Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got love for the 1970s?

Options
  • 11-08-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Some of the Best years in music and film without a doubt. Lifestyle Carefree but not wild like the 60s, not confused like the 80s and 90s, not overly sensitive and consumerised like the 00s onwards .

Any love?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sxt wrote: »
    Some of the Best years in music and film without a doubt. Lifestyle Carefree but not wild like the 60s, not confused like the 80s and 90s, not overly sensitive and consumerised like the 00s onwards .

Any love?

Yes, great music and film but a lean time to live in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I wasn't alive- unless you ask anti abortion groups. I was unborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭sxt

snowflaker wrote: »
    I wasn't alive-
    Doesn't mean https://youtu.be/_W42rMjYWlk couldn't be stayin alive?

70's rock, still sounds great today.
    Soul, funk, same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Any love?

Yes. Some great music in that decade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

We had the best summer ever in ireland (1976).

David Bowie on TOTP singing Starman.

Joined the E.U.

Won the Eurovision for the first time (ok it was Dana but she was cute in those days).

Yeah it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Yeah you cant beat a 1970s bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

jonon9 wrote: »
    Yeah you cant beat a 1970s bush.

Yeah.This song was a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

'73 was a great year for my family :)
    My earliest memories of music are from the mid 70s , Queen, David Bowie etc , music for me that still sounds as good today and I still listen to it.
    The checked flares and roll neck jumpers not so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Some of the Best years in music [...]

A bit of a mixed bag for me. Early 70s, yes, but much of the best was a direct development from some of the better 60s music. The mid-decade of course introduced the horror of disco ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Slade
    Mungo Jerry
    T Rex
    Doc Martins
    Suzy Quatro
    Boot Boys
    ...eh ... Gary Glitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I look back on the IRA/UDA/UVF, the Arab-Israeli wars and skyrocketing interest rates and fuel prices and the strikes and the power cuts with great nostalgia! Thank god the music and films were so good. Otherwise it was a bit **** (oh and Monty Python and related project were excellent of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

snowflaker wrote: »
    I wasn't alive- unless you ask anti abortion groups. I was unborn.

I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but you are the care taker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know sir. I've always been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Maybe 5 songs at most from the tailend of the 70's I like, the rest i think are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My recollection of the 70s was that it was very brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭buried

The 70's are the start of where it all went completely and utterly f**ked. I have as much love for it as I have the inclination for ripping my own dick off with my bare hands and throwing it in the f**king river.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Zaph wrote: »

So were the 80s, awful brown patterns everywhere. I prefer the 60's for the music even though I'm a late 70s baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Zaph wrote: »

Earth tones as they were known. Some spectacular bathroom suits back then. A lot of avocado :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Earth tones as they were known. Some spectacular bathroom suits back then. A lot of avocado :pac:

There was still one in my house when I bought it in the late 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭YourSuperior

Some great music back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I like the Sex Pistols et al, but not so much the Jimmy Savile's and Gary Glitter's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Should have been in Ardoyne, Andersontown or The Falls, good times! Where did the good 'ol days go? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but you are the care taker. You've always been the caretaker. I should know sir. I've always been here.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Maybe 5 songs at most from the tailend of the 70's I like, the rest i think are rubbish.

I think that says more about your taste in music than it does about the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Can just about remember 1978 when Kate Bush "Wuthering Heights" was on non stop. And Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭dasdog

Punk, hiphop and metal disagree. Prog and disco don't seem pleased either. Some great rock music aside early 70's ghetto funk ruled the decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Taste: On The Boards

I rest my case. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Chopper bikes & that tennis girl scratching her sublime arse are the two finest things to come out of the 1970s.

Advertisement