Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Addresspal package lost by An Post

• 12-08-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I order an ipad through ebay and had it delivered through addresspal US and it's gone missing. I got the customs email and the customs amount is taken out of my credit card. The tracking says it's in New Jersey, it's been saying that for weeks now. I emailed an post a week ago and got an automated response. I rang them on Tuesday (I also sent another email), they said it would be elevated and to give it to Friday. I rang them on Friday and they said it wasn't elevated and that I had to email, which I did and got another automated response (minutes before closing I might add).

I'm lost and frustrated here, an post is sending me in circles. iPad was meant a gift, which means i need to order another one asap. And they won't tell me anything. Not to mention I find out the addresspal insurance is a lousy €40. How can they loose something from two of their own depots?

I'm confidant that it's been stolen at this point. I'm so frustrated at their responses. They say they can't even ring new jersey to find out anything which I find hard to believe. Really really awful customer service. Oh and their complaints contact is the same as their missing packages which is also really unhelpful.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Just an FYI for anyone

Don't use these services for expensive items

It's too much hassle returning or if they get lost

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flesheatingbug

well no **** sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Might be worth googling New Jersey International Mailing Centre (most likely near an airport?) and ringing them. Did you buy the item from a reputable source? Could it have been seized as a counterfeit item? Not sure if it is customs or a different body that handles it in the US.

well no **** sherlock

Bit late for you but might save someone else the bother

Take a look on the addresspal thread if you doubt it

Miaireland wrote: »
    Might be worth googling New Jersey International Mailing Centre (most likely near an airport?) and ringing them. Did you buy the item from a reputable source? Could it have been seized as a counterfeit item? Not sure if it is customs or a different body that handles it in the US.

Might check that out, thanks. Yep the item was delivered to the Addresspal depot in New Jersey, they took the customs amount and said it was dispatched. It's missing between New Jersey and I presume Cork so it's all on them. It's not a counterfeit item and if it was they should have emailed me about it

• Advertisement

It might also be worth contacting Portlaois mailing Centre here. As far as I know most International parcels passed through there.

Miaireland wrote: »
    It might also be worth contacting Portlaois mailing Centre here. As far as I know most International parcels passed through there.

Thanks for the info, I'll check that too...

I suppose no one has a direct way of contacting the portlaoise office, their list number just redirects to the unhelpful customer services number

Well after a number of calls I finally got through to someone competent in anpost, after been told twice that the case had be elevated he informed me that they had made a mistake and nothing was done. He assured me it would be look at straight away and I would be contacted by the end of the day and sure enough I finally was. It's en-route to me now and this is the message i received by addresspal

"Apologies for the delay, this was due to extra scrutiny in transit due to an restricted item being present in one of the bags".

If I had been told that the first day I wouldn't have minded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

well no **** sherlock

People are free to give advice here without this kind of response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Masala

I cant see the point in sending anything that needs to be signed thru AP.

What is to stop an employee just signing 'John Smith' as the signature and keeping the package??? The delivery man doesn't give a toss once he has a signature and the Post Office has no John Smith....so everyone's ass is covered except you!

I suppose the same goes for PM and PW as well....maybe I am being too suspicious and being hard on employees of the above. Its just too tempting!??

Addresspal is ok for low value items from amazon uk or ebay and the like

Anything expensive you're taking a gamble on receipt and returns

"Apologies for the delay, this was due to extra scrutiny in transit due to an restricted item being present in one of the bags".

Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

With Parcelmotel you can pay for extra insurance cover - pretty reasonable too if memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

digitaldr wrote: »
    With Parcelmotel you can pay for extra insurance cover - pretty reasonable too if memory serves me correctly.

Any time I would order expensive with PM, I would order the extra insurance to cover the full value of the item, however I cannot comment on how that would deal with something like this, cause they never lost anything on me.

Advertisement