Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What does Mo have to do

DQiFv93VQAAnIny.jpg

****in ridiculous.
    With POTM his otw card won’t even get an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    ****in ridiculous.
    With POTM his otw card won’t even get an upgrade.

I just sold him for 400k, cba waiting longer for him to get anything. Could've potentially had 3 special cards in the last month, figured he'd at least get 1.

I also don't like that there are teams that finished 1st with 1 player in the TOTGS, but then teams that finished 2nd/played in the Europa League with 2 players in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just noticed there's no roma players aswell :eek:

It’s fairly obvious that the backlash over Star Wars and having to remove micro transactions has been balanced by reducing pack rewards and increased sbc’s in EA in an attempt to jack up their profits elsewhere. Christ I really hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

EA are giving 500 free points if you spend fifteen euro or more on points at the moment in Ultimate Team, trying to ramp up the lost Star Wars revenue all right...

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    EA are giving 500 free points if you spend fifteen euro or more on points at the moment in Ultimate Team, trying to ramp up the lost Star Wars revenue all right...

Waste of time when packs have been crap ever since EA had to back down on Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

14.99 won't do I guess :)

Waste of time when packs have been crap ever since EA had to back down on Star Wars.

Packs are always crap...

Always were...

14.99 will do yes

wonski wrote: »
    Packs are always crap...

Always were...
    I’ve been buying packs since they brought them into FUT.
    Upto the Star Wars backlash pack rewards were good but since then I’ve noticed a huge drop in player rewards.
    Not just in gold packs but also in the gold upgrade SBC rewards were severely scaled back.
    Even the YouTubers have basically stopping doing those videos

• Advertisement

Upto the Star Wars backlash pack rewards were good but since then I’ve noticed a huge drop in player rewards.
    Not just in gold packs but also in the gold upgrade SBC rewards were severely scaled back.

This is a massive conspiracy theory.

This is a massive conspiracy theory.

Well when you’ve spent the bonesof nearly a grand on packs you tend to notice things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Played two games there having not played in a week or so. Awwww its great to be back on script lol

First game was madness, his guys seemed like Billy Whizz for the first half an hour and mine were just playing crud but it was ok as I blame myself for being rusty.

Second game starts and I can't get out of my half and find myself promptly 3-0 down after half an hour. Then my players remember they can play soccerball and I pepper his goal the rest of the half but Bergovic is having none of it and keeps me goalless at HT. Second half continues in the same vein and I pull it back to 3-2. He pauses for subs I make some too and the tables turn - now my players are poor again. Despite this, with ten mins left, I get up the pitch and into his box and a fresh Deulofeu gets chopped after squaring it to a waiting Eriksen....... PENALTY??? GOAL????

......... NEITHER.

Ref plays advantage, Eriksen tries to tap in from 6 yards out but Bergovic somehow springs from his near post to the far post and Gordon Banks style saves it up n over the bar. He break from corner with his now refreshed speedsters and scores a scrappy one into the bargain.

And that is scripting at it's finest. When do you ever see advantage played for a penalty when no goal is scored? Defender didn't even get booked ffs

Hi Ho, hi Ho, is back to seasons I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just bought €15 worth and got nothing extra. Did the offer expire or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He must be seething...

Although it is Division 2 so he can probably laugh it off. If that happened me in WL, I would be close to an aneurysm.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Played two games there having not played in a week or so. Awwww its great to be back on script lol

First game was madness, his guys seemed like Billy Whizz for the first half an hour and mine were just playing crud but it was ok as I blame myself for being rusty.

Second game starts and I can't get out of my half and find myself promptly 3-0 down after half an hour. Then my players remember they can play soccerball and I pepper his goal the rest of the half but Bergovic is having none of it and keeps me goalless at HT. Second half continues in the same vein and I pull it back to 3-2. He pauses for subs I make some too and the tables turn - now my players are poor again. Despite this, with ten mins left, I get up the pitch and into his box and a fresh Deulofeu gets chopped after squaring it to a waiting Eriksen....... PENALTY??? GOAL????

......... NEITHER.

Ref plays advantage, Eriksen tries to tap in from 6 yards out but Bergovic somehow springs from his near post to the far post and Gordon Banks style saves it up n over the bar. He break from corner with his now refreshed speedsters and scores a scrappy one into the bargain.

And that is scripting at it's finest. When do you ever see advantage played for a penalty when no goal is scored? Defender didn't even get booked ffs

Hi Ho, hi Ho, is back to seasons I go!

This is new.

I had a few moments earlier in the year where an advantage was played from a penalty.
    I managed to save one replay where his Bale was hacked and hit the bar and there was no roll back for the penalty.

What AWFUL design... when was there ever advantage from a penalty unless the person scored... in real life or FIFA.

The whole advantage this year is rubbish. Ì tried to stop playing a few times for a free and the advantage just ended.

The game is a complete write off... i couldn't play UT again as the rage isn't good for my health :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Playing a bit of wl,getting battered how the hell are people so good,I'd consider myself handy enough but I'm getting a serious footballing lesson this evening

Since when?

Packs were bad since I started playing.

I and a friend of mine were born the same day and we often get PS gift cards. We blow them on packs regularly. Not just birthday gifts, but Xmas, Easter etc...

Last October 100 euro worth of packs in one hour and not a single walkout.

Same on Xmas eve.

Few days later I packed DeGea in 5k gold pack.

This year was not bad for me, but you can't expect any return from packs.

They are like scratch cards. They offer no return unless you are lucky.

I open a lot of them and found them no different from before the Star Wars...

I mean a lot :)

Played my first match of the weekend league.

The other guy scores 2 kick off goals but I get it back to 2-2 despite the fact my players were slow and unresponsive because defensively he's dire.

In the 90th minute I tackle his salah perfectly. What happens ? My defender gets the ball but tries to walk through salah on the ground, giving him time to stand up and scuff it into the net :mad:

Contrast that to me who had 3 1-1s saved and a header on an open goal somehow saved by a slide tackle :mad:

I bought the same, haven't got the bonus points yet. Theres a jumbo rare players pack there at the moment, 24 rare gold players for 2,000 points - I have 1600 but should have 2100 if the bonus points had come thorugh. I'm seething LOL

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Since when?

Packs were bad since I started playing.

I and a friend of mine were born the same day and we often get PS gift cards. We blow them on packs regularly. Not just birthday gifts, but Xmas, Easter etc...

Last October 100 euro worth of packs in one hour and not a single walkout.

Same on Xmas eve.

Few days later I packed DeGea in 5k gold pack.

This year was not bad for me, but you can't expect any return from packs.

They are like scratch cards. They offer no return unless you are lucky.

I open a lot of them and found them no different from before the Star Wars...

I mean a lot :)

let me list the players before Star Wars :)

Higuain, Lloris x 2, Eriksen, Pique, Ratikic, Luis Felipe, Matuidi, Ter Stegen, Iniesta,Mane,Sane,Salah and a whole host of other 84,85,86 I can't even remember.
    After Star Wars? err..let me mull it over..it could take me a while :)

when you have a lot of the well known youtubers stating that pack rewards have reduced in the past month then its obvious the player weightings have been changed and they're suggesting the same as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gyan84 wrote: »

In the 90th minute I tackle his salah perfectly. What happens ? My defender gets the ball but tries to walk through salah on the ground, giving him time to stand up and scuff it into the net :mad:

I feel your pain, that happens a lot to me, players on the ground are seemingly invisible lol

On the tackling side of things, I hate it when you do a fantastic hard tackle, win the ball perfectly only for the ref to pull it back a few seconds later because the tackled player stumbles over the tackler when he tries to get up :mad:

*exit rant mode*

Liamalone wrote: »
    I feel your pain, that happens a lot to me, players on the ground are seemingly invisible lol

On the tackling side of things, I hate it when you do a fantastic hard tackle, win the ball perfectly only for the ref to pull it back a few seconds later because the tackled player stumbles over the tackler when he tries to get up :mad:

*exit rant mode*

its worse when you get your two defenders closing down an attacker and they get tangled up in each other or take each other out.

First game I missed 4 1 on 1s. 2nd game I won 4-0 with Smalling scoring a first time volley from a corner. :rolleyes: I can do everything in this game except for being consistent.

Wanted to do the Del Piero SBC, turns out the cheapest way to get an Icon for the SBC was to do the Deco SBC, so now that they're all done I'm gonna open the 15 packs from the SBCs.

Wanted to do the Del Piero SBC, turns out the cheapest way to get an Icon for the SBC was to do the Deco SBC, so now that they're all done I'm gonna open the 15 packs from the SBCs.

Got a discard IF, Verratti, Marchisio, and Martial. Pretty good considering I got Del Piero too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be a big market crash. Gonna finish off Rui Costa I think.

Might have to start trading again soon though cause I've burned through quite a bit of coin recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Excuse my ignorance folks but what has the star wars game got to do with pack rewards on FIFA,I do know they're both EA but that's about it

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance folks but what has the star wars game got to do with pack rewards on FIFA,I do know they're both EA but that's about it

When the star wars controversy kicked off EA responded to their stockholders by saying that ultimate team would more than make up for any losses from the backlash. Some people speculate that they reduced the pack odds to icrease profit.

Personally I don't think they have to considering all the lightning rounds sold out and they let the 125k packs up for a day instead of an hour.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity has anybody opened one of the 125k packs. I was thinking of spending 20 euro on points but idk if it's better to buy one of those packs or wait for the christmas lightning rounds.

Advertisement