Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing My Address

Options
  • 11-08-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I noticed that my address was slightly incorrect and I applied online to change it and I'm currently waiting for the letter with further instructions to arrive.

I'm very young and have no proof of address which I need urgently and I'm wondering how long it will take for this letter to arrive to me if I applied today. Also, will the letter with the instructions have my old or new address on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,
    I noticed that my address was slightly incorrect and I applied online to change it and I'm currently waiting for the letter with further instructions to arrive.

I'm very young and have no proof of address which I need urgently and I'm wondering how long it will take for this letter to arrive to me if I applied today. Also, will the letter with the instructions have my old or new address on it?
    Hi UnknownEntity, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

When you change your address on 365 Online, a letter is sent to the "new" address, it will not have your old address on it. There will be a code on this letter which you either must text back or post back to us once you receive the letter - the letter will advise you where to send the code. Once we then receive this back, your address will be updated and you should receive a text to advise you when it is completed. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

When you change your address on 365 Online, a letter is sent to the "new" address, it will not have your old address on it. There will be a code on this letter which you either must text back or post back to us once you receive the letter - the letter will advise you where to send the code. Once we then receive this back, your address will be updated and you should receive a text to advise you when it is completed.

Okay that's good because I can actually use this letter with the instructions as my proof. Do you know how long it would take to send if I applied online yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi UnknownEntity, 

Thanks for your post.

The letter with the code wouldn't be a official proof of address as it is part of the process of changing the address.

As soon as you get the letter in the post we would recommend that you complete the instructions as soon as possible and then we can send you a proof of address by post as soon as the address changes. 

You would receive the letter five days after you request the change of address online.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement