Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sold off most of my French league cards. Had a couple of lille CBs. Instantly 10k. They will be this year's Toulouse. Will probably make 100k out of this, then do a few for packs when it all calms down. That cavani card does very little for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's meant to be a MLS poty sbc in the next day, so I've stocked up on giovincos and other high rated MLS players

It's up now. Some Argentinian midfielder who looks quite nice actually.

Tried to go back into this again but there's just too many flaws that won't be fixed by the looks of things.

Mod: <snip> No coin selling talk, either privately or from websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

So I dropped Gomez back into the CAM position and left Mertens up front on his own. My god is Gomez good. Completely out performs Mertens in every single game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Sold all Crouch scream cards for around 30k, 100k profit after taxes.

Was hoping for the card to be closer to 35k, but it won't happen. Happy enough.

Today going for 36k... I should have been more patient:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really like the look of that 85 Valeri SBC card so I decided to build a team around him, ridiculously unbalanced but most of the players were in my club already and I should get some fun games out of it:

hZ9mSQF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First game with that team, 6-1 at 65 minutes and I get the rage quit. IF Funes Mori is unreal and MVP Valeri scored a belter of a free kick. I’m going to enjoy this squad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

martyos121 wrote: »
    First game with that team, 6-1 at 65 minutes and I get the rage quit. IF Funes Mori is unreal and MVP Valeri scored a belter of a free kick. I’m going to enjoy this squad. :)

that's hardly the same funes mori that played center half in the prem is it??!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

SeanHarty wrote: »
    that's hardly the same funes mori that played center half in the prem is it??!!:confused:

It’s his brother IIRC, Rogelio I think is his name, plays up front

I think I remember enjoying Funes Mori last year too actually. Really like the looks of that team Martyos, might give something similar a whirl :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Had to throw together a little 83 rated team to qualify for weekend league as I didn't get to play enough games last weekend...

Screenshot_20171205-083948.png

I really had to make sacrifices...................

............. honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Had to throw together a little 83 rated team to qualify for weekend league as I didn't get to play enough games last weekend...

Screenshot_20171205-083948.png

I really had to make sacrifices...................

............. honestly

It’s the FUT equivalent of Lolo Ferrari :D

astradave wrote: »
    It’s the FUT equivalent of Lolo Ferrari :D

Hahahahaha love it pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i do think its really stupid that bench counts towards the rating.
    A heap of 49 bronzes brings it right down.

I got 15 and 2 in the WL this weekend, couldn't play anymore as my screen was upside down for me most of the time, fecking sickness.

Edit: PC btw, so gold 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reading on Reddit how loads of the top 100 in WL are in a Whatsapp group and give each their kit information to avoid playing each other.

Wouldn't classify it as cheating as some on Reddit are but it's so cowardly. "Pros" my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reading on Reddit how loads of the top 100 in WL are in a Whatsapp group and give each their kit information to avoid playing each other.

Wouldn't classify it as cheating as some on Reddit are but it's so cowardly. "Pros" my arse.

I really don't get why they don't make it default kits.

Had 20k left after doing marquee matchups so I made a liverpool, egypt and fiorentina-roma-chelsea hybrid in the hope one will be needed for salah.

Sounds like another bit conspiracy theory as to why we are all so dirt at weekend league.

Some of the stuff I've heard come from redit is straight from the world is flat level of theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you wouldn't believe the lengths people will go to cheat...its human nature unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rossnk33

I think Fifa has been more exciting this year than ever before. There's more content in this game than any game we've had before. However, I do still think that when there is no promo going on the game is quite dull and there's nothing to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm off the weekend so for the first time I have a clear run at squad battles.
    But I honestly can't face upto the thoughts of grinding out 5 matches a day against the AI. I love my online too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bit of an odd question but why is my stadium half empty when I'm playing at home,do I need to do something to get a full house,it's just bugging me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not cheating, just gaming a horrible competitive system. No other competitive game has a system anything like Weekend League, where the biggest challenge isn't beating your opponents, but actually having the time and energy to play 14 hours of FIFA over one weekend.

It's ridiculous that there's no proper ELO system, you can get Top 100 having never played anybody who finishes about Gold 1. I don't see why it's not more similar to Overwatch's system, where your rank is matched to that of your opponent. It makes sense from a competitive aspect obviously because you actually have to beat the best to get above them, and from a gameplay standpoint being matched up against people on the same skill level as you tends to create the best games, rather than being on either end of a 5-0 beating where there's a clearly massive skill gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Bit of an odd question but why is my stadium half empty when I'm playing at home,do I need to do something to get a full house,it's just bugging me tbh

Are you using the Etihad as your primary stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Haha no that would be too realistic,it's anfield actually

Where is the love button on boards ;);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Haha no that would be too realistic,it's anfield actually

Flights from Norway grounded maybe? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Decided id try qualify for weekend league for the first time since release. Zip to the final, go 3-0 with Zaha scoring a hattrick inside 10 mins from my 3 shots on target. The lad rage quits so i pop back into seasons. 3-0 down after 9 mins to a Chicarito hattrick, managed to get it back to 3-2. Had 17 shots on target versus his 3 with 64% possession. Scripting is alive and well both ways

I've noticed this too (using OT). I'm wondering is it a form thing, or if it's just random for a "realism" thing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've noticed this too (using OT). I'm wondering is it a form thing, or if it's just random for a "realism" thing.

Doubt it's form I've noticed it in weekend league and leagues. It's always the upper quadrant after scoring a goal in old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Must be those poster fans united have.

Advertisement