Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Online, new supplier IBAN or What

Options
  • 11-08-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

Setting up a new supplier is a bit of a pain

With all the talk nowadays of IBANs etc, why do I have to then decipher the suppliers IBAN to extract the old fashioned sort code and account number to enter in Business online

I shouldjust have to enter their IBAN

this is a flaw in your websitre you really need to fix please

edit, scratch this.

i wouildnt allow me to save the supplier, kept telling me the country code was blank despit me having picked Rep of Ireland

then I just picked a different country and back to Ireland, this time it obviously sees I picked Ireland and is giving me the IBAN number option

there was still some kind of a flaw there though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Seve OB wrote: »
    Setting up a new supplier is a bit of a pain

With all the talk nowadays of IBANs etc, why do I have to then decipher the suppliers IBAN to extract the old fashioned sort code and account number to enter in Business online

I shouldjust have to enter their IBAN

this is a flaw in your websitre you really need to fix please

edit, scratch this.

i wouildnt allow me to save the supplier, kept telling me the country code was blank despit me having picked Rep of Ireland

then I just picked a different country and back to Ireland, this time it obviously sees I picked Ireland and is giving me the IBAN number option

there was still some kind of a flaw there though
    Hi Seve OB, 

Thanks for your post. 

Yes it is possible to enter only the IBAN and BIC when you are adding a new payee, the sort code or account number fields are not mandatory. Glad to hear this then allowed you to enter these details. Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So again I'm setting up a new supplier and it is not giving me an IBAN option
    I'm glad this happened again cause last time I thought I was going a bit mad, but this time I took a screen grab!

Why is there no IBAN option?

36288395313_46d433cfdb_z.jpgBOI by stevieob, on Flickr

So from the above, I decipher the relevant info from the iban hoping i got it correct, then when i try and save it tells me

36959926931_ee035db7f6_z.jpgBOI2 by stevieob, on Flickr

but everything is correct and i cannot save new supplier

stupid, stupid stupid

trying to find a phone number on the Business Online website is like trying to fina a needle in haystack

but when I do, it wont work!!!!!!!

edit, I found a local number, will be on hold for 10 minutes
    will stick the local number here though for future reference and in case anyone else needs it

i don't know why you guys took the support phone number off the main BOL web pages and burried.

keeps getting better, website now just tells me they are experiencing issues and has booted me!
    :(

couldn't even log into it yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for posting on Boards.

After reviewing your posts, we'd advise that you speak to the Business Online Helpdesk on 1890 818 265, and they'll be more than happy to go through this with you.

Just to let you know, when you select a country to add a payee, the system will know if its a SEPA payee and will give you the option to include an IBAN.  

Please let us know if we can help with anything

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Finally got through to BOL Jane

I had selected Ireland, it was a SEPA Payee, but your systems gave me no option to enter an IBAN as you can clearly see from the screedshot.

Guy in BOL had heard of it before.

Still needs to be fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Seve OB wrote: »
    Finally got through to BOL Jane

I had selected Ireland, it was a SEPA Payee, but your systems gave me no option to enter an IBAN as you can clearly see from the screedshot.

Guy in BOL had heard of it before.

Still needs to be fixed!
    Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you got through to the help desk. I couldn't see from your screenshot, that you had selected Ireland.
    Thanks for your feedback, we'll be sure to pass it on.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement