Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire Architect by the hour/day

• 12-08-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hey folks,

My wife and I are planning a big remodeling of house including adding a 2 store extension. We've designed the new house in a software called sweet home 3D. We are happy with it and think it will work for us but are concerned we may have missed something.

I've got a structural engineer to confirm our plans are sound and people on board to draw the plans as well as sort the planning permission. What I need is an architect to look over the plans we've done up and point out what we've missed; better use of space or moving a window for better light use...that sort of thing.

Ideally, I'd like to give them the plans for the existing house, give them the plans for our new design and get a kind of report on what we could do better.

Does anyone know of a service like that, either face to face or online? Or better still, hiring an architect for a day or so?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no reason why a architect wouldn't do this on an hourly rate basis. The level of detail would be related on the time you wish them to spend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Mellor wrote: »
    There's no reason why a architect wouldn't do this on an hourly rate basis. The level of detail would be related on the time you wish them to spend on it.

Thanks, that's good to know. Would you know a ballpark for the average hourly rate? Are we talking €10 or €100 per hour. I can find no info online about it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    Thanks, that's good to know. Would you know a ballpark for the average hourly rate? Are we talking €10 or €100 per hour. I can find no info online about it at all

No idea. I'm not living in Ireland anymore so a bit out of touch with going rates.
    I'd be wary of looking for the cheapest though. A professional wiling to work for minimum wage is an alarm bell for me, in any field really. You going spent a lot of money on this project. Saving €100 quid here won't affect the overall cost much, but it could affect the end result.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

AnswerIs42 wrote: »

Somewhere in the middle for a single person acting on his own behalf.

Advertisement