Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approximate cost of commercial van insurance

Options
  • 11-08-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My old renault clio is dying and I'm thinking of replacing it with a small van. I am a sole trader and run a small dog walking business so the van would be taxed as commercial (I need to transport the dogs around daily), but I can't seem to get an idea of how much the insurance might cost. It's hard to get an online quote as i don't have the van yet! Anyone got any ideas?
    Also, I would like to insure my husband on the van if possible so we can both drive it on the weekends etc. We would hope to not have another vehicle.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This question come regularly and the answer is the same. There is no way anyone here can tell you how much insurance is going to cost you. There are just too many personal variables involved and insurance is just not bought off a fixed price menu. You will need to ring around the various insurance companies and insurance brokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

i use INSURE MY VAN .IE

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HeatherPaws

I understand I wcan't get an actual quote without ringing around all the brokers; i guess what I'm really wondering is, does anyone know if it would be cheaper to insure a small car or a van for the same job? And does commercial van insurance cost more or less than private? Thanks

Advertisement