Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist tackles thief to ground in Dublin

Options
  • 12-08-2017 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Just saw this video on youtube;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9iFKOaoh6s

I see people leave bikes unlocked while popping into shops and I wonder how naive they are, especially in Dublin.
    17 seconds was all it took in the video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fair play to the polish lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Usernameisme

Shocking to see this, i actually read this story in the news. The guy was locking the shop up after a hard days work on a bank holiday not expecting some lowlife to try take his bike. Its shocking to see this. That guy is working hard to be able to buy a good bike and is entitled to go to work and not worry about his bike being stolen by Scumbags (excuse the language)....i also read there is 200 euros damage done to the bike which he will probably have to finance himself. The guy is a hero for tackling them by himself....well done to him, he deserves a reward!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i recently popped into 360 cycles for the first time, they had a quick look at my forks for me and pumped them up, and wouldn't take anything for it, even though i was trying to give them even just a fiver for it. nice bunch of guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Shocking to see this, i actually read this story in the news. The guy was locking the shop up after a hard days work on a bank holiday not expecting some lowlife to try take his bike. Its shocking to see this. That guy is working hard to be able to buy a good bike and is entitled to go to work and not worry about his bike being stolen by Scumbags (excuse the language)....i also read there is 200 euros damage done to the bike which he will probably have to finance himself. The guy is a hero for tackling them by himself....well done to him, he deserves a reward!

I completely agree with everything you say.

However, having lived in Dublin all my life I've been at the wrong end of scumbag activity too many times - bikes, car stereos, mobile phones. You simply can't turn your back on anything because as soon as you do some opportune piece of scum steals something that is of value to you.

We've all probably turned our backs on our bikes at some stage even for a few seconds but the video just shows how opportunistic these guys are. Seventeen seconds. Five seconds earlier and they may well have been clean away with that lads bike.

Advertisement