Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike less golf shoes

Options
  • 11-08-2017 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi looking for your thoughts on spike less golf shoes I'm in the market for a New pair of golf shoes and I was wondering how you guys are getting on with them especially how do the soles do with wear my main thing is when you spend €150 on a pair and the studs wear out. I have a pair of fj contour years and I think they're on the third set of spikes but I think that they are at the end of their life and I was looking to replace them with pro sl's or the under armour or scetchers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

sthilmick wrote: »
    Hi looking for your thoughts on spike less golf shoes I'm in the market for a New pair of golf shoes and I was wondering how you guys are getting on with them especially how do the soles do with wear my main thing is when you spend €150 on a pair and the studs wear out. I have a pair of fj contour years and I think they're on the third set of spikes but I think that they are at the end of their life and I was looking to replace them with pro sl's or the under armour or scetchers

https://www.moresports.com/adidas-mens-adicross-v-spikeless-golf-shoes/

€55 job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sthilmick

Thanks for that

Look around that site. You might see something better. I bought mine there. The difference in price between my pro shop is staggering.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Look around that site. You might see something better. I bought mine there. The difference in price between my pro shop is staggering.

Yeah looks like they've big discounts

Yeah looks like they've big discounts

Wet gear & shoes usually very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

I'm my experience the stubs don't wear out if your only wearing for golf. Had a pair of the original Ecco streets and they lasted ages with me also wearing them as trainers - you need spiked shoes for the winter though, studs just don't cut it

I'm my experience the stubs don't wear out if your only wearing for golf. Had a pair of the original Ecco streets and they lasted ages with me also wearing them as trainers - you need spiked shoes for the winter though, studs just don't cut it

Ok thanks for that. They'd be my main pair . The FJs are my winter/ wet weather pair was looking at the dryjoy pros too might go down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I have to say, these would be the ones I'd recommend on that site... Ashworth shoes are so comfortable...
    https://www.moresports.com/ashworth-mens-adc-cardiff-spikeless-golf-shoes/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I have to say, these would be the ones I'd recommend on that site... Ashworth shoes are so comfortable...
    https://www.moresports.com/ashworth-mens-adc-cardiff-spikeless-golf-shoes/

Great prices on that site but a very limited range. Those are only available in size 7.5

PARlance wrote: »
    Great prices on that site but a very limited range. Those are only available in size 7.5

I see that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I find them good. Mostly so I can walk into the pro shop or bar/restaurant or even picking up something from the supermarket on the way back without needing a change of shoes. Other than that I don't find them inherently better or more comfortable or anything. My current pair are very very comfortable, but I've had very comfortable conventional golf shoes, too.

This year I've slipped twice, but both times just during/after a summer shower over otherwise hard and dried out ground. Might have slipped with plastic spikes too. Other than that they're fine even in the rain.

I typically have two pair on the go. One pair of conventional water proofs for the winter and a pair of light spikeless ones for the summer.

I find them good. Mostly so I can walk into the pro shop or bar/restaurant or even picking up something from the supermarket on the way back without needing a change of shoes. Other than that I don't find them inherently better or more comfortable or anything. My current pair are very very comfortable, but I've had very comfortable conventional golf shoes, too.

This year I've slipped twice, but both times just during/after a summer shower over otherwise hard and dried out ground. Might have slipped with plastic spikes too. Other than that they're fine even in the rain.

I typically have two pair on the go. One pair of conventional water proofs for the winter and a pair of light spikeless ones for the summer.

What one are you wearing this year?

What one are you wearing this year?

These. Colours maybe a bit flashy and I would have preferred the white ones, but I got them for a little less than in the ad and that was hard to turn down.

These. Colours maybe a bit flashy and I would have preferred the white ones, but I got them for a little less than in the ad and that was hard to turn down.

Hard to argue with you but they're pretty flashðŸ˜

Hard to argue with you but they're pretty flash76;˜

Linked the wrong ad. My ones are those colours actually. Still would have preferred the white ones but not as bad as the ones I linked originally.

Linked the wrong ad. My ones are those colours actually. Still would have preferred the white ones but not as bad as the ones I linked originally.
    yeah a bit more subtle alright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I won a pair of these a few weeks ago, have to go collect them but have been offered a voucher if I want it.
    Hardly worth getting them this time of year though. Any thoughts?

I like them. It'd get them again for that money, they're not a super light summer shoe, they're substantial enough. And while it's August you don't have to throw them out come October. Could wear them again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I bought a pair of Sketchers Gogolf Elite 2 this summer and love them. Very good grip and fit, I previously had Ecco shoes and prefer the more solid feel of the Sketchers. Its all personal choice and I usually shop around and try a few different shoes on to see how they feel ...... even if I am buying online.

In my case, my club Pro offered me a €20 trade in on any old pair I had and I was more than happy to buy from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Got a pair of the Nike lunar vapor - very comfortable and light too. Second pair of nikes and can't see myself moving from them..

• Advertisement

Got a pair of the Nike lunar vapor - very comfortable and light too. Second pair of nikes and can't see myself moving from them..

I generally like Nike but I bought a pair of the golf shoes found them very uncomfortable got a pair of Pegasus runners on now love them

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Tilikum wrote: »

I have worn a pair of these Adidas shoes for the past two summers and find them very comfortable and great value. They are great in good weather but I use FY golf shoes with proper studs in winter or in wet summer weather as they have much better grip in damp or wet conditions.

bmay529 wrote: »
    I have worn a pair of these Adidas shoes for the past two summers and find them very comfortable and great value. They are great in good weather but I use FY golf shoes with proper studs in winter or in wet summer weather as they have much better grip in damp or wet conditions.
    I think I'll stick to the trusty spiked shoes as what I'm looking for is gonna replace my winter/wet weather shoes probably go for the FJ dryjoy tour. I did the FJ fitting in McGuirks a few months ago and they were one that was recommended for me

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

sthilmick wrote:
    I generally like Nike but I bought a pair of the golf shoes found them very uncomfortable got a pair of Pegasus runners on now love them

Are they the pegasus 33 running shoe? I have a pair of the 76 (I think it is) and so comfortable. Used to hate nike and all they stood for but how naive I was every multi national is the same way.

Shoedog is quite a good listen too

Well after much deliberation I went for FJ Dryjoy tour spiked (Golf Direct for £100 best price by a mile saw them yesterday for €199) be in the press until The FJ contour boa give up. Although I was out in them yesterday and they are holding up fine for 2011 shoes

Advertisement