Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP/Phone not working on Eir F2000 in Bridge mode

Options
  • 11-08-2017 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have FTTH with Eir F2000 modem router. I have the F2000 in bridge mode now. I am using an Asus rt-ac68u router. Very happy with the wirelss speeds being achieved.
    But now my home phone/VOIP no longer works
    Is there any alternatives to bridge mode on eir f2000, so I can have my phone line working but also, use the wireless routing capabilities of the asus rt-ac68u ?
    What are my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Shambolic wrote: »
    I have FTTH with Eir F2000 modem router. I have the F2000 in bridge mode now. I am using an Asus rt-ac68u router. Very happy with the wirelss speeds being achieved.
    But now my home phone/VOIP no longer works
    Is there any alternatives to bridge mode on eir f2000, so I can have my phone line working but also, use the wireless routing capabilities of the asus rt-ac68u ?
    What are my options?
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your service. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Ever sort this? Can we bridge and have telephone at same time? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

yfaykya wrote: »
    Hi yfaykya ,

We do not have access to that information here.

I would recommend following Adams previous advice and give our technical support team a call.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Hi yfaykya ,

I would recommend following Adams previous advice and give our technical support team a call.

Thanks

Thomas
    I do not like that you charge customers to phone to actually get a product you sold them working. My phone line is not working since I moved from VF. Now to get it working I have to pay. Seems unfair no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi yfaykya ,

Thanks

Thomas
    I do not like that you charge customers to phone to actually get a product you sold them working. My phone line is not working since I moved from VF. Now to get it working I have to pay. Seems unfair no?
    I understand your frustration here. I have responded to your PM there now.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Shambolic, if you post your problem in a thread in the "Broadband" sub forum (under the "Technology and Internet" forum), you will more than likely get a solution to your problem (if there is one).

Some very helpful and technical contributors on there.

Advertisement