Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to prevent moss from growing back on driveway

Options
  • 11-08-2017 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I have removed all moss from my driveway (tarmac) and am just wondering is there any treatment that can be got to prevent the moss from growing back in the future.

I am thinking about apply Thompson quick drying drive seal to the tarmac. Has anyone used this before? Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

It's a great product. A man near us has a well-kept driveway & he uses it annually. I have one problem area on my tarmac which gets very little sun. Moss grows back there regularly. I try to keep it free of debris so it dries out some bit.

I'm planning to paint on the drive seal this month. Cleaning the driveway first is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Moss can grow anywhere where dirt can gather and there is no traffic.

You only real solution would be to keep it swept and pressure wash it maybe every six months. Not a huge deal to do

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Patio Magic, from your local hardware store. Spray it on every year. It won't look like it's giving an immediate result but will take effect over a few weeks.

Advertisement