Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Road Race Champs 2017

Options
  • 11-08-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

As an addition to the road racing calender
    Leinster Road Race Championships will take place on Saturday August 26th
    Venue Dunsany GAA Clubhouse Co Meath
    Circuit Green Sheds circuit 17km lap x 5laps 85km
    Format This will be one race [small fields this time of year] with 6 separate sets of medals for A1 A2 A3 Jun Vets and Women.
    There will also be a non championship OPEN A4 race 3 x laps
    Sign on from 9am with a 10.30 start time
    As no one particular club is running this event we would appreciate all offers of help to assist on the day.You can leave a comment here or send me a PM and i'll get back to you.Would really appreciate it as this is the first time since 2014 that these are being run as a stand alone event,
    Eligibility
    Riders from Leinster clubs
    Riders with a Leinster address
    Unattached but have Leinster noted on your licence
    Be a member of an overseas team but your home address is Leinster
    Not withstanding you may only compete in one provincial championship per season.
    Again please get in touch re help.We need 20 static marshalls plus 6/7 drivers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Probably a silly question , but , will there be points for the A4 race ? Not sure what you mean by non competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Homer1798

A4's cannot compete in "Championships" hence a seperate race, but it is a race and so normal points apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

sullzz wrote: »
    Probably a silly question , but , will there be points for the A4 race ? Not sure what you mean by non competition.
    Didn't say non competition I said non championship,
    A4 is deemed a non championship category,so it will be a normal open A 4 race with full points as its over 50km.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Munster had an A4 Championship this season in Blarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

wav1 wrote: »
    Didn't say non competition I said non championship,
    A4 is deemed a non championship category,so it will be a normal open A 4 race with full points as its over 50km.

Ah , i mis read that completely , thanks for clearing that up .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

dahat wrote: »
    Munster had an A4 Championship this season in Blarney.

Tut Tut!

I wouldn't worry about it. A4 is a novice category but if they want to give our medals...

This Leinster Champs is a very good addition to the calendar and I hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

If your a vet but racing under a A4 licence what cat. would you be in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

A4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

RobFowl wrote: »
    A4

Could you not race Vets?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Could you not race Vets?

Vets is a cat that only matters in the nationals. A4 riders cannot ride championship events.
    CI rankings are ability rated not age so as an A4 you rider the A4 event (PS i'm an A4 so not looking down on you ;) and a Vet...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

If you are an unattached rider registered in Leinster, but born in another provence, you can enter, right ?

Chumpski wrote: »
    If you are an unattached rider registered in Leinster, but born in another provence, you can enter, right ?
    Yes

A4

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Could you not race Vets?
    You could,but only if there was a stand alone vets race.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 B82Eng

Hi

How will we apply for entry? Will it be through the CI site or on the day in Dunsaney? Will numbers be limited?

B82Eng wrote: »
    Hi

How will we apply for entry? Will it be through the CI site or on the day in Dunsaney? Will numbers be limited?
    No pre entry required.On the day entry only.Numbers are not limited but given the time of year huge fields are not anticipated.

Still looking for volunteers to help please..There are approx. 150 clubs in Leinster so one from every few clubs even would do the trick..Would be nice to have a safe and enjoyable provincial championship..Thanks in advance.
    Racing will be done by 12.45

After lots of trawling and phone calls etc,looks good and we have enough help in place for morning.Medals and champions jerseys are at the ready for the six championship categories.Weather looks ok too,so hope to see a few of ye in the morning.All details still as per OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Mass start or handicapped? If so will all cats go off separately?

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Mass start or handicapped? If so will all cats go off separately?
    There will be a small handicap but all cats will have their own medals,champions jerseys and prizes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Is the club house the start and finish

Is the club house the start and finish[/QUOTE
    yes.comes off circuit at end of final lap to finish at church in dunsany which is 100 mtrs from clubhouse

Advertisement