Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to access my gofree.indigo.ie account

Options
  • 12-08-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have an old gofree.indigo.ie email account which for the past 2 or 3yrs I have being able to get into using the mail2web service, however this year when I try accessing the account I keep getting a login failure even though I am using the correct email address and password which in any case was automatically remembered from the last time I log on 1 year ago.
    If I try using advanced login it asks for either pop3, imap4 or SSL along with server name or ip address none of which I know anything about.
    When I try a different webmail searcher like say Emol it asks for a server name or ip address. I still have the old Win ME computer that the account would have been set up on but it hasn't been online in years, it's too old, and out of date. 
    Any help would be great thanks.

Spaltedwood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You should be able to setup a client to collect from pop.indigo.ie. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spaltedwood

ED E wrote: »
    You should be able to setup a client to collect from pop.indigo.ie. 
    Hi ED E thanks for your reply, please excuse my ignorance but how do you go about setting up a client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have an old gofree.indigo.ie email account which for the past 2 or 3yrs I have being able to get into using the mail2web service, however this year when I try accessing the account I keep getting a login failure even though I am using the correct email address and password which in any case was automatically remembered from the last time I log on 1 year ago.
    If I try using advanced login it asks for either pop3, imap4 or SSL along with server name or ip address none of which I know anything about.
    When I try a different webmail searcher like say Emol it asks for a server name or ip address. I still have the old Win ME computer that the account would have been set up on but it hasn't been online in years, it's too old, and out of date. 

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your email account. If you send an email to wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternative email address, a member of our online support team should be able to look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spaltedwood

eir: Adam wrote: »

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your email account. If you send an email to wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternative email address, a member of our online support team should be able to look into this for you.

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply, yesterday was a good day after looking about I found a page with Indigo server details on it, then using an advanced search on mail2web.com I put in popindigo.ie as the server name and used the POP3 choice that was listed at the bottom along with my email address and password.
    The result was I got into my email account but when I opened the mail I wanted to see it came up as a html with a lot of code and the email scattered through, however I did find what I was looking for.
    When I asked for help from Eir tech support I was told I would have to tell them 3 recently opened emails before they could do anything, while I do appreciate the security, I could have been anybody trying to get into someone else's account, but since it was over a year since I last looked into it there was no way for me to know for certain what else was there apart from the email I was looking for and there were no recently opened emails.
    As it turned out the inbox was mostly full of facebook jibberish. Maybe this can help someone else in a similar situation. 

Again thanks for your help and to ED E who pointed me in a direction.

Spaltedwood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply, yesterday was a good day after looking about I found a page with Indigo server details on it, then using an advanced search on mail2web.com I put in popindigo.ie as the server name and used the POP3 choice that was listed at the bottom along with my email address and password.
    The result was I got into my email account but when I opened the mail I wanted to see it came up as a html with a lot of code and the email scattered through, however I did find what I was looking for.
    When I asked for help from Eir tech support I was told I would have to tell them 3 recently opened emails before they could do anything, while I do appreciate the security, I could have been anybody trying to get into someone else's account, but since it was over a year since I last looked into it there was no way for me to know for certain what else was there apart from the email I was looking for and there were no recently opened emails.
    As it turned out the inbox was mostly full of facebook jibberish. Maybe this can help someone else in a similar situation. 

Spaltedwood
    No problem.

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for. Let us know if you need anything else.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Window1

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Spaltedwood
    No problem.

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for. Let us know if you need anything else.

- Adam
    Hi - glad I found this thread having spent over an hour and a half of online chat support with Eir to no avail so far - currently in a chat which has been interrupted for over 30 mins with no sign of life for the chat support. I have had an indigo email account for decades and I use it daily. For the last couple of years I have been unable to access it via mail2web as it says the password is invalid - I have never changed it from day 1! Normally I have not been too discommoded being unable to check my email via mail2web but it is something I will actually need for a while now. I have been onto eir chat as I say to no avail. I am looking to see if I can get my password reset perhaps as an option but because I cant remember exactly when I set up the indigo account - it was decades ago! - any account details I give dont seem to match what the chat support has on file. I can provide any and all details of recently received/sent emails and short of listing maybe 10 addresses that I may have lived in around that time, student/early jobs etc, I don't know what to do. I do not currently have an eir account. Any help much appreciated! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Window1 wrote: »

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Spaltedwood
    No problem.

- Adam
    Hi - glad I found this thread having spent over an hour and a half of online chat support with Eir to no avail so far - currently in a chat which has been interrupted for over 30 mins with no sign of life for the chat support. I have had an indigo email account for decades and I use it daily. For the last couple of years I have been unable to access it via mail2web as it says the password is invalid - I have never changed it from day 1! Normally I have not been too discommoded being unable to check my email via mail2web but it is something I will actually need for a while now. I have been onto eir chat as I say to no avail. I am looking to see if I can get my password reset perhaps as an option but because I cant remember exactly when I set up the indigo account - it was decades ago! - any account details I give dont seem to match what the chat support has on file. I can provide any and all details of recently received/sent emails and short of listing maybe 10 addresses that I may have lived in around that time, student/early jobs etc, I don't know what to do. I do not currently have an eir account. Any help much appreciated! Thanks
    Hi Window1, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.  

The best people to contact with this queries is our support team at wmsupport@eir.ie They will assist you from there and advise you on all. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Spaltedwood
    No problem.

- Adam
    I should say that I have tried the Advance Login that the OP referred to, but when I click on that it just reverts to the usual web2mail login box with no option to put in server name etc. Thanks

Spaltedwood
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

Spaltedwood
    No problem.

- Adam
    I should say that I have tried the Advance Login that the OP referred to, but when I click on that it just reverts to the usual web2mail login box with no option to put in server name etc. Thanks
    Unfortunately, I'm unaware of the issue from here. Our support team will be happy to investigate this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you Tracey. I will email that address now.

• Advertisement

Thank you Tracey. I will email that address now.
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement