Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    No a small notification comes up to say your pause menu is qued and then game pauses when ball goes out of play so it don't matter who has possession anymore can request pause at any time and it won't stop game straight away...

I love it.

I also like the fact that means if you have possession, you want to pause? You've got to give the ball to the other team. Thats actually a solid idea, and punishes needless pauses.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

jayo26 wrote:
    Is your account new? If it thinks you have a new account you have to play about 30 games before you can access transfer market on apps.

No it's there since 2013 I'll wait and see with the companion app

Lads, The Sixes SBC....I only got a Premium Gold Pack. It was meant to be more, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lord TSC wrote:
    Lads, The Sixes SBC....I only got a Premium Gold Pack. It was meant to be more, wasn't it?

Premium gold pack from what I'm seeing mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah same for me, it's the 'It Takes Eight' that gives a Prime Pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got 25K for renata Sanches...even with his downgrade :)
    I wouldn't mind but there's a load only half my max price and someone paid it..time to buy a few more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not going to bother listing every pack. Too depressing. SO rather, the interesting players I got.

Giroud, Wanyama, Horn, Otamendi, Banega, Clyne, Bernat, Gamiero

About 105k in coins from quick selling and coins in packs. Loads of consumables and I'll sell a good bit.

Gonna say I'll have about 150k once I sell everything up.

Like...pack luck is dreadful, but I go in with the intentions of getting coins rather than players, so I can start trading :)

how much did you spend on packs ?

no need,, just saw you dropped €100

Blazer wrote: »
    got 25K for renata Sanches...even with his downgrade :)
    I wouldn't mind but there's a load only half my max price and someone paid it..time to buy a few more :D

Yeap, core principal of trading is "People are lazy" and will pay stupid prices without checking to see what they should be.
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Premium gold pack from what I'm seeing mate.
    Yeah same for me, it's the 'It Takes Eight' that gives a Prime Pack.

Damn it. Thought it was the Six one. Ok, on to the Eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd like to start trading but seeing as I have the princely sum of 1,250 coins, a handful of non rare gold players from the starter packs and no FIFA points, I'm pretty much stuck. The investments I'd be making probably won't pay off for a week or two anyway, so I can't leave myself with nothing for now.

Roll on the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So built my firsts two squads should keep me going threw the first few weeks of ultimate team.

Screenshot_20170921-191208.png

Italy is definitley the way to go for value for money.

And built the epl team just so I could use rashford players are a lot more expensive for average players just need to replace pogba with someone.

Screenshot_20170921-191611.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Did anyone buy a cd key for the PC edition from a back channel get their code yet? Thought it would be sent today so I could play early access but no joy, thinking of cancelling and getting from the legit store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

jayo26 wrote: »
    So built my firsts two squads should keep me going threw the first few weeks of ultimate team.

Screenshot_20170921-191208.png

Italy is definitley the way to go for value for money.

And built the epl team just so I could use rashford players are a lot more expensive for average players just need to replace pogba with someone.

Screenshot_20170921-191611.png

Peyras is a top manager, guided my team to gold 1 last year. Id say those squads will go elite in your hands quite comfortably in the early stages this year!

I want a build a team around that inform Danilo Pereira, was a great card last year and can be got for 13k at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

What's the story with the transfer market on Ps4?
    Can't access it but my mate can, he's pre ordered the game though.
    Is that a requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

The companion app is live live on Android don't know about ios

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Unreal teams for this stage jayo. Have you played many games or just been trading? Smalling, Rashford, Morata, Manolas, Cuadrado....... nice.

Have you been using the coins boosts and discarding the stuff from the catalog?

v3ttel wrote: »
    Unreal teams for this stage jayo. Have you played many games or just been trading? Smalling, Rashford, Morata, Manolas, Cuadrado....... nice.

Have you been using the coins boosts and discarding the stuff from the catalog?

I did the same as tsc I bought 12000 coins got mostly **** but it all ads up I prob got around 150k from quickselling players and another 20k from trading consumables .

I've played 6 games earlier on when I had two crap teams I won 3 and drew 3 and was using the 1000 coins coin boost.

Haven't looked at the free stuff yet apart from expanding my transfer list and coin boosts but I'll collect the 5 99contracts later I was trying to just play when was on console so I wouldn't be wasting my 20 hours.

Jayo, how much was the Italian team?

I'm loving Doumbia in NOS but the rest of the squad feels quite sluggish.

Jayo, how much was the Italian team?

I'm loving Doumbia in NOS but the rest of the squad feels quite sluggish.

Off top of my head I think it was under 90k I packed Bonaventura and icardi and Gomez was 16k.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

What's the story with the transfer market on Ps4? Can't access it but my mate can, he's pre ordered the game though. Is that a requirement?

I'm in the same boat. I have pre-ordered it no difference

Goalkeepers are next to useless at any angle bar straight on.
    Have a nice Italian team now and still with around 80K left but I need a CB/LB and CM.
    Pace is definitely king again especially on the wings..Insigne and Callejohn are ripping defenses apart...all you need to do it get into the box and pass and there's always someone there for a tap in. Again needs to be fixed along with keepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Yes I agree about the goalkeepers. every game I have played(about 7) I have scored at least 3 goals and some even 6/7. Also cannot access the transfer market on the web app. Up to about
    20k. Been playing drafts with my limited FIFA points instead of opening the 7.5k packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Messed around with a few SBCs, managed to pull this team together.

7d17d513de4b32abb50c051fcd3f2fe2.png

Played a few games and scraped a team together

BTbk7lg.jpg

Messing round with this for the short term. Don't want to invest too much in a team this week, and this one only set me back a few thousand. Got most of the higher rated cards for under 1k coins.

3ba0abd8-4466-462b-8539-793bc5e2366d.png

Doumbia is incredible; 15 goals in 8 games, spread out. Dost is so, so slow but his physicality makes up for it, given how crossing has been strengthened a bit. Quick wingers. Steely midfield.

Really liking 3-5-2 in this game. Wingers are essential in this game so far, and pace seems to have a big boost, especially out wide. Playing narrow seems less effective, which is great IMO, got sick of playing 41212 teams last season. The keepers are shocking though, you can score finesse shots from anywhere. I lost a game last night where someone was 5-0 up after 20 mins from 5 finesse shots outside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Did the gold upgrade sbc this morning and got iniesta and syzscney in my rewards pity they untradeable but handy nonetheless

Did the SBC for the 45k pack there

On the splash screen, fireworks....and it's Perrin. Ok, not bad, but not great.

Full pack shows up...oh, there's IF Joaquin. :S why not show the If cards on that initial screen over an 82 rated keeper!

Did the SBC for the 45k pack there

On the splash screen, fireworks....and it's Perrin. Ok, not bad, but not great.

Full pack shows up...oh, there's IF Joaquin. :S why not show the If cards on that initial screen over an 82 rated keeper!

Stop moaning you haha you got an inform ;)

damn all I got was Sane who's going for 25K...pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

If I add fifa points on fifa 17, will they be accessible on the companion app for fifa 18?

I'm on ps4 and extremely jealous of everyone on ea access.

Advertisement