Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 5 "Eastwatch" - "Book readers"

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

DeadHand wrote: »
    He asks him to swear allegiance to Cersei indicating that, with the various deaths and upheavals, Randyl was no longer formally sworn to the Iron Throne and, hence, no longer formally sworn to Highgarden.

He was not officially sworn to any master at that point.

He was sworn to Robert and his heirs but not Cersei in exactly the same way he was Sworn to Mace's father and his heirs but not Oleanna.

His allegiance to Highgarden would need to be renewed (just as his allegiance to the Iron Throne was) in the event he
    declared for Oleanna.

If he had bent the knee to Dany he would have been an oath breaker. Dany's offer of life for him and his son was far more valuable than the Lannister offer of additional lands, yet he refused. If he could be bought as easily as you suggest, he'd have sold himself again there and then.

He would not break his oath- even if it was made to a person he despised and meant death for him and his son. He died for honour and with his honour intact.
    You're treating this like it's a footballer looking for a transfer. :D

"I'm out of contract now Jaime, make an offer"

"Highgarden and a general's salary, how does that sound?"

"Grand, I'll get my agent to look over the contracts"

:D

Again. He was asked to pledge to Cersei. He replied by saying he had an oath to House Tyrrell. Was that not relevant? Of course it was. He'd be breaking that oath because House Tyrrell was allied against Cersei.

How much clearer can it be?

Unless you're either taking the p1ss or dim-witted beyond comprehension. I doubt it's the latter. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Really? Then who were they attacking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

edit - sorry though thtis was the leaked episode thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Again. He was asked to pledge to Cersei. He replied by saying he had an oath to House Tyrrell. Was that not relevant? Of course it was. He'd be breaking that oath because House Tyrrell was allied against Cersei.

How much clearer can it be?

Unless you're either taking the p1ss or dim-witted beyond comprehension. I doubt it's the latter. :D

No, he replied by saying he "swore" an oath to (the then extinct) House Tyrell.

Past tense.

He never claimed to be under oath to House Tyrell- as that House was extinct my argument is he wasn't. The remnant of House Tyrell was Oleanna, Randyl was sworn to Mace and his heirs. Oleanna was neither.

It was a betrayal on a personal level but not treason or oathbreaking.

I can articulate my points without abusing you- I don't see why you can't do the same.

Advertisement