difference between that and division 3, both in the quality of player and the levels of acting the p****. One thing I do love about div 2 is the abusive messages I get after beating lads who've sprinted down the wings and crossed to Icardi for the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It's all down the wings in this game,same thing every game,I tend to go through the middle myself,maybe that's why I'm only average,I can count on one hand the amount of goals I've scored from crosses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Great reply, thanks!

On topic I've recently been promoted to division 2 and I've noticed a fairly significant difference between that and division 3, both in the quality of player and the levels of acting the p****. One thing I do love about div 2 is the abusive messages I get after beating lads who've sprinted down the wings and crossed to Icardi for the entire game.

Icardi is piss poor forward, though, so let them do it.

I blocked all messages from non friends and have no access to history of players met if they are not friends. Not an issue any more.

wonski wrote: »
    Icardi is piss poor forward, though, so let them do it.

I blocked all messages from non friends and have no access to history of players met if they are not friends. Not an issue any more.

ah but where's the fun in that? I love winding them up...anything for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Since I missed my last window to buy Crespo (580k) he’s now hit 700k+....didn’t have the coins at the time but I have enough now so I think I’m going to wait for his next dip. You guys reckon Crespo Prime SBC could be up next?

good knows..its rumoured R9 is up for Dec...can you imagine the cost for that

Just had my first game with my new team and Jesus h ****in Christ.. it’s like playing with team of little runts running around the pitch after od’ing on speed. I’ve never seen a team move so fast up front and the wings. Costa looks almost lethargic beside Insigne, Mertens and Cuadardo.
    Also 4-3-3 (5) with Mertens at CF rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks has anyone scored from a corner this year ? Because Lord knows I ain't. Barely getting a header on target.
    Any tips ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Same as last year, control a player at the front post and almost full power the corner in.

Not a guarantee to score but you will win more headers.

I think I've scored 2 headers from corners by pure fluke,I agree with mertens he's unreal in fairness,I'm dieing to get dybala to link up with him,I bring on Maguire sometimes as he's lightening quick,I had higuien or however you spell it but couldn't really get the best from him so sold him and stuck with mertens

Played a guy last night with 94 Pele,92 maradona I think, old Ronaldo,and Henry,I was determined as **** to get a result but lost 2-1,I love a challenge like that,I normally lose though lol!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same as last year, control a player at the front post and almost full power the corner in.

Not a guarantee to score but you will win more headers.

Yeah, same tactic myself. Full power, near post. If you've got a striker who is big and strong, they should run towards the front post for the flick on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Should be some Liverpool IFs this week. Salah 2 goals in midweek, Coutinho 1 goal 3 assists today, Firmino 2 goals today. Doubt they'll count the midweek game for Salah, he'll have some special cards coming soon anyway. Could've had a Can CB card which would've been a bit mad had that odd penalty not happened.

Great reply, thanks!

Maybe it went over your head but it was ment to mean it's a dead cert that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I just lost to a guy who got a center back sent off in the first minute because my defender stuck out a leg at a shot going wide and deflected it in. Funny how he intercepts that but not the two before it that go through his legs.

It's starting to feel like I've reached the point where I have to open my wallet to get a sense of pride and accomplishment. :pac:

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe it went over your head but it was ment to mean it's a dead cert that will happen.

Not at all, apologies my reply was only in jest, no offence intended.

It really was a great mode in 2014 though especially since your interest usually dies off a bit in the summer. Plus the pack luck was epic.

Not at all, apologies my reply was only in jest, no offence intended.

It really was a great mode in 2014 though especially since your interest usually dies off a bit in the summer. Plus the pack luck was epic.

It's cool mate no worries. Is actually didn't play it on 2014 I was really burnt out that summer.

If I sell IF Alessandrini and Martial, I’m just 10-20k short of buying 86 Shevchenko....very tempted. Or I could wait for FUTmas and see what his price is like then.

• Advertisement

I had his 88 card...he's lethal. Loved playing with him.

French sbc is a goldmine.

Buy a silver one for 450, add a position card worth 1300 and sell for over 3k...

Rinse and repeat. Gold :)

Blazer wrote: »
    I had his 88 card...he's lethal. Loved playing with him.

I think I’m going to pick him up during/before futmas... probably won’t be at fifa until then anyways with college exams coming up

After a week of enjoying Fable 3, I'll be back playing FUT tomorrow.

Not sure what team to build though. Was looking through Brazillians last night and there's some CAMs that look fun, and could finally give IF Jesus a chance to impress :P

OOOh, nope. Going to try a Ligue 1 team. Built a full IF team with 1m coins, headed by Memphis, Cavani and Mbappe :D

Scream cards being boosted later today according to a screenshot that someone posted on the forums...screams are gone up huge now, congrats to anyone that invested!

Sold all Crouch scream cards for around 30k, 100k profit after taxes.

Was hoping for the card to be closer to 35k, but it won't happen. Happy enough.

Cavani is amazing. 19 goals in 17 games for me. Rockets, corners, tap ins.

Shame he's so awkward to hybrid round though. Mbappe is beside him but isn't half as good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

There's meant to be a MLS poty sbc in the next day, so I've stocked up on giovincos and other high rated MLS players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Salah potm

Advertisement