Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Me What You Got.... retro collection/gamesroom edition

Options
  • 11-08-2017 3:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

So, I know plenty have seen my chaos of a gamesroom/attic.
    But I'd love to see more of other folks collections and where you store/display them..... and the combination to the storage locker.... ahem....

Since the last time we did this people have moved, new people have checked in.
    We've had tons of purchases, down-sizing and so on.

Any chance of seeing a few new photos/videos of your rooms/corners?

I'll post mine as soon as it's finished.... and it's there some 18 years now!
    I've a few more Bandridge adapters on the way and I've a notion to make sections devoted to each brand, so a Sega area, Nintendo area, the bin where the Amstrad is kept and so on.
    Might not work out, but we'll see.
    I'm at 7 displays up there and counting, another one to come in the coming months, so it is very crowded!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Mine looks like this in preparation for a house move..

35697532223_b8154176b4_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've got two gaa bags under the stairs with a handful of consoles in them, does that count?

House shares don't bode well for collections of anything even semi-valuable :D

Good idea for a thread though, Invi's is class

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

nintendo-gaming-room-640x473.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I posted a few images in a thread here a year or so ago but I'll throw them in here. Not much has changed in the past year except for some reorganisation, removing some clutter and a few additions.

Retro area

This would be my retro collection. It's not huge but it is a good representation of what I used to own when I was younger. Some them are the original items but some I've bought again to replace things that were lost over time. My favourite items are the Japanese GBA boxes.
    82J59Xsh.jpg

Current/Last Gen collection

These shelves have my modern games. Looking at the collection Pro Evolution Soccer and Assassin's Creed are pretty well represented.
    MzWBwaBh.jpg

BVb47KSh.jpg

TV setup

This has changed a little. The PS4 has been replaced with a PS4 Pro and I think Shovel Knight is somewhere else now.
    oOrnXCgh.jpg

Comfy chair

TSGUq0Gh.jpg

Movie collection

Film is still my main passion but I really don't buy many films, not with so many streaming solutions.
    SMJlR9bh.jpg

LEGO Dimensions

This LEGO Dimensions habit is getting expensive.
    zaGmeF4h.jpg

Random

The content here is always changing. I think the big cardboard box was a Sphero BB-8.
    5vZmhRsh.jpg

XXB5SVrh.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

World Cup 90 sticker album ? Haha love it , I remember collecting all them. Great setup there.

• Advertisement

World Cup 90 sticker album ? Haha love it , I remember collecting all them. Great setup there.

I think I'm missing less than 20 stickers. It was such a big craze back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Have that italia 90 album complete, charity shop find

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Here is a few pics of my stuff, its mostly in my attic room. Ive a projector and surround sound setup there too for films.

1.JPG

My Lego Hoth thing im doing, im going to continue this up and over the tv eventually leading outside the base with attacking imperial walkers etc along the top of the shelving units.. :pac:

2.JPG

3.JPG

4JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

12.JPG

12aJPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭Inviere

Amazing Keith :cool: LOVE the Hoth creation!

Here is a few pics of my stuff, its mostly in my attic room.

Love those boxes for the MASK toys. Haven't thought of the Hurricane in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Mother f*cking Sectaurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Heres my only shelf set up at the moment. Everything else is ****ed around my garage in boxes till I get up to IKEA again and get some shelves

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWyIxnbBzmf/?taken-by=lazersteak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Heres my only shelf set up at the moment. Everything else is ****ed around my garage in boxes till I get up to IKEA again and get some shelves

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWyIxnbBzmf/?taken-by=lazersteak

"I love the powerglove, its so bad"

So I started building this a couple months back, look mozzie, you made the cut.
    The room on the right is the shed-cade which is 10ftx11ft
    02niZla.jpg

Now its complete, just needs paint and electricity, there is 40mm foil backed insulation in the floor and ceiling
    UDLUv9H.jpg

The machines are in, Ceiling is still in the process of getting insulated, the defender is in the process of a mini restore and the generic cab is getting a SF2 CE makeover, I'll get some better photos once they are all setup, there is also a 32" trinitron TV in there and a sofa
    ba65IXG.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super Meat Boy deluxe set!!!
    Want!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You know you all need that holy grail coyote ugly DVD.

https://instagram.com/p/BXzOYgygo-N/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find your lack of Moulin Rouge disturbing.
    Also missing Pretty in Pink.
    What?
    A guy can be secure in his sexuality and so appreciate a good musical, or 80s teen drama!
    Plus, Molly Ringwald was a fox!!

The presence of NHL makes me think you've gone native man!
    Say it ain't so!
    Is it part of citizenship testing there?
    Do you have to know about curling too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Plus, Molly Ringwald was a fox!!

Indeed..Yum:D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

posted a few of these here and there already but there you go.

Main Room , back ...
    13096010_10154150931663276_697984545414010735_n.jpg?oh=30adc21bfd50923b1f0a56b60949b086&oe=59F1982B

and front :) (where the amiga section has now been relocated to make more room for the msx stuff)
    20369535_10155572890333276_3082752211277202601_o.jpg?oh=e965fb7deae0d483ba6020452f296fdd&oe=5A2863DD

arcade room
    20861738_10155630984448276_3862694412803370564_o.jpg?oh=837877ac6510c5ec663bbf3be6fd4b44&oe=5A30C54F

along with a few boxes of attic storage too :p for doubles and spares and other bits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Here's my collection of Julian Gollop games for the ZX Spectrum so far. Few bits left to get, or upgrades on what I have.
    IMG_20170905_153925677.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

did you buy them retroactively or have most of them already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Skerries wrote: »
    did you buy them retroactively or have most of them already?

Had the small Laser Squad and Expansion, Lords of Chaos, Rebelstar Collection and the covertapes already. Also at the one point had, but then lost rebelstar one and two, so I bought them again, as well as nebula, big box Laser Squad and battle cars. Edit: actually got the dizzy covertape with chaos demo recently too.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I really need to clean it up and take another photo - an old one now;
    252694.jpg

TV got dumped and relaced with a 20ish inch Sony Trinitron. Stools (heh) replaced with 2x Japanese arcade stools. Dreamcast gone, Gamecube Ciderman took and then sold I think.
    BUT I did have the Naomi NetDimm (with a Raspberry Pi) broadcasting a wifi network to allow for easy game switching :)

Advertisement