Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL price changes 2017/18.

Comments

Doh. Didn’t see VVD going up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

He won't prevent Pool conceding silly goals while Mignolet is behind him and defence plays too high up the pitch, easily countered. Be different if Klopp tweaks tactics a bit and maybe he will without Coutinho keeping and passing good ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Abe Simpson is a master stroke! The bar is at a high level now!!

He won't prevent Pool conceding silly goals while Mignolet is behind him and defence plays too high up the pitch, easily countered. Be different if Klopp tweaks tactics a bit and maybe he will without Coutinho keeping and passing good ball.

Could all be true but doesn’t stop me thinking he’s a very good option.

I think we will be tighter and he’s savage dangerous on set pieces and could be a bap magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He was nowhere near when I last checked :(
    My WC team has no wiggle room now if I go for it this week
    But I may not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Absolute genius

Abe-solute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

VVD out with a hamstring injury. Happy I didn't bring him in now last night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up:
    Kane
    Arnie

Down:
    Miesa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well Arnie wasn't lying when he said he'd be back (up).

Son on the brink of a rise all week.

Just one more rise and I can sell for profit. Come on my Son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Let's see, where were we?

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.
    jimmii wrote: »
    Take the chance to get things back to how they were last season. We needs lot of Mick and some well chosen gifs that's what this thread is really about.
    Micks or gtfo!

57002125.jpg

image.jpg

Up:
    Son
    Salah
    Albrighton
    Rüdiger

Mick-_Mc_Carthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:
    Morata
    David Silva
    Hazard

Fcuking Son rise negated by Salah rise as that’s who I wanted to replace him with.

Didn’t see Salah anywhere near a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh FFS Salah rise out of nowhere, he never dropped during the DGW despite 500,000 transfers out and now this? Cost me 0.7m in team value to get him back now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't remember a season like this before when there's been zero logic to the price changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fcuking Son rise negated by Salah rise as that’s who I wanted to replace him with.

Didn’t see Salah anywhere near a rise.

He was 99.3% on fpl @ 12 last night, swapped him for Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ShaneU wrote: »
    Oh FFS Salah rise out of nowhere, he never dropped during the DGW despite 500,000 transfers out and now this? Cost me 0.7m in team value to get him back now

#1. Never sell a season keeper.
    #2. No one ever falls more than twice per GW so you'd need him out for 5 or 6 GW's to break even (assuming the worst, which never happens because most people stick to #1)
    #3. Any players who did well in GW 1 are likely to be in a lot of zombie teams and don't fall as expected.

I did Alli to salah Sunday night as I had feeling salah would rise soon

There is no logic to him not falling and then rising so quickly the next gameweek
    None

I’ll say it again Part of the game I enjoyed over the years was playing price rises and falls
    It also generally put me in a stronger position by this time of year in most leagues
    Not this year

And some of them are being manipulated. 500k sales and no fall ? Give me a break . WC/ free hits don’t account for that
    It only cost me .3 btw so it’s not only about this one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I read yesterday that FPL reset Salah’s numbers to zero.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I just don't get how Salah got transferred out of so many teams and didn't drop only to rise again so quickly. He is now more expensive despite having less owners than he did when he was £10.1m :confused:

Is this happening across the board or is it just because he's so highly owned.

I dumped him after he got injured as I thought he would drop like a stone due to such high ownership, still can't believe he didn't drop once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I just don't get how Salah got transferred out of so many teams and didn't drop only to rise again so quickly. He is now more expensive despite having less owners than he did when he was £10.1m :confused:

I dumped him after he got injured as I thought he would drop like a stone due to such high ownership, still can't believe he didn't drop once.

maybe a lot of wildcard transfers to get him out, and then "real" transfers to get him back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

#1. Never sell a season keeper.
    #2. No one ever falls more than twice per GW so you'd need him out for 5 or 6 GW's to break even (assuming the worst, which never happens because most people stick to #1)
    #3. Any players who did well in GW 1 are likely to be in a lot of zombie teams and don't fall as expected.
    #1. There are circumstances though. Salah was out for Spurs DGW and was not originally supposed to be back fit for the City game. So transferring him out for 2 GWs to buy him back with no cash tied on him was not the worst idea. Considering his quicker than expected return, his 11 pointer at the week-end is a bit fortunate to those who kept him all along (that said I personally got Son in for him so no harm done, my problem was more Hazard 1 pointer :p).

#2. You mean this season? Thought players did drop thrice in a GW before in the past. As for Salah, I haven't looked at the numbers but I presume the vast majority ditched him through the FH or WC.

#3. True but you could say the same about Lukaku and he did drop when he was largely transferred out. Salah sellers were very unlucky this season 'cause his "absence" coincided with the vast use of 2 chips.

km79 wrote: »
    I did Alli to salah Sunday night as I had feeling salah would rise soong and then rising so quickly the next gameweek
    None

I’ll say it again Part of the game I enjoyed over the years was playing price rises and falls
    It also generally put me in a stronger position by this time of year in most leagues
    Not this year

And some of them are being manipulated. 500k sales and no fall ? Give me a break . WC/ free hits don’t account for that
    It only cost me .3 btw so it’s not only about this one
    Did a similar Hazard -> Salah.

About price changes, I'm calling for FPL transparency about it for ages. I gave up on it but will never understand why they refuse it nor accept how it could be a bad thing for the game :rolleyes:.

I haven't followed the game closely lately but I guess Salah was flagged when injured. Because of the flag, his target NTO rose (2.5 times IIRC and if still the same than previously). That coincided with his mass exodus out that also coincided with many FH & WC being played and involving him.
    When he was flagged off, his price was protected for 8 days. Then he goes on and has a blinder vs City. Mass exodus in. Price rise.

Salah sellers experienced the absolute price conspiracy regarding him. I'd say though that you could comfort yourselves by realising that you now have a great flexibility on him.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    When?
    If it was when he was flagged off, that's normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

iroced wrote: »
    #1. There are circumstances though. Salah was out for Spurs DGW and was not originally supposed to be back fit for the City game. So transferring him out for 2 GWs to buy him back with no cash tied on him was not the worst idea. Considering his quicker than expected return, his 11 pointer at the week-end is a bit fortunate to those who kept him all along (that said I personally got Son in for him so no harm done, my problem was more Hazard 1 pointer :p).

Actually, he was always expected back for the City game, which is why I thought selling him was very strange.

His injury was always described as a minor one, and there were even a few rumours that there was no real injury, and Klopp was just giving him a 2 week rest.

Benimar wrote: »
    Actually, he was always expected back for the City game, which is why I thought selling him was very strange.

His injury was always described as a minor one, and there were even a few rumours that there was no real injury, and Klopp was just giving him a 2 week rest.
    Ah OK. I stayed on the 2 weeks out that was posted here in between GW21 & 22. Then with City at home, I must say I did not search much further and did assume he was not going to shine like he did. My plan was always to get him back this GW.
    Ah well. It actually suited me very well to sell him (Son got me 25 pts in the 2 GWs) and even if I knew he was back fit, I'm not sure I'd have sold Hazard before a game home to Leicester. So my ignorance means no regret :p (just anger towards Conté :pac:).

Did a similar Hazard -> Salah.

About price changes, I'm calling for FPL transparency about it for ages. I gave up on it but will never understand why they refuse it nor accept how it could be a bad thing for the game :rolleyes:.

I haven't followed the game closely lately but I guess Salah was flagged when injured. Because of the flag, his target NTO rose (2.5 times IIRC and if still the same than previously). That coincided with his mass exodus out that also coincided with many FH & WC being played and involving him.
    When he was flagged off, his price was protected for 8 days. Then he goes on and has a blinder vs City. Mass exodus in. Price rise.

Salah sellers experienced the absolute price conspiracy regarding him. I'd say though that you could comfort yourselves by realising that you now have a great flexibility on him.

When?
    If it was when he was flagged off, that's normal.

The flagging and price protection thing has changed this year a bit. But there is no piece protection after a yellow flag anyway . If he was price protected for 8 days he could not have ride 2 days after flag was lifted

But as a direct comparison Arnie was yellow flagged the same as salah .
    He played Saturday and his glad was therefore removed BUT he dropped that night as his was NOT rest to 0%

Salah played Sunday after flag was removed . Apparently his was reset to 0% so he didn’t get near a drop
    Why would one be reset to 0 and not the other ?

km79 wrote: »
    The flagging and price protection thing has changed this year a bit. But there is no piece protection after a yellow flag anyway . If he was price protected for 8 days he could not have ride 2 days after flag was lifted

But as a direct comparison Arnie was yellow flagged the same as salah .
    He played Saturday and his glad was therefore removed BUT he dropped that night as his was NOT rest to 0%

Salah played Sunday after flag was removed . Apparently his was reset to 0% so he didn’t get near a drop
    Why would one be reset to 0 and not the other ?
    Well I may have been trying to explain the unexplainable then :pac:...
    Have to admit though I haven't really considered much the price changes over the last two seasons. They seem to change things every single season. I don't get the "black box" that they're making it to be.

Think I left it when Salah was red flagged after GW21...

As I already said, I haven't followed the game closely lately. But if you're positive about Arnie & Salah maybe you should (maybe you already did?) write to FPL about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Did a bit of research on the recent flag history of both Salah & Arnie. It seems Salah was orange flagged for a very short time on Jan 1st when his injury status was upgraded from 'Knock' to 'Knee' & then back down to 'Groin' again. Arnie stayed yellow flagged for the whole duration of his injury. Would this be the reason for Salah's reset?

Date | Name | Prob | Status | News
    12/01/18 | Salah | 75 to 100 | I to A |
    01/01/18 | Salah | 50 to 75 | I to I | Groin Injury - 75% chance of playing
    01/01/18 | Salah | 75 to 50 | I to I | Knee injury - 50% chance of playing
    30/12/18 | Salah | 100 to 75 | A to I | Knock - 75% chance of playing

12/01/18 | Arnautovic | 75 to 100 | I to A |
    04/01/18 | Arnautovic | 100 to 75 | A to I | Hamstring injury - 75% chance of playing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I got salah at 9.1 and sold at 10.1 so got 9.6 for him. I don't mind the .5 hit on buying him back although I was expecting him to drop to 9.9. There is no such thing as a season keeper salah could get suspended, pick up an injury , have a couple of blankweeks or have no dgws for all these reasons you could sell. I like having the flexibility to move players in and out and not having to worry about having value tied up in a player and that shaping your decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Considering his quicker than expected return, his 11 pointer at the week-end is a bit fortunate to those who kept him all along

I bought him right at the start for 9.0 . I could afford to wait for 1 drop in price before moving him on. That's not luck. It's skillz in buying him so early ;)

Advertisement