Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window restrictors

Options
  • 12-08-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is acceptable regarding window restrictors with the new regulations that came in on the 1st of July? I know that they must be keyless but having trouble finding out the maximum window opening allowed. Is 10cm too much?
    Where a window has an opening section through which a person may fall, and the bottom of the opening section is more than 1400mm above external ground level, suitable safety restrictors shall be fitted. Safety restrictors shall restrain the window sufficiently to prevent such falls.

I wouldn't want to buy them and then have the inspector tell me it's not acceptable. Also, would the likes of the Jackloc push and turn safety restrictors be okay?

Advertisement