Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL price changes 2017/18.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Friday night gameeeek wildcarded are the way to go though
    This was when I had planned to do it but wasn't patient enough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ward going up before city away is crazy.

Haha. Hadn't even noticed that. 5 up, 2 Spurs down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Form over fixtures - 4th highest scoring defender overall.

As an aside, I've a sneaky feeling Burnley will shock today. Won at Chelsea, drew at Liverpool/Spurs. They're 25/1 to win, 11/1 draw

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Form over fixtures - 4th highest scoring defender overall.

As an aside, I've a sneaky feeling Burnley will shock today. Won at Chelsea, drew at Liverpool/Spurs. They're 25/1 to win, 11/1 draw
    I think they will shock in that it will be 2 maybe 3 nil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

All those fallers yet Charlie Daniels still hasn't dropped!! :eek: he's been hovering around the threshold for about a week! Currently -96%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

2 up 2 Down

PBf2V0a.jpg

All those fallers yet Charlie Daniels still hasn't dropped!! :eek: he's been hovering around the threshold for about a week! Currently -96%
    Lovely fixtures on the horizon too
    I'll be holding him but would still rather not have another drop on my team value all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

km79 wrote: »
    Lovely fixtures on the horizon too
    I'll be holding him but would still rather not have another drop on my team value all the same

I dumped him when after last deadline as I was convinced he was gonna drop :o regret it now! Should have used tge transfer to ship out Bavies!

Well hopefully some of the fallers will do the business this weekend and ease my pain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wasn't expecting that last night.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Markx wrote: »
    Would have expected Chicarito and Davies to have been price protected given the removal of their yellow flag. Much is changing in the murky world of price changes. :eek:

No resets anymore.

• Advertisement

No resets anymore.

Really??????? Though it happened earlier in season a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Really??????? Though it happened earlier in season a few times

That's what they're saying on FFS. Apparently FPLStats tweeted it a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

That's what they're saying on FFS. Apparently FPLStats tweeted it a while ago.

I remember it happening for Simon Francis earlier in the season so it must be a midseason change then :confused:

Markx wrote: »
    I remember it happening for Simon Francis earlier in the season so it must be a midseason change then :confused:

It defo happened cos it saved me twice
    Changing it mid season is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

22 Oct Lamela Spurs Fall 6.4 to 6.3
    22 Oct Oriol Romeu Southampton Fall 4.5 to 4.4
    22 Oct Mkhitaryan Man Utd Fall 8.4 to 8.3
    22 Oct Bailly Man Utd Fall 6.2 to 6.1
    22 Oct Pickford Everton Fall 5 to 4.9
    22 Oct Steve Cook Bournemouth Fall 4.9 to 4.8

22 Oct Abraham Swansea Rise 5.7 to 5.8
    22 Oct Forster Southampton Rise 5 to 5.1
    22 Oct Groß Brighton Rise 5.7 to 5.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why exactly? They don't publish their algorithm, they don't specify the rules of changes anywhere and they are completely up front about that. If they decided to randomly increase / decrease prices based on performance, there's little anyone can do about it.
    10 years ago, before fiso or FPLstats etc. existed, changes were accepted blindly by most and everyone just got on with it. Sometimes too much knowledge is a curse. Changes to the algorithm, just like price changes themselves are part of the game. You just have to get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why exactly? They don't publish their algorithm, they don't specify the rules of changes anywhere and they are completely up front about that. If they decided to randomly increase / decrease prices based on performance, there's little anyone can do about it.
    10 years ago, before fiso or FPLstats etc. existed, changes were accepted blindly by most and everyone just got on with it. Sometimes too much knowledge is a curse. Changes to the algorithm, just like price changes themselves are part of the game. You just have to get on with it.
    If you are playing the game that long then you know that people who followed it closely had an edge because, even without major math or sites to help, you could get value by buying and selling at the right times.

They are trying to take this element out of the game which makes it easier for the guy that doesn't spend any time playing the game.

This season in most of my leagues there have been a lot of guys up the top who were never there before.

A couple of years back I had an awful start to the season but I kept buying and selling and ended up in the top 5k worldwide because I had all the top players for the last three or four months of the season.

Because it's a quarter of the way through the season

They're always tweaking the algorithm. It has never been fixed for a complete season from start to finish since price changes became a thing. It'll change again several more times before the season is done. That's how it is. In fact, it actually changes more now than it used to before all the price tracking sites emerged. The last time it didn't change throughout the season was the first season where price changes didn't happen.

They're always tweaking the algorithm. It has never been fixed for a complete season from start to finish. It'll change again several more times before the season is done. That's how it is. In fact, it actually changes more now than it used to before all the price tracking sites emerged. The last time it didn't change throughout the season was the first season where price changes didn't happen.
    Fair enough
    This is quite a significant change

• Advertisement

They're always tweaking the algorithm. It has never been fixed for a complete season from start to finish. It'll change again several more times before the season is done. That's how it is. In fact, it actually changes more now than it used to before all the price tracking sites emerged. The last time it didn't change throughout the season was the first season where price changes didn't happen.
    Fair enough
    This is quite a significant change
    For all we know now more than 3 price rises or falls could happen in a week too as it has not been put to the test yet

For all we know now more than 3 price rises or falls could happen in a week too as it has not been put to the test yet

True, but I vaguely recall that was explicitly stated in the rules a few years back that 3 was the max. Regardless, it's not there now.
    I guess this ties in with the thresholds for each change too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you are playing the game that long then you know that people who followed it closely had an edge because, even without major math or sites to help, you could get value by buying and selling at the right times.

They are trying to take this element out of the game which makes it easier for the guy that doesn't spend any time playing the game.
    I don't buy that. They've always wanted the price rises to be mysterious, it's supposed to be player does well, value goes up, player does badly, player goes down. Other than using transfers as the main parameter, they've kept the rest secret. Sometimes people crack the code, but they're not meant to.

Having a 100% reliable price predictor is not a right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Carnage tonight.
    Down:
    Lukaku, Kane, Salah, Alli, Lacazette, Ramsey, A. Ayew,

6 goals 4 assists from Friday night fallers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shedite27 wrote:
    I don't buy that. They've always wanted the price rises to be mysterious, it's supposed to be player does well, value goes up, player does badly, player goes down. Other than using transfers as the main parameter, they've kept the rest secret. Sometimes people crack the code, but they're not meant to.

Shedite27 wrote:
    Having a 100% reliable price predictor is not a right.

So I guess you missed the part of my post where I said you didn't need to be a math genius or need help from a site. If you understood people it was easy to make it work because you would know when a player was likely to go up. 3 in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Rodgeb

Overnight Rises:
    Monreal £5.6M
    Sané £8.6M
    Yoshida £5.1M
    Doucouré £5.4M

Overnight Fallers:
    Courtois £5.4M
    Kenny £4.3M
    Benalouane £4.3M
    Iheanacho £6.6M
    McQueen £4.3M
    Capoue £5.1M
    Okaka £5.3M
    Burke £5.3M
    Livermore £4.9M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

In case anyone isn't aware and looking to make this move;

Lukaku is over 100% to a drop to 11.6
    and
    Aguero is over 100% to a rise to 11.7

If the changes happen, it could be a difference of 0.2 between their prices tomorrow morning, for those who bought Lukaku at 11.5 as the 0.1 'profit' will be gone in resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

manchester-city-angel-sergio-aguero-feature_1qdw.jpg

Up:
    Agüero
    Morata
    Otamendi

ou_ssho_17_large.jpg

Down:
    Jesus
    Alonso
    Willian
    van der Hoorn
    Berahino
    Giroud

Was that Jesus drop on the cards ?

I thought I was monitoring it but I didn’t see it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fúcking Alonso. He wasn't that close yesterday morning so I thought he'd be fine.

Advertisement