Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor with sound and video playback as good as a TV ?

Options
  • 11-08-2017 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I'm exploring the idea of attaching a chromecast to a monitor to avoid TV license nonsense at a holiday home.

What do you guys have to say about this ? (please no discussion or speculation concerning the requirements for a TV license or about impending legislation as thats been done to death in other threads)

Requirements :

1) Good enough graphics and sound to chromecast youtube and movies to and keep the little one from whining about minecraft not working.

2) Vesa or similar type bracket so it can be wall mounted.

3) slim, led energy saving and not looking out of place.

4) If its some sort of ''smart'' monitor then the chromecast wont necessary but I'dd rather get value for money than buy some newly introduced concept for a premium. Although with printers etc becoming wireless, it should only be a matter of time before thats standard I suppose.

Advertisement