Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road closure - Rush-Skerries road

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hats off to the crews who got the work done ahead of schedule.

A word of warning. I can see this road being lethal for cyclists as the work settles. There are a lot of cuttings in the road and I imagine if you hit an edge you will be on your ear.

The new footpath looks terrific. They cleaned the bank along the path so now lets hope Fingal will keep it clean also. And now the lights are working on Whitestown road they might clean that path also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

LeoB wrote: »
    ......A word of warning. I can see this road being lethal for cyclists as the work settles. There are a lot of cuttings in the road and I imagine if you hit an edge you will be on your ear....
    It's fine southbound Leo. I cycled it this afternoon and the fresh surface over the trench follows a cyclists position on the road. There's a couple of defects outside Kenure Church and another near Mrs McGuinness's house but generally it's better than the old surface.

Northbound might be worse. I'll report back when I've done it.

Advertisement